Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I made a mistake purchasing 3070 Ti Nvidia gpu  (Read 88 times)
Wincob (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 07:36:32 AM

Is this the right place post about thermal issue? If not I am sorry, I have a 3070 ti gpu that I use for gaming and a few months ago I started trying mining for the first time, my 3070 ti gives me 57MH using 180watt at 56°C max and memory temperature at 86°C but later after three months I started seeing memory temperature go to 100-104°C and I did open the gpu and use grizzly bear thermal paste but now the result is even worse, I am getting 60°C temp and 106°C mem temperature pls help me.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 07:53:45 AM

You need to change the memory thermal pad. There are many videos on youtube about your model, just search it. Also using a gpu for mining is not a mistake, is the same thing as if it was used for something else, example --> gaming, if you dont want to bother about changing the memory thermal pads then send back to the manufacture and ask them to change it, dont think they will refuse it, you dont need to tell them you used it for mining.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 08:40:45 AM

Is this the right place post about thermal issue? If not I am sorry, I have a 3070 ti gpu that I use for gaming and a few months ago I started trying mining for the first time, my 3070 ti gives me 57MH using 180watt at 56°C max and memory temperature at 86°C but later after three months I started seeing memory temperature go to 100-104°C and I did open the gpu and use grizzly bear thermal paste but now the result is even worse, I am getting 60°C temp and 106°C mem temperature pls help me.
I hope you didn't use thermal paste to upgrade your memory Smiley
DDR6X memory is very hot, as is the case with 3080 and 3090 graphics cards, so you will have to solve this problem by replacing thermal pads. Watch a YouTube video and find the correct thickness of thermal pads before replacing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2022, 02:12:55 PM

You probably changed only thermal paste on GPU, but for mining you have to change the thermal pad from memory chips

Like metroid said, take a look on youtube and you'll see how to change. If you already changed the thermal paste, you know how to disassembly the card

Your result is worse probably due to the service you did, you need to be sure the thermal pads are on the right position and well mounted to give the right pressure
Be sure to buy the right thickness

And another thing, you can test a fan blowing air to the backplate and see if temperature reduce at least 2 or 4ºC

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Ketesnuko

Activity: 233
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 02:30:10 PM

RTX 3070Ti are stubborn as hell, I have one msi brand that comes with two thermal pad size on the memory chips, I don't know it's 2mm and 3mm size pad, I replaced with 2mm only and it became worse, I had to find the brand online to know the actual thermal pad that was in the graphic cards, i can't even tell by just looking maybe I have bad eye.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 05:19:26 PM

My RTX 3080 Ti has the same issue. It can get up to 106° when dual mining ETH+CFX even at 100% fan speed. I just decided to mine ERG instead, so the temp. is under 90°.

I will no longer buy high-end RTX 3000 cards. I would rather get the RTX 3060 12GB go with AyyMD. It's much easier to deal with them even if I need more cards or MOBOs.
FirmWars

Activity: 229
Merit: 79

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 05:39:41 PM

The RTX 3060, 3060Ti and 3070 are the most peaceful of the RTX series stay away from the rest unless you like modding and changing thermal pads, my advice is to buy thermal pad and replace them or do the thermal chip modding that's going around online as the perfect solution to high temp on 3070ti 3080s and 3090 right now.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: