Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized or Decentralized for cryptocurrencies?  (Read 2235 times)
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:50:44 PM

We all know, there are 2 types of cryptocurrency
1st: centralized
2nd: decentralized

The difference between them, centralized cryptocurrency is controlled by a government or a company. It has value only in the specific area under company or government boundaries.
Decentralized cryptocurrency has no connection with any state, government

But, the government of some countries are against Bitcoin and some are ready to adopt Bitcoin. So what would effect on Bitcoin if any government approved Bitcoin as a legal tender?
if bitcoin approved to be a legal tender, there will be good because an open ledger called a block chain on which all transactions are recorded and monitored. Because of this, once a transaction is completed and recorded on the ledger, it cannot be changed. Transactions are available for verification by anyone and anytime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:08:44 PM

In nature cryptocurrencies are decentralized, however with government intervention and KYC its becoming centralized. In a dangerous price manner of cryptocurrency its good for investors to have protection specially the small ones, without governing bodies we can't sue anyone who is violating others. But I believe that power and control over should only be vested to individuals or holders.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:36:26 PM

Too much or too few has no good effect on everything. If i would have to choose, i want to have a half decentralize half centralize or a pre regulated system just right to monitor scam ICOs or even scammers or alt accounts. System with no regulation is good, but free people are sometimes scary.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
CPetersson (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:28:21 PM

In nature cryptocurrencies are decentralized, however with government intervention and KYC its becoming centralized. In a dangerous price manner of cryptocurrency its good for investors to have protection specially the small ones, without governing bodies we can't sue anyone who is violating others. But I believe that power and control over should only be vested to individuals or holders.

It depends on people, because not everyone understands why we need decentralization. Most of people just don't care about their area of freedom and for them its ok to send passport, photo etc. And ofc government won't allow something decentralized.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:17:57 PM

Some Governments are biased, and if they get hold of the control of Bitcoin, no one could predict what could happen. Moreover, the essence of Crypto-currency is not to place the control in the hands of some people. Crypto-currency is a default trust system, and when people gets to control it. Biasness could crept in, not to talk of when Government gets in charge.
Although, there are good sides to it.
I agree with this, while some people complain about the whales having a big influence in the market at the same time they have gained the right to that influence by having so many bitcoins that they earn by being smart and invest at the right time unlike so many other people, but in a centralized system those very same whales will be a lot more powerful since they will be able to bribe those at the top and play by different rules than the ones that we play.

Under a decentralized system whales still have a lot of advantage since they are very powerful but they still need to play by the same rules that we play, that means that if they make too many mistakes they will stop being whales and they will not have as many influence in the market as they have now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:29:18 PM

The difference between them, centralized cryptocurrency is controlled by a government or a company. It has value only in the specific area under company or government boundaries.

But, the government of some countries are against Bitcoin and some are ready to adopt Bitcoin. So what would effect on Bitcoin if any government approved Bitcoin as a legal tender?

For they are not against (based on what I know) they may not see bitcoin as an essential to there country.  We should have atleast understand them.

Also can anyone give an information about a government, besides China that do not like to adapt bitcoin/ the cryptocurrency.

If some government that I do not know of do this banning/ non-adaptation to bitcoin. I would say it is becuase that they do not see a great future behind cryptocurrency or they can not see a good way to take advantage of our cryptocurrency.

Also no offense to the government, we do see some government that are getting monies behind our back.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:51:35 PM

So in the end,we still prefer to have a decentralized system rather than a system controlled by the government.I think we should not lost the nature of crypto having a decentralized system because first and foremost,it's what keeps the people from entering into a crypto world where you have the full control of your money and no tax is being collected.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:56:55 PM

Having a government approval for supporting bitcoin gives the supporters and investors a confidence that the government isn't disagreeing with bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. But whether we will see them adopt or not, bitcoin is bound to keep on operating.

We believe that with these adoptions and approval's will make the price of bitcoin on a boost but if there will be no the same event, nothing will happen. As long as a country declares bitcoin isn't illegal to them, whether they will declare it as a legal tender or not and they are neutral to it I guess that's ok.

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:00:27 PM

Well of course I would rather go decentralize concept, And I know for sure everybody here want it too. Due to we don't to be control by someone  else or by the government. Then, cryptocurrency was being categorized as unregulated business while centralization is for regulated business which is controllable by the government, and we don't it to be happen as crypto fanatic.
BOTTOS

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:19:20 PM

Decentralized is what we should strive towards. Centralized cryptocurrency defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

Decentralized is what we should strive towards. Centralized cryptocurrency defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency.
This is correct, but this is precisely the type of cryptocurrency that governments are going to create in order to deceive people into thinking that they are investing in a new technology when it's nothing more than glorified fiat, I really think that is the next step that governments are going to take, you just need to look at Venezuela and their attempts to create their own cryptocurrency.

But like always their efforts are going to fail, those kind of currencies in which a centralized party can print as much of it as they want are always going to fail because those currencies are not based on sound economic principles, you cannot create wealth by printing money you only create an a scenario in which your currency loses value.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:39:47 PM

I think everybody had their own piece of this negative experience with centralized exchanges over the years. With this DEX hype, I've made my own research, tried like a dozen of those DEX's and Bancor turns out to be the best one for me. I don't like letting another group control my funds or what I can do with them. Centralized versions like Kucoin or COSS that offer a unique earnings model and user incentive will have their place, and the access to $$ markets means places like coin base will be the major gateways into cryptocurrency for the foreseeable future.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:58:54 PM

Since bitcoin is a better currency than all of those centralized currencies, it is very likely that a government that decides to adopt bitcoin will not do it for long because they are going to realize that bitcoin eventually begins to supplant its own currency, that is why we see a lot more countries banning cryptocurrencies than adopting them but at the end of the day it doesn't matter even if a country decides to ban cryptocurrencies people are going to use them if they can obtain benefits out of them.
feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

People like and enjoy decentralized cryptocurrency but if ever government find a way to make it centralized people have no choice but to accept it and follow the rules and regulations government will implemented.

concitta

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:35:25 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 01:17:33 AM by concitta

the concept of bitcoin emergence is decentralization, if from the beginning its spread has entered the realm of centralization, price strengthening and equity will not be as far as now, because the players are only for a handful of people.

But altcoins have different potential where CEOs can have the possibility to integrate with the demands of a centralized state system. but I will continue to believe that they remain on the path of decentralization with various adaptive likelihood ratios.

BTC Bitway BTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
✦ ────────  Discord Instagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook    ──────── ✦
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:44:23 AM

Centralized and decentralized systems both have their own advantages and disadvantages so i think there is no direct significant effect from these two systems to Bitcoin because Bitcoin value will always depend of suppy and demand therefore either centralize or decentralized system just as long the real demand is always there then Bitcoin will always have a future.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

I think everybody had their own piece of this negative experience with centralized exchanges over the years. With this DEX hype, I've made my own research, tried like a dozen of those DEX's and Bancor turns out to be the best one for me. I don't like letting another group control my funds or what I can do with them. Centralized versions like Kucoin or COSS that offer a unique earnings model and user incentive will have their place, and the access to $$ markets means places like coin base will be the major gateways into cryptocurrency for the foreseeable future.
Mate. This isn't a discussion about exchanges but its about the acceptance of government of bitcoin as a legal tender.

You assumed that just because there are the words "decentralized" and "centralized" its about exchanges. It's not about the negative experience of a user from exchanges but your reaction if the government starts to adopt bitcoin and recognizes it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Rosesie

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:20:32 AM

It is clear that people will choose decentralized for cryptocurrencies because of it decentralization and it can not be controlled by anyone or any group.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:42:37 AM

Is "Centralized Cryptocurrency" even a thing?

Here are the most important qualities a true Cryptocurrency must have:
A true Cryptocurrency must be decentralized, public, trustless, permissionless, immutable, transparent, uncensorable.
These should also be very important rules of Cryptocurrency which developers must try to stick with. Exchanges ordinarily should not list Cryptocurrencies that Break the rules.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

cryptocurencies are baseeed on blockchain technology. the most innovative feature of this technology is to provide a decentralized ecosystem for us. decentralization help people against being robbed by banks and any strict authorities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: