Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIRATE CHAIN](ARRR) A zk-SNARKS only blockchain, secured by dPoW  (Read 50180 times)
grewalsatinder (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:31:42 AM

Seriously, why distribute this zk snark only coin by mining, why not airdrop onto far more people who already here and supporting komodo/supernet, is there a reason why this coin needs to be mined?

Good point, afaik the tech for z-only assetchain is basically complete so an airdrop would create a mature coin with nothing to do other than spread adoption asap

I can't think of any reason this tech needs mining for distribution, security comes from dPoW

Carefuly read the points of notes in first thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:42:34 AM

Seriously, why distribute this zk snark only coin by mining, why not airdrop onto far more people who already here and supporting komodo/supernet, is there a reason why this coin needs to be mined?

Good point, afaik the tech for z-only assetchain is basically complete so an airdrop would create a mature coin with nothing to do other than spread adoption asap

I can't think of any reason this tech needs mining for distribution, security comes from dPoW

Airdrop would need to be claimed, recipients sign their zk snark only AC address with their kmd private key to indicate what their KMD balance is on the snapshot date. Bitcore BTX used this method for their bitcoin airdrop, so it requires user action to claim, not automatic like btc:bch

That would work, right? Is the problem you see from notarising?
grewalsatinder (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:01:16 AM

Airdrop would need to be claimed, recipients sign their zk snark only AC address with their kmd private key to indicate what their KMD balance is on the snapshot date. Bitcore BTX used this method for their bitcoin airdrop, so it requires user action to claim, not automatic like btc:bch

Still don’t get it?

dPoW is not possible as of now for private Assetchain.
PoS is not possible as funds end up in z address.

U are only left with mining option.

Big Naturals

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:20:34 AM

Still don’t get it?

Ok, I saw discussion in discord that sounded like notarization of these private z only assetchains was possible with some modifications, if that isn't correct then any airdrop would have to be less than full coin supply, leaving room for miners. Can't see a problem with kmd holders signing their private AC address to claim an airdrop though, but maybe I'm missing something. The other obvious alternative is allocate a proportion to Supernet from the start, a standard premine, could be 25%, then mine the rest.

If there is a way to distribute one of these z private AC tokens widely to current supporters of the komodo platform it would solve one of the problems all crypto have, adoption, so I think it's  a worthwhile goal.
grewalsatinder (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:31:04 AM

Still don’t get it?

Ok, I saw discussion in discord that sounded like notarization of these private z only assetchains was possible with some modifications, if that isn't correct then any airdrop would have to be less than full coin supply, leaving room for miners. Can't see a problem with kmd holders signing their private AC address to claim an airdrop though, but maybe I'm missing something. The other obvious alternative is allocate a proportion to Supernet from the start, a standard premine, could be 25%, then mine the rest.

If there is a way to distribute one of these z private AC tokens widely to current supporters of the komodo platform it would solve one of the problems all crypto have, adoption, so I think it's  a worthwhile goal.

Yes dukeleto experimenting to see if dPoW is possible or not. There is no news on it. That is why I said “as of now”

Suggest ur idea in discord right now, while u can.

Big Naturals

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:49:43 AM

Still don’t get it?

If there is a way to distribute one of these z private AC tokens widely to current supporters of the komodo platform it would solve one of the problems all crypto have, adoption, so I think it's  a worthwhile goal.

Yes dukeleto experimenting to see if dPoW is possible or not. There is no news on it. That is why I said “as of now”

Suggest ur idea in discord right now, while u can.

Thanks! I just want to see komodo platform adoption grow, and these super private AC tokens have many legal applications especially if dPoW could give them bitcoin level security,  so I hope dukeleto is successful.

One application that I thought of is for shareholder registries for private companies that need to be fully anon for obvious reasons, but also need the highest grade security in crypto which is dPoW. In this scenario the private company would need a fixed token amount set at launch, and if they could pay for dPoW fees with kmd, then they could convert their share registry over to an AC that allowed shareholders complete privacy, but max security. If this was possible this tech could spread rapidly.    

https://www.fool.com/knowledge-center/how-to-sell-privately-held-stocks.aspx
Adam D Levine

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:23:17 AM

One application that I thought of is for shareholder registries for private companies that need to be fully anon for obvious reasons, but also need the highest grade security in crypto which is dPoW. In this scenario the private company would need a fixed token amount set at launch, and if they could pay for dPoW fees with kmd, then they could convert their share registry over to an AC that allowed shareholders complete privacy, but max security. If this was possible this tech could spread rapidly.    

Lack of anonymity for token trading and ownership is a fundamental weakness of other token platforms like NXT, Waves and Ethereum. Who wants everyone else knowing what you own, how you trade, and who you gave shares to, makes those platforms unusable for +90% of applications.

Enforced anon by default is a killer feature, hope it eventuates
Big Naturals

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:09:35 AM

Lack of anonymity for token trading and ownership is a fundamental weakness of other token platforms like NXT, Waves and Ethereum. Who wants everyone else knowing what you own, how you trade, and who you gave shares to, makes those platforms unusable for +90% of applications.

Exactly, being able to offer small entities anonymous trading platform with bitcoin level security is a killer feature, last year my partner inherited 0.5% of a third generation family business worth over 20 M USD but can't access any of the funds as selling even a fraction is extremely difficult, and with under 150 shareholders the current system they use is a spreadsheets on an old Windows XP box managed by an elderly relative in a retirement home, seriously, they don't trust accountants.
Adam D Levine

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:44:01 AM

Exactly, being able to offer small entities anonymous trading platform with bitcoin level security is a killer feature, last year my partner inherited 0.5% of a third generation family business worth over 20 M USD but can't access any of the funds as selling even a fraction is extremely difficult, and with under 150 shareholders the current system they use is a spreadsheets on an old Windows XP box managed by an elderly relative in a retirement home, seriously, they don't trust accountants.

Still a long way to go for usability but the tech fundamentals for small private shareholder trading apps of the future are close with zk snark assets.
webworker01

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

I enhanced the getting started page https://pirate.komodostats.com/getting_started

We're just about to hit block 10k, halving at block 77,777.. Still around 50 days, so it's really, really early, let me know if I can help, I'm mainly on discord ;p
Pirate_Arr

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:35:07 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 05:26:27 PM by Pirate_Arr

Arr PIRATE maties,

More than 10% of current PIRATE supply will be airdropped to those who missed out on early days mining.

There is now a public pool with working payouts to Z-addresses, if you want to mine it easily (thanks to Webworker01): https://pirate.komodostats.com
To qualify for the airdrop all you need to do is supply a Z-address in a PM.

RULES:
-> The airdrop amount is 250,000 PIRATE
-> Send your z-address in a PM to this user
-> The airdrop will happen on: 19th of September 2018
-> Cut off for supplying Z address is the day before: 18th September at 0 UTC
-> Any Z-address submitted after this time will not be included in the airdrop
-> The PIRATE will be divided evenly over the addresses supplied. If 250,000 people apply you will each get 1.
-> Any BTT accounts made after 1st September 2018 or newbie accounts, will not be included in the airdrop!

(This account will be the official PIRATE account from now on)
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:22:09 PM

To qualify for the airdrop all you need to do is supply a Z-address in this BCT ANN.

Posting addresses is against forum rules, could get this thread locked by mods, might be better to use a spreadsheet.
Rowane

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:54:39 PM

This project helps to trade a lot for those who know nothing yet! much watch this project to become highly recommended for all traders. Good luck for the team, i am trust in we!
Pirate_Arr

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:25:04 PM

To qualify for the airdrop all you need to do is supply a Z-address in this BCT ANN.

Posting addresses is against forum rules, could get this thread locked by mods, might be better to use a spreadsheet.

Good point. How about everyone who wants to participate, sends his address in a PM. A spreadsheet will be made to keep track, so anyone can check their address.
sulphurgarganeygr

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:40:50 AM

I think the best of Zcash PIRATE is combined with the best of Monero. It was a tightly blocked transactions (transactions z) blockchain only, meaning transactions completely anonymous. PIRATE be exploited to address transparency, but can only go to an address that is shielded from there, a blockchain independence is built using platform technologies Komodo, which is transaction security blockchain only, complete features for what it does not need any improvements, PIRATE, core. Quite impressed with this project.
Flexatron

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 06:03:25 AM

Difficulty and hashrate goes up and down, still easy to mine with gpu
NonStop

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:03:02 AM

https://i.imgur.com/C8GE81M.png
Pirate_Arr

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

A spreadsheet has been made to verify your airdrop address:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10D9dJSabZGK2YOWeBl-wMgPthoGVpRgV0zIMDHTSvwc

boacw

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:22:57 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10D9dJSabZGK2YOWeBl-wMgPthoGVpRgV0zIMDHTSvwc

I don't have a google account, so I can't write my z-address there!
Pirate_Arr

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:43:24 AM

I don't have a google account, so I can't write my z-address there!

You need to PM me your z-address to get on that list.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: