Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency  (Read 27218 times)
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:42:42 PM

this will not happen in the near future. not in normal cases. technology doesn't necessarily change everything in the blink of an eye. we all have to be wise in dealing with changes in the world. but we also cannot close our eyes that time goes on, changes always occur. I believe that the crypto world can bring positive change. both in terms of material and technology. and crypto isn't always about money.
Yeah, this is not just about money but its more on developing new technologies. I believe fiat money will still remain to easily determine the value of cryptocurrency and of course to make people more liquid. We should not eliminate fiat money, we still need it and it will never be replace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter789

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:28:06 PM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

Yes definitely we should not do that. probably cryptocurrency is very popular and even though cryptos are good way to earn additional profits but we can't deny that after all our works in virtual world we couldn't eliminate fiat. Since fiat money is very important as what you said before like in rural area can possibly aware on that modernization. I think maybe after all of people's hardworking and marvelous intelligence they can't vanish fiat after all.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:38:35 PM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
No fiat shouldn't be eliminated and won't be eliminated. Like do you really expect governments to keep their hands tied if fiat falls? Crypto is just meant to fulfill purposes that fiat couldn't and will work as each other's sidekick. Or something like that. How will you buy crypto if there's no fiat? Roll Eyes haters will say that, it can be mined. What if its pre-mined?  Roll Eyes

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

this will not happen in the near future. not in normal cases. technology doesn't necessarily change everything in the blink of an eye. we all have to be wise in dealing with changes in the world. but we also cannot close our eyes that time goes on, changes always occur. I believe that the crypto world can bring positive change. both in terms of material and technology. and crypto isn't always about money.
Yeah the development of bitcoin will continue to advance but that doesn't mean it will change everything, fiat will continue to exist because the government will always manage their local currency, and bitcoin or crypto only become part of a currency option for fiat is nothing more than that..
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 12:31:28 AM

It would be hard to eliminate fiat if not all people can use it that's why I think it is less likely that eliminating fiat would happen due to lack of resources when it comes to using cryptocurrencies. If a place doesn't have any internet connection then it would be hard for the people in there because they can't even use it and the only way for them to have trading is to use fiat so I think cryptocurrency would just be ideal for places that ha full internet connection and the merchants would consider adopting it.

Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:02:49 AM

Yes I agree with it. Up until now not all people now about how to use computers. In our country there are alot indigenous peoples who don't have enough knowledge regarding computers.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

true, some are to eager to eliminate fiats, stating their sentiments about the monopoly of fiats and everything, the fact that fiats are here way back many centuries, we have over used fiats and has brought us ease of using it. even today, some rural areas or countries did not used any fiats on their own, still using stones and metal as medium of trading, even fiats did not expanded in almost all parts of the world, why so excited about using crypto, not all big and small enterprise are internet based, not all people in every corner of the world has an internet access. in your country alone, not all has access on the internet and cellphones with data. therefore we cannot totally eliminate fiats.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

Even though everyone wants fiat to be eliminated, not every people can still invest on cryptocurrency and that is the reason why it should not be used by everyone on different countries.

Why do people think about such a possibility? Why should the cryptocurrency let the traditional money vanish? No, the crypto will never do it. Fiat will be used together with alts and BTC.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:52:06 PM

I guess people will not replace fiat over blockchain technology. Eventhough the cryptocurrency is now a big hit, there are still things to consider. Fiat is part of one's culture and it embodies its value of the country. This is also differentiate each country. This is the symbol of each country that should never neglect. People are just having an advance thinking about it, but it will never happens in the near future. So no worries for now.
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:05:07 PM

I so agree with you. Aside from your reasons, their are still people in every community that are not used in using cryptos most especially the oldies who are not interested or should i say still ignorant in using technologies and lack of knowledge about the digital world because they are already contented of the kind of life that they used to have.
alex.ac.ab

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:36:13 PM

We need cash and we will use it.
Finestream

Activity: 2982
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

I guess people will not replace fiat over blockchain technology. Eventhough the cryptocurrency is now a big hit, there are still things to consider. Fiat is part of one's culture and it embodies its value of the country. This is also differentiate each country. This is the symbol of each country that should never neglect. People are just having an advance thinking about it, but it will never happens in the near future. So no worries for now.
I agree.I know blockchain technology has really a bright future ahead so i have high hopes that it will continue to grow and be popular in almost all countries in the world.But still i believe the use of fiat currency will still be in demand especially with those people in rural areas and for some senior citizens who are not willing to adopt changes anymore.

Wenmanong

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:58:51 PM

As far as I know fiat currency will not disappear, let's us say that cryptocurrency is a big boom but that is not mean it will replace fiat
wxa7115

Activity: 2674
Merit: 703

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:29:55 PM

You are confusing fiat with physical money, we need a form of physical money because as you say not everyone is going to have access to computers or the Internet, that is correct but for that we do not need fiat, what we need is a form of currency that has been around for thousands of years and that the government cannot inflate the way they do with fiat, and fortunately for us we have a currency like that and it's called gold and silver.

So the elimination of fiat is probably not going to happen because governments are going to keep trying to get people to accept that form of money, but in theory we could use a combination of cryptocurrencies and precious metals and the economy will run fine.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
HSRP

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:34:11 PM

Please rest assured that. At this point cash is important and even later. It is still practical for human life, especially to boost the economy. Continuing economic flow in the long run.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:53:34 PM

Eliminating fiat money is not possible because not all are in crypto and there are still dont know what crypto is. Another is those who are i  place where elecritcity is not possible and doesn't have internet. Of course at some case we will be using fiat money in some situation  that crypto is not available. We can use both.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:57:09 PM

Please rest assured that. At this point cash is important and even later. It is still practical for human life, especially to boost the economy. Continuing economic flow in the long run.
Cryptocurrency may go a long way but surely fiat currency will still remain since there will still be more demands from people who still prefer to use paper money than make a change and use a  newly digital currency.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Aleth

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:44:49 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2018, 01:05:21 AM by Aleth

Yes, it will take several  time or years before fiat to be elliminated  considering other people who don't know yet about crypto because they don't have access of it no internets and no gadgets. Don't worry my friend.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:49:50 AM

No one who's able to eliminate fiat currencies including the government as the # 1 country organizer. Because, there are so many people who have not been touched by internet media especially in underdeveloped countries. But, despite the world community have 100% use internet media. Fiat currencies, can't be eliminated/replaced by other currencies. Because, fiat currency's one of the nation's pride products which at the same time can be used as a medium of promotion both about cultural heritage as well as hero figures in its publishing country.

RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:22:10 AM

I agree with you. As what I observe it is not necessary for the government to remove fiat since we have a new currency which is digital currency but if we put it into reality then this is quite impossible to happen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: