Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Bank of Crypto-Currency  (Read 2491 times)
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:51:03 AM

Creating a Central Bank of Crypto-currency may no longer sound ridiculous as we are now having a number of countries coming up with some sort of mass application of the technology, the latest is from India, which reportedly ban cryptos, but recent report states that they are considering having a Bank of crypto, Ruppies-backed, Central bank digital currencies CDDC.
Are these really positive news for the crypto-market?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/reserve-bank-of-india-confirms-it-is-looking-into-making-a-central-bank-digital-currency
I do not see the need to create a central bank cryptocurrency. If this is a bank for cryptocurrency exchange, then we have for this purpose exchangers and exchanges. States can create and will create their own centralized cryptocurrencies. It will practically be the same national money, only in digital form. They can play a certain positive role for decentralized cryptocurrency, because they attract general attention to them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:02:40 PM

Being decentralized is the key success for Cryptocurrency. A central banking could help the widening of cryptocurrency community around the globe. Because, to use cryptocurrency knowledge is a must. With banks people can be taught about it and the same can serve as a service center rather than a banking space.
No bank is needed for digital currency. Wallets like coinbase are already acting as a bank for the digital currency. Now they also have a vast range of altcoins listed at coinbase making people to store their coins at coinbase and not on exchanges. With all these developments there is no need for a tradional  bank for bitcoins.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

How about Central Bank of DNA or Central Bank of Solar energy?  Doesn't make sense right?
DNA is as decentralized as cryptocurrrency...every cell in our body has its own copy. Centralizing it makes makes no sense.
Centralizing solar energy makes no sense either except they'd build some kind of Artificial Global clouds that they can turn opaque or transparent whenever they want.
Better they call it digital fiat currency instead of Central Bank cryptocurrrency  
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:58:30 AM

Cryptocurrency nowadays are not only designed to be decentralised, as the central government mixed in the space slowly they will adopt the system to control its people. In coming years well be seeing a lot of public and private assets being tokenized from real estate, banks and oils will become common in our society.
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:31:47 AM

Cryptocurrency nowadays are not only designed to be decentralised, as the central government mixed in the space slowly they will adopt the system to control its people. In coming years well be seeing a lot of public and private assets being tokenized from real estate, banks and oils will become common in our society.

You are probably right. If we look through history of money transaction and on this i mean everything from barter to buying. We started with cows and sheeps as payment, then we create cooper and silver coins, then we had paper money, plastic money (cards) and we have bitcoin now with variety of other cryptos. So if someday bitcoin becomes globally used currency on this I mean that you/me or she comes to regular store and buy something like candy for kids and pays with bitcoin then I can say that we can discuss about central bank for crypto asset.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 11:38:33 AM

To talk about the need for a central bank cryptocurrency, you need to understand why it is necessary? What is a bank? Why do they give up? A bank is a credit and financial organization that offers the safety of your funds, gives you loans, conducts financial transactions for you and much more. But now let us remember about the most important advantage of cryptocurrency - transparency, independence and decentralization. Why create a cryptocurrency bank and thereby create an intermediary who will have to pay commissions and interest ?!
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:38:47 AM

You are probably right. If we look through history of money transaction and on this i mean everything from barter to buying. We started with cows and sheeps as payment, then we create cooper and silver coins, then we had paper money, plastic money (cards) and we have bitcoin now with variety of other cryptos. So if someday bitcoin becomes globally used currency on this I mean that you/me or she comes to regular store and buy something like candy for kids and pays with bitcoin then I can say that we can discuss about central bank for crypto asset.
There's a chance that it will happen but it will definitely take a lot of time.
I hope that time we are still alive so we will enjoy what will happen in the future, we will be very proud then that we are one of the early investors
who supported the technology that will be massively adopted in the future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

There's a chance that it will happen but it will definitely take a lot of time.
I hope that time we are still alive so we will enjoy what will happen in the future, we will be very proud then that we are one of the early investors
who supported the technology that will be massively adopted in the future.
now we are fighters for the development of bitcoin in the future. as it develops, it is possible that this can happen. but time is the answer, because the process that must be passed is not as fast as lightning
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:09:17 PM

Creating a Central Bank of Crypto-currency may no longer sound ridiculous as we are now having a number of countries coming up with some sort of mass application of the technology, the latest is from India, which reportedly ban cryptos, but recent report states that they are considering having a Bank of crypto, Ruppies-backed, Central bank digital currencies CDDC.
Are these really positive news for the crypto-market?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/reserve-bank-of-india-confirms-it-is-looking-into-making-a-central-bank-digital-currency
What you just said is not an enough reason for anyone to be talking about central bank of cryptocurrency. And by the way, what the heck is central bank of cryptocurrency? Why do we even need bank for cryptocurrency, wallets can already do the jobs. Cryptocurrency wasn’t meant to be kept in the bank, its for you to keep it by yourself. Cryptocurrency puts people in charge of their money, you save it yourself and you use it anyway you like..

I think banks and crypto are totally different and there is no way to merge them. One thing is for sure, if banks tries to merge crypto, eventually it will be the end of banks and fiat itself. So i don't see any such possibility in the near future.

pedangrusak

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:38:54 PM

many banks have adopted the blockchain because they know the advantages that the blockchain has for banks. they will then use crypto for their business hand in hand with fiat or replace it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: