Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I don't trust BTC-E (edit 23/3/2014)  (Read 1192 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viscera (OP)

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:02:06 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 08:01:26 AM by Viscera

edit 23/3/3014,

Well I'm glad to say I have long since removed all my coins from BTC-E, I'm sad to say that the disregard for free and open discussion on BTC-E has been all but completely destroyed. The "troll box" is still full of trolls, but not the ones we remember from last year. These days the trolls are the Moderators who talk among themselves and ban anyone who doesn't like it. Today Paulgr, Serraz and MoosaNYC are all glad handing one another while demonizing Blackmambamedia for mentioning meatspin. I don't know what it is and I don't really care, but just the fact that this discussion took place makes me more interested in meatspin and less impressed with the level of hypocrisy that has been allowed to incubate on this exchange.

here's the "discussion" note the pressence of 3 moderators and the repeated posts every few seconds (, spam like "ROFL", something no one else is allowed to do).

It's like the mods are making "filler" so that no one notices that all the people with something interesting to say have been banned. All it's doing is making the site look stupid.

paulgr: MoosaNYC, I wanna steam up your goggles mate

MoosaNYC: zigz, 99d b7s for meatspin gg m8 o7

psirusmojo: yea, i think it was paulgr that banned you

updog: meatspin? that sounds delicious!

MoosaNYC: paulgr, lol

Bitmeister: green candle on LTC rig
ht NOW

paulgr: jhira, yeah all good mate

MoosaNYC: omg guis lemme go read my mango in peace ill let mr paulgr take over :3

MoosaNYC: gg m8s o7

ept03: green LTC candle! buy buy buy

serraz: ....

MoosaNYC: serraz, and u

zigz: have a good fap

paulgr: MoosaNYC, buwaaahaha..

Blackmambamedia: paulgr, i think you ban me because of meatspin

serraz: .....um

jhira: paulgr, Lol thats my default response to you your always flyin

villesorsa: man the market doesnt know what direction to go lol

elcamo: Dear, LTC chikun, please pump to moon while I sleep.. otherwise I may just forget it all and say pluck you!

serraz: Blackmambamedia, if he doesnt i sure as hell will
emphasis added

MoosaNYC: serraz, u are sexy too i saw ur IG last night sweet g string Wink

polzki: Villesorsa go to sleep kannili

paulgr: Blackmambamedia, when did I ban you mate?

(note that it was such a long ban that paulgr can't remember, or maybe it's just he's banned so many 1000's of people)

KeesS: huobi is down.

Frodoz: market cap around 16 billion would make ltc 600, totally doable in the next few yrs as merchants adapt, add, switch to ltc

serraz: MoosaNYC, ou are drunk go home

MoosaNYC: ROFL ok im out theres more than enough mods here bbl

villesorsa: polzki: actually i just woke

MoosaNYC: o7

BGLame: Wink For that i was talking about Yesterday .. !! Wink Those wich remember what i said.. now will get happend! Wink BTC and LTC will become rise.. and people .. Wars in the world will make rich these wich have investment in to LTC and BTC Wink

zigz: ay cappi

Blackmambamedia: paulgr, it was so long ago you probably dont remember but i just have been free from my shackles . let me free masters of trollbox

paulgr: serraz, LOL

Simran2: MoosaNYC, let's keep chillin on Skype, dat fgt uncle serraz can take of da trollbox

polzki: villesorsa: I know its 9:33am right ?

MoosaNYC: uncle serraz

MoosaNYC: ROFL

from the 13/3/2014

Well Today I've removed ALL my coins from btc-e and here's why I recommend all my friends do the same.

I knew poor communication was a reflection of poor management at Mt Gox 2 years ago, and can happily say that for at least the last 12 months I've been warning my friends NOT to use that exchange.

During that time I've been recommending AND using btc-e. Sadly btc-e has gotten to the point where the communication of those representing btc-e has gotten to the most ridiculous levels and as of about 3 months ago I stopped recommending them, and today, I pulled the last of my funds from this exchange.

Today I witnessed double standards of the most outrages proportions. A moderator that bans people for swearing says. "my anus hurts" and then continues to blatantly abuse his privilege of being able to avoid the time restriction placed on everyone else to spam the room with his bored suggestion that he ban himself because he's so bored. I don't know how they've managed to reduce the discussion to a moderators and ass lickers love fest in just over 12 months but the incompetence on a communication front for the exchange is staggering.

I removed all my bitcoins except 0.1 thinking that would be enough so that I could still chat there. (I did plan to say goodbye.) When I tried to say goodbye I got a message saying I needed $47 to chat... well I could have converted the last 0.1 bitcoins to $57 but i just thought bugger it. I would have trusted them with 0.1btc... at least it might have been worth something when I come back in 3 years... but I don't really expect btc-e to be there anyway...

Thanks for the coins btc-e, the last too years has been fun. When you introduce moderators who actually know what's going on at the exchange and can at least discuss efforts to prove solvency and other issues more important than fart jokes, I may be back. Bye and good luck y'all (this was to be my goodbye message, saying it on bitcointalk will have to suffice.)

For more history on bans and why I believe this reflects badly on the exchange you can see the other thread I started on the topic here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488677.msg5384526#msg5384526

I mean, you can disable the chat (:

Yes you can ignore stupid people, but only newbies trust stupid people with their money

edit 13/3/2014

Moderators on btc-e kill trading talk when it suits them but then say stuff like this

moderator: "There is still a week until LTC is on Huobi. It won't hold these prices all this time. There will be a drop."

This kind of discussion from someone who appears to newbies to be working for the exchange is incredibly unprofessional. I'm glad I've got every last cent out of that exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:26:13 PM

Keeping coin on an exchange is invariably a bad idea
Good on ya for checking out...

Pages: [1]