Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have Free Electricity and think about mining  (Read 7833 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 03:25:52 PM

"Even a voluntary contract to surrender the product of labor to an employer was theft, according to Proudhon, since the controller of natural resources had no moral right to charge others for the use of that which he did not labor to create and therefore did not own."

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 05:34:19 PM

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

If the landlord left his house unlocked, would you take advantage of that as well? Maybe help yourself to some valuables, maybe a bite to eat?

People like you make the world a worse place to live.

Lol, jeaolus much.

Screw the hyrdo companies is what I say...

Best of luck to the OP.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
bitbetter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 04:47:11 PM

I want free electricity too!

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
discordian666

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 05:44:17 AM

I say if the electric companies in some companies can charge exorbitant amounts for power when it costs them considerably less and make billions of profit every year, keep on jacking the prices up every 6 months just so they can squeeze more out of the consumer to fatten their own pockets (and counter claims saying the prices and increases are justified are certainly not true everywhere) then I say by all means go for it!

I can't wait for the time when I can move to a country where paying 0.06c PKWH or less/free makes mining with GPU's more profitable at the moment (though i'm still coming far ahead as thats what I pay offpeak rates for half the day, and the rest of the time the .16c rate tends to have less of an impact on my profit margin) I feel sorry for those that are forced to pay the usual rates for electricity here in australia and dont get discounts or anything (think 0.23c and higher, which is more considering the Aud$ is currently worth more the usd)

I bet those defending the power companies saying that person is "stealing" and comparing to helping oneself to the landlords valuables wouldn't be as quick to justify unreasonable bank fees if it hits them where it hurts, ie their wallets each time a bank debit transaction gets declined due to a screwup (over here thats typically $20-30 for something that is automatically fixed and costs the bank nothing, but gains them considerable profits at the expense of thousands of poor customers)

The last place I lived in was funded and maintained for by the government, electricity was provided free of charge as part of the rent (wish I had gotten into BTC mining back then) and though I ran several computers 24/7, nobody had a issue with my excess power usage.

tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 03:26:29 PM

If the landlord left his house unlocked, would you take advantage of that as well? Maybe help yourself to some valuables, maybe a bite to eat?

Lol, jeaolus much.

Screw the hyrdo companies is what I say...

Best of luck to the OP.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Grin

Fuck 'em.  Save your morals for church.  I'd like to hear more about rigs built with cost/profit in mind that doesn't include electric as much.  I live in a place with low electric charges, and have access to other means of power as well if need be.  I'd like to hear of any options that other people came up with that I might not have.
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 11:05:48 PM

In UK news 2 pensioners received a letter from electricity company that the pensioners owe them around $50 000. When questioned why ? how ? electricity company said the electricity meter at the house was faulty and showed less then the actual amount being used, and they estimated this went on for 25 years.
The couple has no choice but to pay up.
Miner612

Activity: 84

FPGA convert

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 10:26:45 PM

Are you joking?  Stop being jealous wussy because you don't have free power.

--

OP -- 5850s bro, cheap mobo, cpu, 1gb ram, 40gb hdd, get 5850s or 7970s.  5970s if you must but NOTHING else or you will regret it! Trust me!

always get gold rated PSU and a good 750w can power four 5850s just fine, or two 5970.  Don't push it, just get more rigs if you want more cards.  It's not a big deal.

A lot of people around here think they know what they are talking about.  Be careful who you listen to!

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
ARapalo

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 04:14:23 AM

Lol funny how OP's question turned in a debate on morality. Save the ethics debate for another time. This is the same thing as price mistakes and everyone jumping on it, but when it's fixed, then the people that tried to buy the item throws a hissy fit.
discordian666

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 04:23:35 AM

Are you joking?  Stop being jealous wussy because you don't have free power.

--

OP -- 5850s bro, cheap mobo, cpu, 1gb ram, 40gb hdd, get 5850s or 7970s.  5970s if you must but NOTHING else or you will regret it! Trust me!

always get gold rated PSU and a good 750w can power four 5850s just fine, or two 5970.  Don't push it, just get more rigs if you want more cards.  It's not a big deal.

A lot of people around here think they know what they are talking about.  Be careful who you listen to!

This guy speaks good sense. Load up on the 5850's and cheap mobo/cpu/ram (sempron low power ones are good) I'd replace the 40GB HD idea with usb thumbsticks running Bamt
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 04:24:50 AM

Yes on the BAMT.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: