Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did crypto affect your studies?  (Read 371 times)
RustyBits

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:08:24 AM

I didn't even have my first computer (running Windows 3.1) until after I had graduated from college. Then a few months later a friend's father generously gave me an unused 2400 baud modem that he was no longer using. Definitely opened Pandora's Box there!  Grin 

Reading about people working with cryptos while taking college classes makes me feel like an old man.  [Thanks] LOL!

Visit GetPaid! for ways to earn money online - You won't Get Rich Quick... but you will GetPaid!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:29:16 AM

I didn't have the privilege to enjoy time management because I was too much focused to gain more than I could bearly earn. I spent most of my time with bounties and I was nearly affected by my studies. 
I Phone 100

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:42:40 AM

Yes, It does. Crypto give me a lot of new things. I have learnt how to trade, what is blockchain, cryptocurrency. How to secure myself on the internet.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:30:17 PM

Everyone has his or her own memory capacity and pace of learning. If you are the type who is a slow learner and so needs to give much attention to your books before you absorb whatever you need to learn, then you need to focus much of your time and attention on your studies and spend less time  doing crypto.
Elijah Jackson

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:10:33 PM

My studying is connected with marketing and management so crypto even helps me with it. I have plenty of examples, I can understand some new material through crypto and my study has got much better since I've started. You gotta take profit from everything you do and connect the dots - this is the education.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

This is an old thread but I still have some few new insights on the reasons why he failed. Not all kinds of crypto trading or trading in general can caused that guys grades he might be scalping or doing day trading that is why his time is split on trading as well as his studies. With day trading or scalping seconds and minutes are essential you cannot really do other things without you not focusing on it. There are other trading methods that is well suited for students like me. I mostly do position or swing trading which is much less time consuming compared to what he is doing. I really don't have to watch the prices all day as my style doesn't need me to do so.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:54:50 PM

Combining cryptocurrency and education is not quite so much easy considering the fact that they both are mentally tasking and have to the with the brain as well as time consuming...

If you focus more attention on one, you're definitely bound to suffer in the other one, balancing both of them should remedy the situation
But it isn't so easy to do, making money makes one happy and the thought of it alone has made numerous people fail courses in school due to high concentration on their bounty task and trading requirements

But if one doesn't try to cheat the system and participates in bounties with just one account,and trades with the much he/she can handle, then it's possible to combine them both effectively
mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:30:50 AM

I read a thread where a guy was narrating how he failed 3/5 courses the semester he first started crypto trading. I know the crypto community is made up of a very youthful population so most of us here are schooling.
I also started crypto when I was a student and surprisingly i had my best results that semester. This is because that was when I learnt time management.
 Crypto is very demanding, so do studies, and if you fail to blend the two, it is very likely one would affect the other.
In my case, I structured a personal timetable and allocated proportional time for my bounty and trading activities. I ensured discipline in the timetable and this made me successful in both my crypto and studies. I didn't allow the money in crypto divert my attention from my studies.
There is time for everything. After completion, you can use the whole day for crypto if you want. You can also do same and it might help you.
I agree, it is all about time management, If you can't handle your time well you will failed on your studies. I'm studying and doing crypto bounties and trading but doesn't affect my studies. When I need to study for an exam I stop doing crypto trading for a while to focus on my subjects. Then if there is no tasks or exams on school, I can go full time on trading. Its just a matter of time management guys, focus on your priorities.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
T-reigns

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

I'll advise everyone to adopt good time management techniques, it an essential skill to survive in life not just in Crypto. I think what most students with such excuse lack is time management skills.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:18:12 PM

If crypto is to affect your studies, then it should be in the positive direction. It should rather broadens your scope of knowledge and increase your knowledge in the blockchain technology and not in the negative way.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: