Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I teach myself Python  (Read 1008 times)
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:48:01 PM

I think it's a cool language, but you should choose good course/ book, I finished Michigan University course (2 or 3 parts) and it wasn't good, it didn't even cover objective programming.
But don't get too fixated at learning, start some projects when you learn a bit, I started 3 different courses and forgot what why I was learning this language for  Grin

As for PHP, many people make fun of it. And in some cases it's understandable but in others not. As someone who used PHP and a little Python I can say that PHP looks better suited for web applications as you get a lot of different modules/ libraries/ functions included in core package (or you can enable it by deleting one comment in php.ini) whereas in Python you have to use 3rd party libraries and learn how to use every library a lot, because there is no uniformity between them.
Python is great language as per simplicity is concerned. Considering the amount of code one needs to write for the same work in java or c# ,python can help you to reduce code and manage it efficiently.
Yeah, in python you can write something that would require multiple lines in most other languages in just one line, but this is kind of hackerish and I wouldn't like to maintain code written in such way, but it's surely cool  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:44:07 PM

I think it's a cool language, but you should choose good course/ book, I finished Michigan University course (2 or 3 parts) and it wasn't good, it didn't even cover objective programming.
But don't get too fixated at learning, start some projects when you learn a bit, I started 3 different courses and forgot what why I was learning this language for  Grin

As for PHP, many people make fun of it. And in some cases it's understandable but in others not. As someone who used PHP and a little Python I can say that PHP looks better suited for web applications as you get a lot of different modules/ libraries/ functions included in core package (or you can enable it by deleting one comment in php.ini) whereas in Python you have to use 3rd party libraries and learn how to use every library a lot, because there is no uniformity between them.
Python is great language as per simplicity is concerned. Considering the amount of code one needs to write for the same work in java or c# ,python can help you to reduce code and manage it efficiently.
Yeah, in python you can write something that would require multiple lines in most other languages in just one line, but this is kind of hackerish and I wouldn't like to maintain code written in such way, but it's surely cool  Cool
Are you sure you can use PHP as a scripting langage? I think it's only for Web pages? No?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:16:43 PM

As for PHP, many people make fun of it. And in some cases it's understandable but in others not.

I've written a lot of PHP. It's not terrible, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it for new programmers. PHP was originally designed as basically a Web framework on top of C, and it still feels like it. When I'm writing PHP, I feel like I'm writing C + thousands of extra functions and macros. The procedural style is satisfying to some extent, but it gets messy quickly, and the further you get from C (eg. classes), the more clunky it feels. Also, PHP has a bunch of weird default behavior which is supposed to make things easier for newbies, but it's just a big headache. For example, it always takes you a long time to figure out how to get error handling working sanely for your application.

PHP and JavaScript are both total messes as languages, though they have very different styles.

If I wanted to make a new Web app, I might use JavaScript just because it's so immensely popular for that work, even though it's flawed, or I might use a Web framework for a newer language like perhaps Python. I wouldn't make a new app in PHP.

Are you sure you can use PHP as a scripting langage?

You can, but there are some major inconveniences with it, so it's not all that common.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:19:27 PM

Are you sure you can use PHP as a scripting langage? I think it's only for Web pages? No?

You can but it's not as convenient as Python. Hell, you can even write windowed apps with it if you really, really want.
If I remember correctly Mark Karpelès wrote bitcoin client in PHP just to show that it's possible to do it Cool
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

PackT publishing includes 6 Python programming eBooks in theit permanently free list. These include "Learning Python", "Mastering Python", and a Raspbery Pi cookbook.

Click here to view the free book list. and today's offer
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:17:31 PM

Many experienced programmers would definitely recommend python especially for Newbies to start their coding career. Python is an object oriented programming language and even more interesting, is the simplicity of its syntax which resembles English language better than jargons of others like C+ and the rest.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

Quote from: PackT
Python Microservices Development

A practical approach to conquering the complexities of Microservices using the Python tooling ecosystem

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

Scroll down the page a bit, and they are offering another 6 Python eBooks for no charge. Get there quickly though - the microservices book is only available for another 14 hours.
khatarnak

Activity: 125
Merit: 3

Karma is like 69 : You get what you give

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:01:20 AM

After trying many books and videos i found this book from zed shaw .
*Book - Learn Python the Hard Way : Zed shaw
In my opinion its the best tutorial for learning python.

This could be helpful for starting from nothing.
*video tutorial - Learn Python in 12.5 hours : udemy
Its new and teaches realy fast but covers everything from basic.

If you cant pay i'm sure you can find them for free in torrent.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 08:29:56 AM

Please respect the copyright of book authors, and don't make illegal copies.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

I've been interested in Haskell for a bit as well. That or golang.

I really enjoy golang;

tour.golang.org

Making binaries is really easy with it.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

I've been interested in Haskell for a bit as well. That or golang.

I really enjoy golang;

tour.golang.org

Making binaries is really easy with it.

Yea, I remember that's why a buddy of mine got me into it. Never really had experience with compiled languages before I started working with GoLang. Needless to say I don't regret starting;
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 09:19:29 AM

Today's free Python book is - Bayesian Analysis with Python

I'm not sure my stats are up to taking advantage of this book, but you clever guys can grab it now while it's free, but be quick, it's only for today. Don't forget to download the code examples as well  that's a separate download.
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

Python is a good one to learn, prevails in uses too! These days seems json, python and c++ are the go to's. Make sure to learn on linux all the nitty gritty is linux based platforms.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: