Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango exchange (formerly Britcoin)  (Read 75292 times)
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:36:57 PM

Europeans wishing to deposit on this site may use the external service TransferWise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:40:12 PM

As a Brit and fan of BitCoint id like to support your project. Just looking trough your code (quality).

One thought is when processing orders, shouldn't you use transactions so the script will roll back if any errors.
MySql can "go away" for example mid flow and cause issues.

Hey,

I missed your post, but if you scroll down to process() you'll see I lock the database first.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:49:09 PM

I've been inundated with impatient people while I was upgrading the site. Sorry payments took a bit longer than usual - if you check our site we say 3-5 working days and this time it took 3 days rather than 1.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:00:13 PM

not many people selling BTC at the moment.... come on people, I wanna buy some  Cheesy

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 04:42:41 PM

not many people selling BTC at the moment.... come on people, I wanna buy some  Cheesy
Offer a better price.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
alexdrans

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 07:17:00 PM

Just sold my first 2 coins on here for a low price of £3.50/coin. I just wanted to get my first sale Cheesy
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:54:56 PM

not many people selling BTC at the moment.... come on people, I wanna buy some  Cheesy
Offer a better price.

eh, that was just a brief period when only one person was selling and that was at £10 / 1 btc...

And I'm not interested in waiting around on the orderbook, I just wanted to own some ASAP =)

But never mind, it's all go now.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:12:19 AM

not many people selling BTC at the moment.... come on people, I wanna buy some  Cheesy
Offer a better price.

eh, that was just a brief period when only one person was selling and that was at £10 / 1 btc...

And I'm not interested in waiting around on the orderbook, I just wanted to own some ASAP =)

Want to buy some bitcoins? Tempt me! Put a decent bid on britcoin and I or someone else might just decide to fill it. At least it is a bit more constructive than complaining that there are no asks.

i am sooo freaking <s>bad</s> glad you're still posting, vladimir. (  Smiley )

you had me worried a couple of days ago, when you said a post might be your last.  we need you russians - especially the best of you:  so practical and strategic...

american tinkers and russian chess-players.  we could ("dare i say it" [see: beatles; 'help'; movie]) rule the world...
alexdrans

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:13:54 AM

Offer a better price.

Want to buy some bitcoins? Tempt me! Put a decent bid on britcoin and I or someone else might just decide to fill it. At least it is a bit more constructive than complaining that there are no asks.

you had me worried a couple of days ago, when you said a post might be your last.  we need you russians - especially the best of you:  so practical and strategic...

american tinkers and russian chess-players.  we could ("dare i say it" [see: beatles; 'help'; movie]) rule the world...

I think he's English...
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Offer a better price.

I think he's English...

he's in england.

a whole different thing.
alexdrans

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:40:26 AM

Offer a better price.

I think he's English...

he's in england.

a whole different thing.

It was more the perfect grasp of English than the location that lead me to think he was English. I'm sure that he's been in the UK for a long time, so I'd consider him English Wink
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:34:27 PM

"I wanna be a bitcoin billionaire sooo freaking bad" < haha, hilarious Grin

Kak dela?
drcoin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 10:26:11 AM

I've been using Britcoin for a few weeks now and it's generally been pretty good, however I've just tried to log in and my account is empty.

I use my Google ID to log in. The first time I logged in this morning (about 30 mins ago) I got the welcome new user message and I'm taken to an account that's empty with no record of any transactions. If I log out and back in I get the welcome back message and I'm taken to the same empty account. I'm pretty sure that the User ID and the id= string in the Google OpenID that are listed on the profile page are different to what they've been before today, even though I'm logging in with the same Google account.

Am I being incorrectly logged into a new account or has my account be wiped? I had funds in there  Undecided

UPDATE: I've cleared my cookies, relogged in to Google and relogged into Britcoin and I'm seeing my correct account again. The User ID is back to what it was before. For some reason I was being recognised as a different user, even though the Google account I was using was definitely the same one... Any ideas why??
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:20:30 AM

Yeah google changes the OpenID string depending on which method you use to login (say youtube vs gmail) eventhough they're linked. That's why I recommend MyOpenID.
drgr33n

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 12:33:09 PM

lol did anyone see the small fry pull their coins out of the orderbook this moring as the price has started to rise again Cheesy AAAHHHH it wasn't a bubble cancel cancel cancel Cheesy
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 04:15:26 PM

I tried to withdraw 22 GBP 5 days ago but still haven't received it.  Does it normally take this long to withdraw GBP?

I've sent a few e-mails to the address given on the help page but have yet to receive a reply.  Has something bad happened or am I just being too impatient?
drgr33n

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 04:19:57 PM

I tried to withdraw 22 GBP 5 days ago but still haven't received it.  Does it normally take this long to withdraw GBP?

I've sent a few e-mails to the address given on the help page but have yet to receive a reply.  Has something bad happened or am I just being too impatient?

It depends on your bank really to tell you the truth. I'm with RBS and it takes around 3 / 5 days to clear. Your probably being impatient lol
teukon
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 05:18:18 PM

It depends on your bank really to tell you the truth. I'm with RBS and it takes around 3 / 5 days to clear. Your probably being impatient lol

Ok, I'll give it a few more days then.

Also, I received a reply for one of my e-mails shortly after posting here so nothing to worry about.

Any idea why the Britcoin rate is so far below the rate at mtgox at the moment?  Is this just a volume issue?
genjix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 07:40:04 PM

Don't forget that banks don't process payments at weekends Cheesy
teukon
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 08:56:46 PM

Don't forget that banks don't process payments at weekends Cheesy

I'm painfully aware of this.  I decided to give them 3 working days too but they've not managed complete the transaction yet, *sigh*.  Can you imagine if the banks operated 24-7 and it was Bitcoin which closed down for evenings, weekends, and bank holidays?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: