Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]REDDITCOIN[RDC][SCRYPT][KGW][IPO] LAUNCH 03/13/2014 ! GET IN FAST !  (Read 30232 times)
DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:43:09 PM

Hi, this is Yishan from reddit.  I am the CEO of the company.

I just want to confirm that this is NOT affiliated with reddit in any way, and the developers responsible do NOT have permission to use our name or our logos.  Please do not "invest" in this (it also seems a bit scammy...).

Also, if the developers do move forward with launching the coin, we will be forced to take legal action to protect our trademarks (something you have to do to avoid dilution).  I don't want to do that, so I would really prefer it if the devs responsible for this would voluntarily shut down this project.  Again, it is not in any way sanctioned by reddit.

Thanks Yishan.  I wasn't expecting a post from the CEO of Reddit directly (or, at least someone claiming to be).  Either way, Reddit has an obligation to protect it's trademark if it wants to retain it.

Edit:  Actually, with the email address used for the profile, it seems like that actually is Yishan, as the email would need to be confirmed.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yishan

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:00:40 PM

Yep, it's really me.  I set the preferences to display the email on the profile of the account for this reason.  (Oddly, I didn't get a confirmation email yet, so this account isn't truly verified - if someone with standing on this board would like to email me to verify and then post back here to this thread, I'll reply; however please not everyone since, you know, I use that account for work)

Here is a selfie: https://i.imgur.com/0K7WQ1p.jpg (hopefully you can see the forum in the washed-out background)
AlaricI

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

Get 'em, Yishan!
pembo210

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:15:41 PM

woah
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

In b4 lock
Battleorigin

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:50:20 PM

Yep, it's really me.  I set the preferences to display the email on the profile of the account for this reason.  (Oddly, I didn't get a confirmation email yet, so this account isn't truly verified - if someone with standing on this board would like to email me to verify and then post back here to this thread, I'll reply; however please not everyone since, you know, I use that account for work)

Here is a selfie: https://i.imgur.com/0K7WQ1p.jpg (hopefully you can see the forum in the washed-out background)

+/u/reddtipbot 1000000 reddcoins
DynamicDK

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:04:24 PM

+/u/reddtipbot 1000000 reddcoins

Hah, if only it was working on the forums now.  Maybe soon.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
SCATMANSTEVE

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

Hopefully everyone stayed away, any money given is surely lost  Cry
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:54:06 PM

Even though I'm no fan of copyrights - using someone else's business name and logo like this is basically fraudulent in my book.

At least coinye could be somewhat defended in terms of free speech and satire.

This is just scummy.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:00:08 AM

Well one way to fight back is to shut down any subreddits that try to open up in connection with the coin.

It will be nigh impossible for a coin to set up shop without building a grassroots community, and the defacto place for coins to do that is Reddit.

Also, it will be a nuclear strike against "Redditcoin" that it should be called "Redditcoin" and yet be barred from Reddit!

I can't see it surviving a second if these measures are taken.
Skyfoxy

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:13:42 AM

Aside from the fact that it's using a copyrighted name & logo (which Yishan is all over already!), this is the biggest scam I've seen.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this like the plague, don't invest any BTC in the (I'm not pre-mining, yet I have to for the IPO?!?!?) so-called IPO and don't waste your time mining it as it will be shut down anyway.

Terrible idea...
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:00:08 AM

Lol please stop spreading this fraudulent and dishonest coin.
Dogemogul

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:34:51 AM

WARNING ----watch out guys---- this has stackcoin scam written ALL OVER IT...
you were warned...
dailyarsenal

Activity: 98

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:17:16 AM

Does this IPO have an escrow service?

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:24:24 AM

Sk1llS

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

Another failure similar to Conye on the horizon.
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:29:25 AM

REDDITCOIN was added to AltCoinCalendar.info.

Check Coin Countdown

if you like our work donations are welcome.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
Don't miss any coin release at altCoinCalendar.info

zmhaha

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:40:58 AM

Zero premine but if I send BTC I can get the coin? So how do you plan on doing this?
We (rdc dev team) think of premine as taking the coins , and keeping them for the dev team and not distributing them,but just dumping them .
Or saying that the premine is for fake giveaways of bounties or any other fake thing .

We will premine the coins,but keep 0 of them to us (dev team) , we will only premine the amount that the investors have paid for , and give RDC to the investors .

Well. It is basically the same thing, given the dev would either dump the premine or take the IPO BTC and give whatever the IPOed coin amount, if it worth anything.

Bad scenario:
Premine: DEV keeps the premine first and tell people to use it for whatever noble purposes. If things go bad, the DEVs dumps the premine, the coin dies. If the DEV originally planned to dump the premine(at a good price to him) regardless what happens, the coin dies.

RDC IPO: DEV instantly sell the not-premined-coin-but-mined-on-IPO-demand for BTC whenever there is an IPO investor coming in. And in exchange, the IPO investor get RDC. So how is that different from the regular premine dump?  

The only difference is the timing. In the regular premine dump, DEV keeps the coin for sometime before the dump.
In this case, you don't keep the coin, but you dump-on-demand.

To me, the only way to justify a IPO is that, not limited to:
1: DEV gotta be a pro in what area this coin is targeted to, and better be able to prove whatever he/she/them claims to be.  AND
2: DEV team needs to be big and professional enough, which also lowers the risk of IPO investor. AND
3: The future plan of the coin needs to be explained in great detail, and you better be able to convince people you are capable and willing to devote your team into that. And then investors can judge whether it is a good plan or bad plan. AND
4: The spec parameters of the coin needs to have some features, good ones. By features, I am not just talking about KGW.
username here

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

We thank everyone for supporting us in the postivie aswell the negative way .  Smiley

Go fuck yourself.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:22:07 AM

Hi

I have been mining alt-coins using pools for a while now. But I have never solo-mined.

Will I need to solo-mine Redditcoin on March 13th or will you have pools ready by then?

If solo-mining is the only option, would you please write a guide for people like me who would like to solo-mine Redditcoin?

Thanks!
M

wow you made an icon.. congrats i am impressed

and still ? really ? still trying to redefine the word premine ?

hey, News Flash.. you premine a coin ? it's fucking premined dumb asshat.. no amount of verbal gymnastics will change that.

i would trade 10 years of my life if i could to wish cancer on your coins spammers.. your greedy deceitful corrupt corrosive scum.
i'd support a Pedo ripping off Bitcoin from people on trades before i would even consider mining retarded garbage like this..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: