Bitcoin Forum
February 26, 2021, 07:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 209780 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (633 posts by 23 users with 55 merit deleted.)
BSVfan

Activity: 142
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 01:07:33 AM

Hello to you! As a technology enthusiast I love to share knowledge and connect people's knowledge. I am a supporter of the useful Bitcoin 🐉 BSV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
hv_

Activity: 1848
Merit: 828

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 06:46:04 AM

Nothing to see here

https://news.bitcoin.com/12m-in-satoshi-era-bitcoins-move-21-block-rewards-from-2010-spent-after-a-decade-of-slumber/

only BSV not moved

21  21  21  21   21 ----

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 10:22:39 AM

Bitcoin's best feature is the utter boring - TCP/IP or smtp like -   stable global adopted protocol

Nice - just scales - that's on the way

Do_zzze

Activity: 288
Merit: 24

I 'm a supporter of BitcoinSV BSV #capacity #build

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 10:23:27 AM

Craig Wright comments on social media, software developers and Silicon Valley players

Dr. Craig S. Wright’s latest blog post addresses some of the events that we have seen unfold in the blockchain and digital currency space over the past few days.

In, “A Comment on Social Media, Software Developers, and Silicon Valley Corporations,” Dr. Wright takes a look at the digital currency ecosystem, its participants, and how they have played a part in the progression and alteration of the blockchain and digital currency industry over the years as well as what their involvement insinuates.

Dr. Wright begins by acknowledging that the overarching goals of the blockchain and digital currency space deserve recognition and praise.

“The sentiment expressed by the many in the blockchain space, to change the world and make a system that is open to everyone and to promote financial freedom, is laudable,” says Dr. Wright. He goes on to explain how the digital currency space has taken a turn over the years. From alterations being made to Bitcoin that were not in its blueprint, to corporations and enterprising getting involved and attaching their names to a space that was originally without corporate influence.

Dr. Wright writes, “When I started Bitcoin, no individual taking part in the project at the time maintained any liability for the software, as none of them had any influence on the decisions to implement code changes, which is different to how the project works now. Developers are now acting together for their own benefit, and thus must realise that they are subject to the risks and consequences associated with established legal systems.”

The above statement might also be alluding to the copyright and intellectual property claims that Dr. Wright has on the Bitcoin whitepaper. The whitepaper is officially hosted on Dr. Wright’s website and on BitcoinSV.com, but anyone can use the document anywhere they want as long as they are not using it to illegally pass off technology that does not follow the white paper as Bitcoin.

When using, or rather, misusing, something that you do not have ownership of, you cannot be surprised when legal action is taken against you—something we have seen take place over the last few days. This legal action will likely benefit the broader blockchain and digital currency ecosystem; Dr. Wright even says that he lit this fire in the industry because he:

needed to get people to start to respond and to question the status quo. To do so, I needed to shake them out of their malaise. I needed them to start reacting.

When news began circulating regarding Bitcoin whitepaper copyright and intellectual property infringement—it forced people to actually read the Bitcoin whitepaper. At that point, many people realized that something they have been calling “digital gold” is actually called, and supposed to be, “peer-to-peer electronic cash.” That being said, what Bitcoin began as is much different than what BTC and BCH turned it into.

Lastly, Dr. Wright touches on the corporations that entered, and somehow, began to spearhead development on the BTC blockchain.

Companies such as Square fund developers as they undertake such projects, increasing the rewards for the developers that own and control the projects. In turn, such Silicon Valley players gain access to the benefits of the projects without assuming the risks of controlling and owning the projects. It is my view that when such projects suffer negative legal judgments, the Silicon Valley companies will have to take up the job of controlling and owning the projects, exposing themselves to the same sort of liability that they have been content to leave with the developers.

Although I found this passage a bit cryptic, we may have clarity on this in the future; Dr. Wright’s legal team has sent Square a notice of copyright enforcement action.

“Certain corporations take advantage of the passion and integrity offered to them through developers who want to do something significant to change the world. They twist it to promote their ends, and minimise the amount of risk that they would face,” says Dr. Wright.

To find out what Dr. Craig S. Wright thinks of the events that have unfolded over the last few days regarding the Bitcoin whitepaper, the corporations and bands of individuals that have high jacked the Bitcoin protocol, as well as why he “kicked the hornet’s nest” in regard to the Bitcoin whitepaper and social media’s reaction, you can learn more in Dr. Craig S. Wright’s latest blog post, “ A Comment on Social Media, Software Developers, and Silicon Valley Corporations.”

Source: https://coingeek.com/craig-wright-comments-on-social-media-software-developers-and-silicon-valley-players/ Thanks to Patrick Thompson

BTC is not same of original source code set in stone only by Satoshi Nakamoto check here https://github.com/bitcoin and compare with https://github.com/bitcoin-sv You will see the facts, what became technically BTC modified because implemented by Core and named Bitcoin is very far from the original. You will notice that the BSV code is in conformity with Satoshi Nakamoto's masterpiece thanks to nChain which cleaned the code of the successive incrementations (SegWit and others) that Core had imposed by voice of community BIP against what Satoshi has created. I'm convinced that BitcoinSV (BSV) original XBT is the best technological opportunity of capacity for use and stable build on original Bitcoin protocol.
kna

Activity: 195
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 10:37:06 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2021, 10:48:35 AM by kna

Open your Mind: Here is a parable written by a brilliant man about how some things are, which I strongly suggest you explore.

🟢A bifurcation of rules creates a diverging game protocol. North America play 'Football", created in 1869 as a game with an egg shaped ball, passed forward by throwing with hands. The original protocol for football was documented in 206BC in China under the Han Dynasty.

A new set of rules was created for competition football, in Greece in 228 which involved hands and violence. Association football, known as "Football" in the UK but "Soccer" in North America (to avoid confusion with their football protocol) was recorded in 1842, using feet only.

Soccer is played with a round ball and only the goalkeeper can use their hands inside their own box. Rugby began at my former school of Rugby, Warwickshire, UK, in 1823 by William Web Ellis, during a game of football where he picked up the ball and ran with it.

This is an egg shaped ball that can only be thrown backwards. North America adopted these rules of Rugby, adding protective helmets and body armour which are not allowed in Rugby. Australia did the something similar. In the UK, we call North American football "American Football".

We call Australian football "Aussie Rules Fooball" and both America, Canada and Australia call British Footbal "Soccer". UK plays both Football (Soccer) and Rugby, as do New Zealand, South Africa, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland and Oceana.

These sports are mutually exclusive and they have their own set protocols. They are not played in the same countries, in the same stadiums with the same fanbase. It's the same with BTC, BCH & BSV. All 3 have history going back to the Genesis block in January 2009.

BTC created a new game and new protocol in 2017 by adding changes to the protocol, thus changing the game. BCH changed the protocol too in 2018 creating a new protocol and non compatible ruleset. Cross chain Bitcoin transactions remain shared & mutually supported up until a fork.

Exchanges are like supporters. They call the sport they like playing the name of the team they support. These teams are reference node implementations chosen by the ticker (team) that was playing before. Bitcoin Core changed the Bitcoin protocol but retained the trading ticker.

Supporters of the original Bitcoin protocol have been reassigned tickers but have been reassigned names by exchanges to differentiate the naming convention of their hosting teams game. BSV is Bitcoin with the original progeny. It's Bitcoin in every sense of the founding protocol.

Now imagine the uproar if I went to America, bought out all of the football stadiums and told all of the players they can only play soccer rules, only with feet, only with a round ball. The fans turn up expecting touchdowns but they get headers, volleys, chips and hooks instead.

BSVers don't care about the ticker. The original Bitcoin ticker was XBT anyway. What we care about is our original game's protocol retaining its progeny and not having people who "ran with the ball' changing the rules of the game after they thought Satoshi had left.

Satoshi didn't leave. He focussed on creating a Football Association and international teams of players for a World Cup Competition, where everyone can compete. A global, international sport.

Core stole Satoshi's ball.
Craig Wright wants his ball back!

May the best team win.

Source https://twitter.com/murphsicles/status/1353721938594713601 Roy Murphy @murphsicles

Now you understand why original protocol have bifurcated (Forked) to XBT > BTC > BCH > BSV. And why now BitcoinSV is only the real Bitcoin compliant with Satoshi Nakamoto (aka authentic CSW) work 👆

🟢 Come & learn how to develop on BitCoin so you can understand in depth what it's all about. For example, what are the differences of being able to work on a stable, secure and unlimited protocol with free training. This way your knowledge and potential can be truly enhanced. https://bitcoinassociation.net/bitcoin-association-to-partner-with-saxion-university-on-bitcoin-sv-massive-open-online-courses/
Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 11:08:45 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2021, 11:22:57 AM by Do_zzze

Bumping this shit-of-a-thread, must be worth something.

Yo hv_, can you please ask Craigy or Calvin - with null due respect - to donate to Wikileaks any BTC they find appropriate, on my behalf for bumping this thread?
The more they donate, the more I bump. If they donate two figures, I'll publish an SV meme calendar. Roll Eyes

And proof of payment please, not yada yada fake casual bullshit.

Hey Princess! You're getting into extortion and blackmail now? Please (again) stop your attempts at intimidation, blackmail and other threats. It is useless. Someone has to tell you (again). You (again) look like a clown 🤡 like a buffoon. This attitude has no place here. Get your head out of your ass!

The only thing you will get here is information a.k.a. "the knowledge". Knowledge has no weight, you can take it with you everywhere, you can understand it, learn it, develop it and share it at any time. Knowledge is a weapon that is capable of bringing peace but also of starting wars, that's why knowledge must be treated with wisdom, respect and humanity.  

By these facts, acquiring information, developing one's own knowledge, can lead anyone to rise up on almost any level that will be studied.

Thus, by following the daily missives of this thread (identified at the source) of the BitCoin community members gives the opportunity to understand, learn, evolve and share. Welcome onboard!

BTC is not same of original source code set in stone only by Satoshi Nakamoto check here https://github.com/bitcoin and compare with https://github.com/bitcoin-sv You will see the facts, what became technically BTC modified because implemented by Core and named Bitcoin is very far from the original. You will notice that the BSV code is in conformity with Satoshi Nakamoto's masterpiece thanks to nChain which cleaned the code of the successive incrementations (SegWit and others) that Core had imposed by voice of community BIP against what Satoshi has created. I'm convinced that BitcoinSV (BSV) original XBT is the best technological opportunity of capacity for use and stable build on original Bitcoin protocol.
BSVfan

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 01:13:59 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2021, 01:29:05 PM by BSVfan

BSV apps: Major Platform Update for TonicPow

We are proud to announce the launch of a completely rebuilt TonicPow platform full of rich new features, gamified challenges, & lots of new ways to promote your business or earn as a promoter!

Full Announcement: https://tpow.app/b2581fe3

Hello to you! As a technology enthusiast I love to share knowledge and connect people's knowledge. I am a supporter of the useful Bitcoin 🐉 BSV
hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 05:35:45 PM

Craig Wright comments on social media, software developers and Silicon Valley players

Dr. Craig S. Wright’s latest blog post addresses some of the events that we have seen unfold in the blockchain and digital currency space over the past few days.

In, “A Comment on Social Media, Software Developers, and Silicon Valley Corporations,” Dr. Wright takes a look at the digital currency ecosystem, its participants, and how they have played a part in the progression and alteration of the blockchain and digital currency industry over the years as well as what their involvement insinuates.

Dr. Wright begins by acknowledging that the overarching goals of the blockchain and digital currency space deserve recognition and praise.

“The sentiment expressed by the many in the blockchain space, to change the world and make a system that is open to everyone and to promote financial freedom, is laudable,” says Dr. Wright. He goes on to explain how the digital currency space has taken a turn over the years. From alterations being made to Bitcoin that were not in its blueprint, to corporations and enterprising getting involved and attaching their names to a space that was originally without corporate influence.

Dr. Wright writes, “When I started Bitcoin, no individual taking part in the project at the time maintained any liability for the software, as none of them had any influence on the decisions to implement code changes, which is different to how the project works now. Developers are now acting together for their own benefit, and thus must realise that they are subject to the risks and consequences associated with established legal systems.”

The above statement might also be alluding to the copyright and intellectual property claims that Dr. Wright has on the Bitcoin whitepaper. The whitepaper is officially hosted on Dr. Wright’s website and on BitcoinSV.com, but anyone can use the document anywhere they want as long as they are not using it to illegally pass off technology that does not follow the white paper as Bitcoin.

When using, or rather, misusing, something that you do not have ownership of, you cannot be surprised when legal action is taken against you—something we have seen take place over the last few days. This legal action will likely benefit the broader blockchain and digital currency ecosystem; Dr. Wright even says that he lit this fire in the industry because he:

needed to get people to start to respond and to question the status quo. To do so, I needed to shake them out of their malaise. I needed them to start reacting.

When news began circulating regarding Bitcoin whitepaper copyright and intellectual property infringement—it forced people to actually read the Bitcoin whitepaper. At that point, many people realized that something they have been calling “digital gold” is actually called, and supposed to be, “peer-to-peer electronic cash.” That being said, what Bitcoin began as is much different than what BTC and BCH turned it into.

Lastly, Dr. Wright touches on the corporations that entered, and somehow, began to spearhead development on the BTC blockchain.

Companies such as Square fund developers as they undertake such projects, increasing the rewards for the developers that own and control the projects. In turn, such Silicon Valley players gain access to the benefits of the projects without assuming the risks of controlling and owning the projects. It is my view that when such projects suffer negative legal judgments, the Silicon Valley companies will have to take up the job of controlling and owning the projects, exposing themselves to the same sort of liability that they have been content to leave with the developers.

Although I found this passage a bit cryptic, we may have clarity on this in the future; Dr. Wright’s legal team has sent Square a notice of copyright enforcement action.

“Certain corporations take advantage of the passion and integrity offered to them through developers who want to do something significant to change the world. They twist it to promote their ends, and minimise the amount of risk that they would face,” says Dr. Wright.

To find out what Dr. Craig S. Wright thinks of the events that have unfolded over the last few days regarding the Bitcoin whitepaper, the corporations and bands of individuals that have high jacked the Bitcoin protocol, as well as why he “kicked the hornet’s nest” in regard to the Bitcoin whitepaper and social media’s reaction, you can learn more in Dr. Craig S. Wright’s latest blog post, “ A Comment on Social Media, Software Developers, and Silicon Valley Corporations.”

Source: https://coingeek.com/craig-wright-comments-on-social-media-software-developers-and-silicon-valley-players/ Thanks to Patrick Thompson

I bet nobody like to read that one - on the denial side. Learn harder

kna

Activity: 195
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 08:01:39 PM

Are you developing your Bitcoin projects and you need resources?

Developer Resources are at your service
Bitcoin SV has a large and growing number of tools to help developers build test, and deploy their applications. Below are some of the tools to get you started.

mAPI
mAPI provides direct interaction with Miners, allowing the user to discover the most competitive personalised transaction fee quotes, for guaranteed mining at a chosen SLA. It provides callback mechanisms to give you realtime updates on transaction status along with Merkle proofs of inclusion in Bitcoin blocks. https://github.com/bitcoin-sv-specs/brfc-merchantapi

SPV Channels
SPV Channels offer encrypted persistent messaging channels between any Bitcoin participants. Seamlessly integrating offline and direct communications to break down the technical barrriers to enabling the direct peer to peer interactions that Satoshi described as fundamental to the operations of the Bitcoin network. https://github.com/bitcoin-sv-specs/brfc-spvchannels

PayMail
PayMail is an identity and service discovery protocol that removes the need to use plain Bitcoin addresses and smooths the path for peers to connect to each other in the Bitcoin space. It uses human-readable names that can be used in exactly the same way as an email addresses to automatically negotiate transactions. https://bsvalias.org/

Libraries
Code libraries that abstract a lower level Bitcoin SV complexity away.
BitSV - Python
Nakasendo SDK - C++
BSV - JS
LiBSV
BitcoinJ - JS
Keyring - JS
Operate

Bitcoin Script
sCrypt

API’s
Application program interfaces to access the blockchain easily.
WhatsOnChain
Mattercloud
GetBlock

Education
Learn about how the blockchain works under the hood.
Bitcoin Wiki
Build on BSV
MoneyButton documentation
BSV DEVS
Metanet Technical Summary

Reading from the Blockchain
Tools for accessing data on the blockchain.
BitDB
Bitsocket
Bitquery
Bitbus
Su
Bitkey
Overpool
Neon Planaria
Grid Planaria
Bitwork
BPU
BOB
Bitpipe

Tokens
Tools to use tokens on the Bitcoin SV blockchain.
Run
Tokenized documentation

Writing to the Blockchain
Tools for putting data on the blockchain.
Meta-Writer
DataPay
Minercraft

Standards
Best practice used in the industry.
Bitcom
BSV alias
Paymail
MoneyButton BIPs

Wallet Integration
Tools to integrate Bitcoin wallets into your app without writing any wallet software.
MoneyButton
HandCash Connect
RelayX

BitcoinWiki
https://wiki.bitcoinsv.io/index.php/Main_Page

Source: https://bitcoinsv.io/professional-engineering/

🟢 Come & learn how to develop on BitCoin so you can understand in depth what it's all about. For example, what are the differences of being able to work on a stable, secure and unlimited protocol with free training. This way your knowledge and potential can be truly enhanced. https://bitcoinassociation.net/bitcoin-association-to-partner-with-saxion-university-on-bitcoin-sv-massive-open-online-courses/
hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 07:53:25 AM

Much more important stuff coming

https://coingeek.com/sec-flags-digital-currency-companies-allegedly-duping-investors-globally/

Regulatory by govs or self-regulatory - the list getting longer. Individuals  (incl CSW) and trolling them not relevant at all, just pulls out the 'qualitiy' of  noisy supporters

Anyhow - there is only one Bitcoin impl that might end up existing after

DYOR  - create your select CompliantBitcoin from TableOfWannabes   where compliant = 'TRUE'

Grin

Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 12:42:12 PM

Craig Wright on open source and liability

The Bitcoin whitepaper, Dr. Craig S. Wright’s copyright claim to it, as well as his intellectual property have recently fallen onto the radar of many blockchain and digital currency enthusiasts.

In his latest blog post, “Open Source and Liability,” Dr. Wright addressed many of the current events around the Bitcoin whitepaper, enterprises in Silicon Valley that pilot the BTC protocol, copyright, and intellectual property.

The main reason that copyright and intellectual property related controversy around the Bitcoin whitepaper has come to the surface is because corporations and individuals published the Bitcoin whitepaper in an attempt to pass Bitcoin off as a system that it really isn’t (as described in the whitepaper). That being said, anyone can use the whitepaper anywhere they want as long as they are not using it to illegally pass off technology that does not follow the whitepaper as Bitcoin.

“Several individuals in what is termed the ‘cryptocurrency space’ have started to promote a misleading and false premise: that open-source software is necessarily free and comes without copyright,” says Dr. Wright; and this is where corporations and individuals working on open-source software run into another issue.

Just because they are working on something open-source, it does not mean that they aren’t liable for their actions. Dr. Wright goes on to explain the four different types of business structure—individual, associations and partnerships, corporations, as well as trusts and foundations—and talks about how they function and where the liability falls in each structure. He also addresses individuals that operate via the money they received from donations, and how those individuals must register as a charitable donation, otherwise, they must pay tax on the money they receive.

He then goes on to explain how companies located in Silicon Valley have found a way to mitigate operational risks from themselves by open-sourcing projects.

“Twitter, Facebook, Google, and a swathe of other Silicon Valley companies have lowered the production costs faced by their companies, managed to hand risk to third parties, and foregone responsibility, whilst getting uninformed and legally untrained software developers to believe that they were doing good…With systems involving ‘cryptocurrency,’ including BTC Core, the individuals behind the associated website will try to tell you that they are only an open-source group, and hence there is no liability. You cannot simply remove liability from your actions by saying you do not have liability. It does not matter what the website says; if you become part of such a group, you are liable for the actions of the group.”

And this is where the group of developers working on the open-source protocol as well as the corporations that have tried to mitigate their risk run into a big problem. What the corporations are telling the developers that they are building, is not what the product they believe they are building is legally defined as. In other words, the corporations and developers are trying to pass the BTC protocol off as Bitcoin, when BTC has really diverged from the blueprint laid out in the bitcoin whitepaper a long time ago.

“Likewise, actions such as passing a system off as another can leave each of the developers liable for the actions of a few malicious individuals. Ignorance is not a defence…In accordance with the common test provided through Reckitt & Colman Products Ltd v Borden Inc [1990] 1 WLR 491, the development of an alternative system, changing something that was set in stone, and misrepresenting it as the same product is an act of passing off. In the case of BTC Core, you cannot decide that a community now owns a project. I did not ever hand the project over. I explained that the project was based on a protocol that had been set in stone.”

Dr. Wright’s blog post makes it very clear why legal issues are beginning to arise around the Bitcoin whitepaper. You also begin to understand who is at fault and who violated the copyright and intellectual property claims that Dr. Wright has. As he notes, “ignorance is not a defense,” so there are slim chances that the companies and individuals who have violated the law will escape this legal issue unscathed.

To learn more about the implications that working on open source technology has and who the liability will fall on when the shoe drops, head over to [ur=https://craigwright.net/l]CraigWright.net[/url] and read Dr. Craig S. Wright’s latest blog post, “Open Source and Liability.”

Source: https://coingeek.com/craig-wright-on-open-source-and-liability/

$romain

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 12:54:35 PM

Do you know what the double spending on the BTC crypto that took place on January 21, 2021 at 9:21 p.m. on block 666,333 means?

As they don't know or won't tell you, here is the answer: because RBF allows the attacker who has sybilled a mining node to change transaction at any time as long as the charges are higher. So it's easier to play with timing and create a double expense.

Most importantly, understand that #BTC is broken, can be easily attacked and double expenses repeated.

The well timed attack at 21h21 on the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century for a system with 21 million double spending coins, this proves (mathematically) that #BTC is broken. Replacement by Charge (RBF) is broken, and #LightningNetwork is fundamentally broken.

Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 12:59:29 PM

NEW BSV App: NoteSV Storage and synchronisation of encrypted notes and decentralised passwords

With the power of Bitcoin, NoteSV becomes the best software to protect private personal information forever.
The use of the Bitcoin blockchain, which has been working perfectly for 11 years, provides security protection beyond the banking level.
Every recording recorded in Note.SV is encrypted using an asymmetric encryption algorithm with a different elliptic curve, so that no one can take a look at it.
Once written into the blockchain, no one can forge or falsify it except yourself.
Data information is permanently stored on the blockchain and will not be lost due to changes in software developers or servers.

Website password management, supports automatic password generation, and supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
Save personal notes, support adding images. It is suitable for storing banks, credit cards, and all kinds of private information.
The addition, deletion, and modification of data information are all registered, and searching, sorting, and sharing of information is supported.
A variety of recharging methods, micropayments as low as 1 cent when used, no annual monthly fee. Read and write on demand, no worries.

Find out more at https://note.sv/

BSVfan

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 05:00:23 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2021, 05:16:20 PM by BSVfan

No, the protocol is not locked

@synfonaut 4 jan.
i’m making this
the stable protocol is too important for there to be any confusion over what should be included
i’ll pay $10 per change that still needs to be reverted/unfucked in BSV
list them below

I didn’t know this, thanks for the explanation @Brendan_Lee__
It would be really helpful to have a list of changes made by BTC/BCH and what still needs to be reverted twitter.com/Brendan_Lee__/…

https://twitter.com/synfonaut/status/1345930291534127104

Recently Brad Jasper aka @synfonaut started a list of all the pending changes needed to truly revert to the original Bitcoin protocol v0.1. Technically the Bitcoin SV protocol is not locked, despite the assertion being repeated ad-nauseam. In this article I will review those pending changes, some detail and history behind them, but why this fact is not something developers should be worried about when it comes to building on BSV.

Difficulty adjustment algorithm

This is the most radical change from Satoshi’s original protocol and the one that has had profound effects on miner incentives since its modification by BCH developer Amaury Sechet in August 2017. I have written about this in the past. On Brad’s repository, Dean Little adds more reasons why it should be reverted (especially now with the ancestor limit raised):

Source: GitHub

SIGHASH_FORKID

The second most impactful deviation is the addition of a FORKID in the sighash algorithm which adds replay protection, ensuring that transactions spent on BCH would not necessarily need to be spent on BTC. This was another French man special that likely has had unforeseen consequences. Adding replay protection could be interpreted as an admission of defeat by BCH at the time. This move allowed transactions to be broadcast selectively on either chain, ensuring a permanent split persisted.

Additionally, if any offline transactions were created with the nLockTime feature prior to August 2017, then those transactions are now un-spendable on the BCH and BSV chains. The implications are quite interesting given a certain Australian’s fascination with nLockTime, offline transactions and trusts.

Opcode changes

Lastly several opcodes are still disabled. The most mysterious of which is OP_VER, whose purpose is still largely unknown. In the slide below Craig Wright presents that it could be leveraged to implement ‘secondary consensus’ rules (custom opcodes?) which is fascinating considering that one of the huge topics of debate was over an opcode (OP_CHECKDATASIG) during the BCH/BSV split may have been totally unnecessary!

Source: @cryptoAcorns photo from CG London 2020

Along with OP_VER, OP_VERIF and OP_VERNOTIF are also going to be re-enabled in the Chronicle update. Two more opcodes, OP_2MUL and OP_2DIV are supposedly going to be re-enabled but are unnecessary as the same functionality can be replicated by using OP_MUL or OP_DIV (multiplication and division) of any value by two (OP_2).

syn·fo·naut @synfonaut 4 jan
what does it mean for the BSV protocol to be stable?
https://twitter.com/synfonaut/status/1346150883822735361

In conclusion, the above changes will eventually need to be implemented but for the purpose of the ‘set in stone’ narrative, the protocol is just that. My definition mirrors with Elas Digital’s statement below:

syn·fo·naut @synfonaut Jan 4, 2021

Elas Digital@ElasDigital
That the network's rules never change in such a way that something I built ceases to function in the way I built it.

Each of the changes I have reviewed may impact different parties in various situations but will not disrupt any businesses being built today in the future. If anything, these restorations can only increase the possibilities of what can be built on Bitcoin, not take away. The future Chronicle update does not yet have a date, but is anticipated to unlock even more potential from Bitcoin.

Source: https://tpow.app/82ddff3d Thanks to Joshua Henslee

hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 05:27:52 PM

No, the protocol is not locked

@synfonaut 4 jan.
i’m making this
the stable protocol is too important for there to be any confusion over what should be included
i’ll pay $10 per change that still needs to be reverted/unfucked in BSV
list them below

I didn’t know this, thanks for the explanation @Brendan_Lee__
It would be really helpful to have a list of changes made by BTC/BCH and what still needs to be reverted twitter.com/Brendan_Lee__/…

https://twitter.com/synfonaut/status/1345930291534127104

Recently Brad Jasper aka @synfonaut started a list of all the pending changes needed to truly revert to the original Bitcoin protocol v0.1. Technically the Bitcoin SV protocol is not locked, despite the assertion being repeated ad-nauseam. In this article I will review those pending changes, some detail and history behind them, but why this fact is not something developers should be worried about when it comes to building on BSV.

Difficulty adjustment algorithm

This is the most radical change from Satoshi’s original protocol and the one that has had profound effects on miner incentives since its modification by BCH developer Amaury Sechet in August 2017. I have written about this in the past. On Brad’s repository, Dean Little adds more reasons why it should be reverted (especially now with the ancestor limit raised):

Source: GitHub

SIGHASH_FORKID

The second most impactful deviation is the addition of a FORKID in the sighash algorithm which adds replay protection, ensuring that transactions spent on BCH would not necessarily need to be spent on BTC. This was another French man special that likely has had unforeseen consequences. Adding replay protection could be interpreted as an admission of defeat by BCH at the time. This move allowed transactions to be broadcast selectively on either chain, ensuring a permanent split persisted.

Additionally, if any offline transactions were created with the nLockTime feature prior to August 2017, then those transactions are now un-spendable on the BCH and BSV chains. The implications are quite interesting given a certain Australian’s fascination with nLockTime, offline transactions and trusts.

Opcode changes

Lastly several opcodes are still disabled. The most mysterious of which is OP_VER, whose purpose is still largely unknown. In the slide below Craig Wright presents that it could be leveraged to implement ‘secondary consensus’ rules (custom opcodes?) which is fascinating considering that one of the huge topics of debate was over an opcode (OP_CHECKDATASIG) during the BCH/BSV split may have been totally unnecessary!

Source: @cryptoAcorns photo from CG London 2020

Along with OP_VER, OP_VERIF and OP_VERNOTIF are also going to be re-enabled in the Chronicle update. Two more opcodes, OP_2MUL and OP_2DIV are supposedly going to be re-enabled but are unnecessary as the same functionality can be replicated by using OP_MUL or OP_DIV (multiplication and division) of any value by two (OP_2).

syn·fo·naut @synfonaut 4 jan

In conclusion, the above changes will eventually need to be implemented but for the purpose of the ‘set in stone’ narrative, the protocol is just that. My definition mirrors with Elas Digital’s statement below:

syn·fo·naut @synfonaut Jan 4, 2021

Elas Digital@ElasDigital
That the network's rules never change in such a way that something I built ceases to function in the way I built it.

Each of the changes I have reviewed may impact different parties in various situations but will not disrupt any businesses being built today in the future. If anything, these restorations can only increase the possibilities of what can be built on Bitcoin, not take away. The future Chronicle update does not yet have a date, but is anticipated to unlock even more potential from Bitcoin.

Source: https://tpow.app/82ddff3d Thanks to Joshua Henslee

Seems all old SPV impls like electrum  >> wrong

hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2021, 07:39:50 AM

He was clearly wrong

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391350.msg14132691#msg14132691

and Mike was right

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149668.msg1596879#msg1596879

but got kicked for that

$romain

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2021, 09:11:28 AM

Get your $handle and collect free $BSV every day from generous community member

#freeBSV #freeBitcoin #freecrypto #freecoin $BSV

Search $handle word in the search Twitter engine section recent 😊 Install @handcashapp

Install @handcashapp - https://tpow.app/ca689e1a
Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2021, 03:47:17 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 10:07:10 AM by Do_zzze

It’s over 9,000 TPS! Bitcoin SV hits new transactions per second record

https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347

Bitcoin SV‘s (BSV) Scaling Test Network (STN) hit a new record this week, processing over 9,000 transactions per second at one point on January 26. Its previous record was ~6,500 tps in December 2019. Despite being a testing network, the STN shares most of its technical capabilities with the BSV mainnet—once again disproving the notion that Bitcoin can’t scale on-chain.

To put that into perspective, the BTC network (which many still incorrectly insist on referring to as “Bitcoin”) limits its block sizes to 1-4MB, permitting a maximum 7 transactions per second (it’s more like 3-4). That’s not seven thousand… but seven. No blockchain asset has a hope of gaining use as a world currency, global payment settlement layer or for everyday payments at such a low capacity, and it can cost over $10 or even $20 to send a single BTC transaction of any amount.

The record also comes at an interesting time for Bitcoin, as Dr. Craig Wright ramps up legal action against BTC developers and associated projects. Far from attempting to deny the public access to the [ur=https://craigwright.net/bitcoin-white-paper.pdfl]2008 Bitcoin white paper[/url] and its contents (as many have erroneously assumed), one of the motives is to get people to take another look at Satoshi’s original writings about Bitcoin’s true capabilities.

How did the Scaling Test Network achieve the new record?

STN Operations Manager Brad Kristensen told CoinGeek that his team thinks over 2,000 tps is sustainable on the STN, going by the data they’ve collected. Just recently they observed an average of around 1.9 ktps (or 1,900 tps) over an eight-hour period. You can monitor STN statistics yourself at this site.

“We have a few ideas on how to increase this further without code changes but will have to wait and see with some more testing,” Kristensen said.

What improvements have been made to the STN since the last record was set? The network is now in its fourth iteration (aka v4, running since November 2020) and is on software version 1.0.7. The previous 6.4 ktps occurred on STN v2.

What improvements have been made to the STN since then to increase the capacity? Kristensen said:

​”The performance improvements in 1.0.7 played a big role here. The care and dedication from the SV node team is second to none. The improved handling of chained transactions appears to be paying dividends. We still want to play around here a bit more, with the recent increase to support chains of 1,000 by default.”

“We have a lot of levels to test to find the optimum throughput, assuming our only goal is chasing peak tps. However, the sustained rate is more important I think and where the real power of BitCoin is. Sustained tps over long periods is where we hope to see continued repeatable gains in the year ahead,” he added.

BSV mainnet also has the capacity

Kristensen added that it was important to remember the BSV mainnet already has the capacity to handle similar transaction volumes, but at present lacks the demand for it. However the goal of the STN has always been to try and reflect the mainnet as close as possible, just at larger scale.

Was there anything special about the transactions during the record peak time this week? Kristensen said it was due to a number of factors:

“They are mostly ‘standard’ transactions, however recent testing has involved using increasing chain lengths. Starting at 2, then 12, moving to 25 and beyond… This means, at chains of 12, if we generate a million UTXOs, each of those million will have 12 children and so on. We are also using the new RPC method further improved with v1.0.7 for handling bulk transactions, a feature miners will no doubt make use of with clients they have direct agreements with, and transactions that enter their networks through Merchant API.”

The goal of the STN has always been to try and reflect mainnet as close as possible, just at larger scale. Keeping that in mind, mainnet already has this capacity, all it lacks is the volume.

With more big data projects coming online in 2021 to test its limits with nanotransactions, and the Bitcoin SV node team is available to assist new projects looking to process large amounts of data on a blockchain that actually scales. The challenge now, Kristensen said, is to attract more enterprise-tier users.

“The STN is our proving ground, we know mainnet could do it, because the STN can. It’s down to the miners to be ready to embrace Bitcoin at enterprise scale when that volume arrives. We hope that the STN not only can show it can be done but also offer guidance if needed to miners coming over from scale challenged chains.”

See also: Steve Shadders presentation at CoinGeek Live, Bitcoin SV Technical Update: Infrastructure for the World Blockchain

https://youtu.be/Wr8nZhC_9WA

Source:

[url=https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347]https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347

Bitcoin SV‘s (BSV) Scaling Test Network (STN) hit a new record this week, processing over 9,000 transactions per second at one point on January 26. Its previous record was ~6,500 tps in December 2019. Despite being a testing network, the STN shares most of its technical capabilities with the BSV mainnet—once again disproving the notion that Bitcoin can’t scale on-chain.

To put that into perspective, the BTC network (which many still incorrectly insist on referring to as “Bitcoin”) limits its block sizes to 1-4MB, permitting a maximum 7 transactions per second (it’s more like 3-4). That’s not seven thousand… but seven. No blockchain asset has a hope of gaining use as a world currency, global payment settlement layer or for everyday payments at such a low capacity, and it can cost over $10 or even $20 to send a single BTC transaction of any amount.

The record also comes at an interesting time for Bitcoin, as Dr. Craig Wright ramps up legal action against BTC developers and associated projects. Far from attempting to deny the public access to the [ur=https://craigwright.net/bitcoin-white-paper.pdfl]2008 Bitcoin white paper[/url] and its contents (as many have erroneously assumed), one of the motives is to get people to take another look at Satoshi’s original writings about Bitcoin’s true capabilities.

STN Operations Manager Brad Kristensen told CoinGeek that his team thinks over 2,000 tps is sustainable on the STN, going by the data they’ve collected. Just recently they observed an average of around 1.9 ktps (or 1,900 tps) over an eight-hour period. You can monitor STN statistics yourself at this site.

“We have a few ideas on how to increase this further without code changes but will have to wait and see with some more testing,” Kristensen said.

What improvements have been made to the STN since the last record was set? The network is now in its fourth iteration (aka v4, running since November 2020) and is on software version 1.0.7. The previous 6.4 ktps occurred on STN v2.

What improvements have been made to the STN since then to increase the capacity? Kristensen said:

​”The performance improvements in 1.0.7 played a big role here. The care and dedication from the SV node team is second to none. The improved handling of chained transactions appears to be paying dividends. We still want to play around here a bit more, with the recent increase to support chains of 1,000 by default.”

“We have a lot of levels to test to find the optimum throughput, assuming our only goal is chasing peak tps. However, the sustained rate is more important I think and where the real power of BitCoin is. Sustained tps over long periods is where we hope to see continued repeatable gains in the year ahead,” he added.

Kristensen added that it was important to remember the BSV mainnet already has the capacity to handle similar transaction volumes, but at present lacks the demand for it. However the goal of the STN has always been to try and reflect the mainnet as close as possible, just at larger scale.

Was there anything special about the transactions during the record peak time this week? Kristensen said it was due to a number of factors:

“They are mostly ‘standard’ transactions, however recent testing has involved using increasing chain lengths. Starting at 2, then 12, moving to 25 and beyond… This means, at chains of 12, if we generate a million UTXOs, each of those million will have 12 children and so on. We are also using the new RPC method further improved with v1.0.7 for handling bulk transactions, a feature miners will no doubt make use of with clients they have direct agreements with, and transactions that enter their networks through Merchant API.”

The goal of the STN has always been to try and reflect mainnet as close as possible, just at larger scale. Keeping that in mind, mainnet already has this capacity, all it lacks is the volume.

With more big data projects coming online in 2021 to test its limits with nanotransactions, and the Bitcoin SV node team is available to assist new projects looking to process large amounts of data on a blockchain that actually scales. The challenge now, Kristensen said, is to attract more enterprise-tier users.

“The STN is our proving ground, we know mainnet could do it, because the STN can. It’s down to the miners to be ready to embrace Bitcoin at enterprise scale when that volume arrives. We hope that the STN not only can show it can be done but also offer guidance if needed to miners coming over from scale challenged chains.”

See also: Steve Shadders presentation at CoinGeek Live, Bitcoin SV Technical Update: Infrastructure for the World Blockchain

Source: https://coingeek.com/its-over-9000-tps-bitcoin-sv-hits-new-transactions-per-second-record/ Thanks to Jon Southurst

hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 07:07:33 AM

https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347

Source:

[url=https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347]https://twitter.com/brad1121/status/1353978594821689347

Source: https://coingeek.com/its-over-9000-tps-bitcoin-sv-hits-new-transactions-per-second-record/ Thanks to Jon Southurst

BIGGER THAN VISA ??

Shocked

Bitcoin SV (BSV)

Activity: 37
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 09:15:26 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 09:33:14 AM by Bitcoin SV (BSV)

9,000 Transactions Per Second: Bitcoin SV hits new record

The performance improvements in 1.0.7 played a big role here. The care and dedication from the SV node team is second to none. The improved handling of chained transactions appears to be paying dividends. We still want to play around here a bit more, with the recent increase to support chains of 1,000 by default.

Source https://bitcoinassociation.net/9000-transactions-per-second-bitcoin-sv-hits-new-record/
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: