Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaserig Reputation - Invacts  (Read 5093 times)
invactus (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:27:54 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 06:17:52 AM by invactus

Hi,

I have 4 rigs hashing at 13MH/s in total...please give it a try...

13x R9 280x
4x R9 290

Take note:
If provider is using LRP with share calculated speed (default), then speed will fluctuate.

Updates:

- Improved CGminer stats. The stats should be stable now.

thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dwrjones87

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:58:49 AM

Hired InvactusRig2 for 24 hours. Quite happy with the way it performed Smiley
invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:37:50 PM

Hired InvactusRig2 for 24 hours. Quite happy with the way it performed Smiley
thanks!! come again
tseug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:09:38 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:46:34 PM by tseug

Not good...

I just leased InvactusRig2 (Scrypt 12.25 MH/s) for an hour and I think it averaged only about 9.5. leaserig says 9.74, rough number based on pool stats put it closer to a flat 9. So let's say 9.5 to be kind. That's almost 3 MH/s (ie, 25%) short of the declared hashrate.

It also started preconfigured for the owners pools (one was hashcows) so a minute or two was lost removing those and adding mine, during which time I'm basically paying him to mine for himself.

I was watching pool stats and leaserig stats closely and there was quite a lot of variation. Going by pool stats it started at around 10, slowly got to about 11.5-12 and stayed there till about half way through. At the mid point it shot up to around 14-15 for just under 5 minutes then to 10 for a while, down to 8 and finally closing at around 6 before the contract finished. I think maybe the owner was adding/removing rigs from the proxy throughout the contract because the changes were sudden. The leaserig stats are much lower resolution but still there was a lot of variation, and still the average was lower than declared.

Overall, not pleased. I don't mind variation, especially since normally it would level out over a longer contract but being shorted 25% is just crap.

I regret the lease, wish I could get a refund and definitely I wouldn't recommend this guy's service to anyone.

30% refund received (covers the missing MH/s), will give another go sometime.

As for the pool mixup, maybe I forgot to add a pool before leasing or leasrig was slow to switch (seen that a few times now)

COMM: CWjCf3Pb6vAgpRxbP2CKQQFLBXYuS7axpG
SHA: STpwADnhpYk7ZAMRmJvFDJaXSSby3LpGiu
invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:08:39 AM

Not good...

I just leased InvactusRig2 (Scrypt 12.25 MH/s) for an hour and I think it averaged only about 9.5. leaserig says 9.74, rough number based on pool stats put it closer to a flat 9. So let's say 9.5 to be kind. That's almost 3 MH/s (ie, 25%) short of the declared hashrate.

It also started preconfigured for the owners pools (one was hashcows) so a minute or two was lost removing those and adding mine, during which time I'm basically paying him to mine for himself.

I was watching pool stats and leaserig stats closely and there was quite a lot of variation. Going by pool stats it started at around 10, slowly got to about 11.5-12 and stayed there till about half way through. At the mid point it shot up to around 14-15 for just under 5 minutes then to 10 for a while, down to 8 and finally closing at around 6 before the contract finished. I think maybe the owner was adding/removing rigs from the proxy throughout the contract because the changes were sudden. The leaserig stats are much lower resolution but still there was a lot of variation, and still the average was lower than declared.

Overall, not pleased. I don't mind variation, especially since normally it would level out over a longer contract but being shorted 25% is just crap.

I regret the lease, wish I could get a refund and definitely I wouldn't recommend this guy's service to anyone.

hi tseug,

Im sorry...just so u know...one of the rig froze (just happened during your rental period). i did not switch or anything. it happened when i was asleep. It was beyond my control and i'm sorry for that. If you rented longer (ie 3-6hours), I would add some extra time for you. For your information, I did provide a link for live screenshot of CGremote for all my rigs. So i' can be transparent as I possibly can. 
I would be glad to refund 30% of you payment. PM me your account.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:21:44 AM

30% refund received (covers the missing MH/s), will give another go sometime.

As for the pool mixup, maybe I forgot to add a pool before leasing or leasrig was slow to switch (seen that a few times now)

Your are most welcome...sorry for the inconvenience caused...
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:31:42 PM

Rented for 3 hours, first 13 minutes was mining on his poo(noy sure if thats mine or his fault)l.

Hashing power has been dropping quite low already currently:

Current hashing speed: 5.48 MH/s out of 12.25MH/s?
invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:24:19 AM

Rented for 3 hours, first 13 minutes was mining on his poo(noy sure if thats mine or his fault)l.

Hashing power has been dropping quite low already currently:

Current hashing speed: 5.48 MH/s out of 12.25MH/s?

I'm seeking djezo's help on this. From my understanding, if I'm using LRP, there should be a fluctuation on the speed due to rejects or bad pool. From my side, all the speeds are normal. That is why i put live screenshot in my dropbox and i even provide the link in the description.

You can see for yourself, even current speed is averaging at 12.27-12.28MH/s. I'm not hiding anything here...

My timezone is UTC +8.00. Refer to latest screenshot.
LIVE SCREENSHOT: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jxbcnj73b1j0d6f/Ya0yELHzcB#/
tseug

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:45:05 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 06:51:37 AM by tseug

For what it's worth, in defence/support of Invactus, I had problems with another leased rig that was using LRP and I THINK (not 100% confirmed, but most likely explanation) it might have something to do with some pools being "incompatible" with LRP. I also now think that maybe this is the problem I had during my lease of this rig, hence the huge variation in leaserig stats that I mentioned in my first post.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497338.msg5694857#msg5694857 (Jump to "UPDATE" and read on)... short version, some pools disconnect workers when there's too many connections (which is more likely with high MH/s LRP rigs since there's more workers).

djezo and some rig owners blame the pools, leasers are most likely to blame it on the rig owners.. personally I think it's due to protection measures set to limit the number of conections (I've seen a few pools put that number at 15 per IP) to prevent/mitigate DDOSs rather that pool owners varying from stratum specification as djezo suggests. but I also think rigs owners using LRP should maybe have a warning/disclaimer about some pools not being compatible. Or better still, leaserig should have a sitewide notice for all rigs it knows to be using LRP.

Or even better still would be some system whereby you can check how a particular pool works with an LRP rig before you lease it (not sure how it could be done that's fair, reasonably accurate and unexploitable but I'm sure it could be done with some thought).

Really we could do with a dedicated thread to discuss this publicly with djezo but I'm too tired for that now...

You probably didn't select a pool before clicking the hire button, I think I might have done that too but realised quicker

Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:43:19 AM

Whatever the issue is I havent had it with other leased LRP rigs and I never got a message or email about  the issue until I checked this thread. Other rig owners have been amazing with communication and understanding, unfortunately for this reason and the above reasons I will not lease this rig again.
tseug

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Whatever the issue is I havent had it with other leased LRP rigs and I never got a message or email about  the issue until I checked this thread. Other rig owners have been amazing with communication and understanding, unfortunately for this reason and the above reasons I will not lease this rig again.
What sort of MH/s? the higher the MH/s, the more likely the problem. Seems to take 5+ MH/s at the very least to trigger the problem. AS for just finding out about it now, I'd guess that's probably cause djezo (leaserig owner, and the least reputable person of all people on the site imo) would rather it's not widely known... more scammed profit for him (incidentally, why does a deposit incur a network transaction fee on the receiving end?)

djezo.... what a complete cent.

invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:55:30 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 04:09:38 AM by invactus

Whatever the issue is I havent had it with other leased LRP rigs and I never got a message or email about  the issue until I checked this thread. Other rig owners have been amazing with communication and understanding, unfortunately for this reason and the above reasons I will not lease this rig again.

If provider is using LRP with share calculated speed (default), then speed will fluctuate.

Djezo already highlighted this in his thread that the speed is base on accepted share which will fluctuate due to rejects. That's why i provided you my live screenshot for you to check if there is an issue with my rigs. The last time i check, it was hashing perfectly.
Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:14:39 PM

Leasing this rig....showing as live in the admin but worker is inactive on the pool....just over an hour left.

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
invactus (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:00:35 AM

Leasing this rig....showing as live in the admin but worker is inactive on the pool....just over an hour left.

Hi, sorry... I was out during that time and could not add extra time for you. My rig was disconnected from Leaserig, not sure why though. Please PM me your BTC address and I will refund your 1 hour. Thanks and sorry again.
invactus (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:37:49 AM

Great rig. I am currently leasing it for an hour so far mining perfect. Hopefully I get that 1 free hour :-)

Sorry, it seems the system only allow me to add 30% (18minutes) of your rental time. Lips sealed

But i will honor this deal. I will refund (42/60)*(0.0087/2) = 0.003btc if you want to. Cool

By the way, I didn't expect people to rent 1 hour for free 1 hour. lol *change the term due to this*
nuffsaid420

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:48:25 AM

Hello, I just rented the 13MH/s for 12 hours to test out. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the lease power!
invactus (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

Great rig. I am currently leasing it for an hour so far mining perfect. Hopefully I get that 1 free hour :-)

Sorry, it seems the system only allow me to add 30% (18minutes) of your rental time. Lips sealed

But i will honor this deal. I will refund (42/60)*(0.0087/2) = 0.003btc if you want to. Cool

By the way, I didn't expect people to rent 1 hour for free 1 hour. lol *change the term due to this*

A refund would be great! Glad to see an honest leaser and also good to see your term sort themselves, lol. All of this seemed to be for the better   Smiley

Thanks for the honesty and the lease.

Have a good one!

Great leaser guys! 10/10
Sorry for the late reply...you can pm me your address

Hello, I just rented the 13MH/s for 12 hours to test out. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the lease power!

Thanks!added 1hour for you...sorry for the early stats (<10MHs) actually it was 13.75MH/s. I just forgot to set one of the rigs API speed. Hope you are happy with my service.
trinaldi

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

Awesome rig.

Stable 100% of the time with 13.8MH/s. Definitely a great deal.

Thanks
usekevin

Activity: 2198
Merit: 554

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:45:23 PM

Awesome rig.
faster than indicated

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
invactus (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:12:40 AM

Awesome rig.

Stable 100% of the time with 13.8MH/s. Definitely a great deal.

Thanks

Thanks!!!Please come again!

Awesome rig.
faster than indicated

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure whether i added 1 hour for you or not. I added for others, but not sure i added yours. Let me know ok?

thanks for renting!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: