Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 05:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY WE BOUNTY HUNTERS HAVE SUCH A BAD REPUTATION  (Read 1311 times)
qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:13:28 PM
Merited by kewlc3s (1)

It's such a shame that although Bounty Hunters do provide value as a community we are really beginning to get a bad name in this Industry. Primarily for two reasons.

1. We dump the tokens we get as soon as they get listed on exchanges. For example, MONEYTOKEN LAUNCHED today on exchanges and it was dumped hardcore, of course,  who else other than BOUNTY HUNTERS AND AIRDROP PEEPS. My Hubby also made two videos but he said no way in hell is he literally giving away the coin way below ICO price. We live in Europe as well, so we don't have the cheap living costs many bounty hunters enjoy who live in Asia and Africa. I know we all have to survive, but we are looking more like beggars now in the crypto community with no self-worth. Maybe alot of bounty hunters don't value their time or themselves but come on, way below ICO price you go and dump the tokens, have people no sense?

2. 2nd point is the rampant stealing and cheating. EVERY DAY we are finding idiots trying to claim bounty stakes by impersonating us and stealing our videos or blog reviews. No wonder now so many ICOS are requesting us to do KYC, we are not to be even trusted to do a decent job.

I really think the bounty industry as to be cleaned up and I would prefer it if bounty tokens were like locked up for a few months before we could all mass dump for so cheap and then Investors getting so angry and pissed off at us. I know everyone in crypto is selfish and for himself only but come on being too selfish is actually shooting yourselves and all of us in the foot. We will never get lambos and moons at this rate lol.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

I do not think locking up the tokens will make any difference as they will again be dumped as soon as unlocked, personally i never dump below ico price myself, i think more than bounty hunters it is the market condition which force even investors to sell and escape, you know panic selling, so we cannot blame bounty hunters only, we have seen prices going 10x-100x in bull season why dont they blame bounty hunters during bull season.

qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:27:03 PM

I do not think locking up the tokens will make any difference as they will again be dumped as soon as unlocked, personally i never dump below ico price myself, i think more than bounty hunters it is the market condition which force even investors to sell and escape, you know panic selling, so we cannot blame bounty hunters only, we have seen prices going 10x-100x in bull season why dont they blame bounty hunters during bull season.

You do have some valid points here and I do respect everyone's point of view, even if it is different from mine but the fact remains we often in our community make too many rash and bad decisions and panic selling is not the way to go. We are doing ourselves and everyone else a disservice and either we need to learn to be better traders to help preserve better entry and exit points or we are not mature enough for this Industry. It's also the Bounty cheaters, they all need to be hunted down and blacklisted. These nasty elements need to be done away with as soon as possible. Instead of spending time cheating, they could put their heads down and create their own content to get paid.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

If I believe in the project, I keep the tokens at least six months, never cheated in the spreadsheets. But I do not want to wait for my tokens for 3-4 months, this is not fair.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
akihiro101117

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:36:00 PM

i also agree that locking the bounties will not cleanse the forum from bogus bounty hunter. i am a bounty hunter also but i do not dump bounties. it is the developers jurisdiction on how much they will alot in a bounty. if they raise high for bounty it is their problem they must have anticipated dumping from bounty. the merit system is enough to maintain the quality of this forum.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Ikingpain

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:54:45 PM

I agree with you, but not in everything. Small investors also sell their tokens immediately after entering the exchange and lower the price below the price of ICO. And many bounty hunters do not sell their tokens at once
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:27:23 PM

You cannot blame bounty hunters for dumping the coins when they get them. The reason that we dump the coins as soon as we get them is because we understand that many of the new projects will not last for a long time in the market and we do not want to end up with worthless coins in our wallets when the project finally ends up crashing.

Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:38:56 PM

I'm a bounty and I do not have a bad reputation Grin. The claim that bounty hunters cause a coin to dump is scarcely true in my opinion. This is because these ICOs give huge bonuses to private investors and VC's. Some of these bonuses are without lock-in periods, these guys dump these heavy bonuses upon listing, unchecked, I mean it's their money, you know.. Mind you, airdrop and bounty usually make up a paltry 1-2% of the total tokens in circulation.

Personally, I do not sell my bounty tokens at first exchange listing. It's almost a rule of thumb for me. This is partly why I have tokens with prices below the ICO price, and I'm not worried especially for good projects as I know I'll be back in profits soon.

As for manipulations and cheating by bounty hunters, this is so true. The constant complaints on telegram group of people impersonating others just to claim their spoils.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:45:05 PM

This is entirely a wrong assumption, how is it believed that the coin dumping is done by bounty hunters, the token allocated to bounty hunters most times could be around 1% of the entire token. The value of crypto is increasingly on the decline and I think developers will equally want to recoup part of what they have invested and in paying their staff. In as much as I may not exonerate bounty hunters from the blame, It may not be entirely from them

Fenya96

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:48:12 PM

You cannot blame bounty hunters for dumping the coins when they get them. The reason that we dump the coins as soon as we get them is because we understand that many of the new projects will not last for a long time in the market and we do not want to end up with worthless coins in our wallets when the project finally ends up crashing.

That is why you should always do your own research to find projects with real potential.

It's such a shame that although Bounty Hunters do provide value as a community we are really beginning to get a bad name in this Industry. Primarily for two reasons.

You could also add a third point to your list: followers with no interest in the ICO. Let me explain: sure, a 50k Telegram group looks nice, but by now everyone knows that 99%of the members are from bounties/airdrops, and does not plan to buy the tokens at all. They only care about collecting some free tokens, and possibly dumping it after the first listing.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

The most important reason for this is ICO project teams who run away with money or make no effort to improve their project. It isn't fair to blame the bounty hunters alone.
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:35:10 PM

The pursuit of profit can create a bad cash flow for the project. After all, a large number of people or accounts that sells even for 100 dollars of coins, can very much squeeze the value of a coin on the market.
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:42:07 PM

The bounty hunters are only going to get a worse and worse reputation.   As the prices of payouts decrease the more educated will move on to better opportunities.  The poor will flock in to replace them and completely destroy this space.  Bounty hunters will get .l10 cents a bounty and the content will be piss poor. 
vinayak2628
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:43:37 PM

I agree with your statement. But only bounty hunter are not dumping coin sometimes investor with high bonus also dump their bonus coin.. I see lots of ICO where bounty budget is too less but Investor dump their bonus.  
trplzr

Activity: 532
Merit: 168

hello there

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

Who is bounty hunter for some time knows that the right time to sell the tokens is the moment that falls in the wallet ^^. Every time I held it, I got hurt...
I believe the campaigns that keep the forum active, new users and etc ...

CryptoGuro1

Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:04:13 PM

I believe it is because most of them cheat their way through campaigns, creating multiple accounts. The whole space has become very diluted

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:13:21 PM

Because of not proper completing tasks with cheating. And the other thing is that may be the dont receive what they want from bounty hunters. Anyway I think not all of projects are thinking so
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:16:18 PM

Looking at someone,I would say the contrary that the bad reputation is from administrators who implement these bounty of the company,as they just throw 100 people,or stupidly cut back payments,or do you throw and do not pay the tokens,but it is clear that not all people do,but very on the market it affects
PumaPuma_

Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:16:41 PM

Some bounty hunters are so insignificant that they work for $ 2 a month. It's just a shame. Here such at the first opportunity and will be discarded.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:21:47 PM

1. We dump the tokens we get as soon as they get listed on exchanges......We live in Europe as well, so we don't have the cheap living costs many bounty hunters enjoy who live in Asia and Africa. ......Maybe alot of bounty hunters don't value their time or themselves but come on, way below ICO price you go and dump the tokens, have people no sense?

I agree that most bounty hunters do dump and into fast money but I also believe that bounty hunters nowadays is getting smart too that they also wait for price to go up before dumping. I'm also Asia and what you say is true, $1 can already buy us a decent lunch but it's not true that we don't value our time or our selves but it's just we know that if we don't sell some of coins we have (like for me I do 50/50 -50%hodl  50% sell), others will still do and it will take time before value of that token goes up again.

2. 2nd point is the rampant stealing and cheating. EVERY DAY we are finding idiots trying to claim bounty stakes by impersonating us and stealing our videos or blog reviews. No wonder now so many ICOS are requesting us to do KYC, we are not to be even trusted to do a decent job.

- yup, again I agree with you. I joined one ICO and when I checked for my twitter name there's like 9 people using it too and good thing there's a proof of authentication thus making me legit one.

I really think the bounty industry as to be cleaned up and I would prefer it if bounty tokens were like locked up for a few months before we could all mass dump for so cheap and then Investors getting so angry and pissed off at us. I know everyone in crypto is selfish and for himself only but come on being too selfish is actually shooting yourselves and all of us in the foot. We will never get lambos and moons at this rate lol.

-I disagree with you. I don't think locking the token will help in anyways. Just want to set a good example, I'm part of Signal bounty campaign and it takes a lot of time for token to be rewarded coz Admin says to supposedly protect investor but still value of token plunge below ICO price because of the bonus token given to all investor and like hunters, investors dump their free token too. So the thing is that, it's not only hunters killing ICO's but also investors and maybe also the ICO project giving a very generous reward just to sell off their token.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: