Bitcoin Forum
February 26, 2021, 07:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 209777 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (633 posts by 23 users with 55 merit deleted.)
kna

Activity: 195
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 09:21:25 AM

Check the facts: BSV has been systematically held down by all of the big players in the space.

It’s been delisted, lied about, reported against and dragged through the mud by Silicon Valley venture capitalists.

And it has shorts at all time high.

🟢 Come & learn how to develop on BitCoin so you can understand in depth what it's all about. For example, what are the differences of being able to work on a stable, secure and unlimited protocol with free training. This way your knowledge and potential can be truly enhanced. https://bitcoinassociation.net/bitcoin-association-to-partner-with-saxion-university-on-bitcoin-sv-massive-open-online-courses/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin SV (BSV)

Activity: 37
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 09:29:42 AM

Bitcoin white paper is a personal legacy for one man; Bitcoin SV is a bigger vision for the world

In light of the recent events regarding copyright enforcement of the Bitcoin white paper, Bitcoin Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen [ur=https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bitcoin-white-paper-personal-legacy-one-man-sv-bigger-jimmy-nguyen/l]wrote a public blog on his personal LinkedIn [/url]page reflecting on the situation and sharing some of his own thoughts. It is republished with permission in full below.

Over the past week, copyright law has triggered a frenzy of media attention and social media talk in the digital currency world. That’s because Dr. Craig Wright sent (through his lawyers) legal demand letters to a number of website operators to enforce his copyright to the famed Bitcoin white paper. It’s important to note that neither Bitcoin Association nor the wider Bitcoin SV ecosystem are parties to this legal enforcement; this is a personal effort by Craig to reclaim what he sees as a key part of his legacy. So while I would not normally be one to offer a public opinion on someone’s personal legal proceedings, given the industry interest and my prior experience as an intellectual property lawyer, I wanted to share some thoughts.

Craig attests that he is the author of the Bitcoin white paper (originally posted online in 2008 under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto and [ur=https://craigwright.net/bitcoin-white-paper.pdfl]now posted[/url] on Craig’s personal website with his name as author). He says that he wants the white paper removed from certain websites – such as Bitcoin.org, BitcoinCore.org and Bitcoin.com – which use it to promote Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Those are two competing versions of Bitcoin which no longer represent Bitcoin at all. Instead, Craig and many others argue that Bitcoin’s original design and protocol, as described in the white paper and other early Satoshi writings, now live only in the form of Bitcoin SV (BSV).

But what’s the difference between Bitcoin variants and why does it matter?

The Satoshi white paper explains Bitcoin is intended to be a “peer-to-peer electronic cash system” that makes Internet commerce payments more cost-efficient, including for “small casual transactions.” An efficient online payments infrastructure – a true electronic cash system widely used in daily life – requires a network that can handle huge volumes of fast transactions, processed for minimal fees. Satoshi reinforced this point early in Bitcoin’s life, writing in 2009 that Bitcoin can scale and “never really hits a scale ceiling.”

Yet despite the clear intent of Bitcoin’s creator to scale the network and establish it as more efficient infrastructure for online payments, the Bitcoin Core protocol developers who assumed control of the Bitcoin project (known under ticker symbol BTC) following Nakamoto’s exit in 2011 effectively crippled the BTC blockchain. They rejected scaling – limiting on-chain capacity to a maximum of 7 transactions per second, driving transaction fees sky-high; so now BTC is promoted as “digital gold” and a “store of value” reserve asset, rather than as the system of peer-to-peer electronic cash for daily use envisioned by Satoshi. The BTC network further strayed with the introduction of Segregated Witness (SegWit), a change which fundamentally altered the network such that it, by definition, can no longer be called Bitcoin; and other features such as replace-by-fee (RBF), a mechanism for replacing one version of an unconfirmed transaction with a different version of the transaction that pays a higher fee.

In 2017, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) emerged supposedly to continue Bitcoin’s vision to be “peer-to-peer electronic cash.” I and others supported BCH for some time, until it became clear BCH protocol developers wanted to again significantly deviate away Satoshi’s design – such as changing the transaction ordering scheme and introducing a new signature technique that can be used to deliberately obfuscate transactions under a misguided notion of “privacy,” despite Bitcoin being designed to be a public, auditable ledger for honest transactions. Furthermore, BCH remains frozen at the same (still rather small) block cap it has had since 2018 and has failed to scale anywhere close to the levels Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned.

That is why Bitcoin SV (Satoshi Vision) emerged in 2018 to ensure the original design for Bitcoin is finally fulfilled. Bitcoin SV has almost entirely restored Satoshi’s Bitcoin protocol, with no default limit on the size of the blocks on its blockchain and thus its transaction capacity. It also restored many of Satoshi’s original technical functions – such as removing artificial limits on the size and capabilities of transactions, and restoring the full original functionality of Bitcoin Script (the programming language used within the Bitcoin protocol). With unbounded scaling, transaction fees remain minimal and predictable – the median transaction fee on the Bitcoin SV network in 2020 was generally less than 1/100 of a U.S. cent. That makes Bitcoin SV a fast and efficient system for electronic cash payments, including for “small casual transactions”, just as Satoshi described in his white paper. While many industry observers view BSV as a fork of BTC and BCH, Craig and others argue BSV is merely the new name and ticker symbol for the original Bitcoin which it alone continues.

So, what do the Bitcoin white paper and copyright law have to do with this?

Craig swears that he is Satoshi Nakamoto, author of the Bitcoin white paper, and owner of its copyright. As such, he is asserting some of the exclusive rights given by copyright ownership, namely that a copyright holder has the exclusive right to control the reproduction and public display of their work.

Craig’s legal demand letters have caused quite a stir, leading to many angry comments on social media. Opponents of Craig’s action think that he is trying to suppress the white paper or inhibit open-source development, but I do not believe that to be the case.

Rather, because BTC and BCH no longer follow the original network protocol or economic incentive model prescribed by Satoshi Nakamoto in the white paper, Craig says that as the copyright holder, he does not want it associated with marketing BTC, BCH or any other digital currency which is not Bitcoin – including on websites such as Bitcoin.org, BitcoinCore.org and Bitcoin.com.

The controversy has also revealed some great ironies in the digital currency space.

BTC supporters are vocally defending the Bitcoin white paper, even though the current maintainer of the Bitcoin.org website (a long time BTC supporter using the pseudonym Cobra Bitcoin) has admitted that Satoshi’s paper no longer describes BTC. As far back as 2016, Cobra wrote “the Bitcoin described in the paper and the Bitcoin BTC described on Bitcoin.org are starting to diverge.” In 2017, he even called the white paper “outdated and incorrect” in its ability to describe BTC, and “At some point, I think the paper will start to do more harm than good, because it will trick people into believing they understand Bitcoin BTC.” Cobra has thus called for updating the white paper to more accurately reflect BTC.

Despite such feelings that Satoshi’s white paper no longer describes BTC, competing Bitcoin camps are attacking Bitcoin SV and its supporters – even going so far as to call for (illegal) 51% attacks against the BSV network – simply because they dislike Craig. So I want to make this abundantly clear: this is one man trying to claim his personal legacy as the creator of Bitcoin. While many of us (me included) certainly have opinions about it, this is a battle for Craig.

As I’ve said before, Bitcoin SV is much bigger than Craig Wright or any one person. Around the world, the Bitcoin SV ecosystem has grown dramatically, with many consumers, developers, start-up ventures, larger businesses, mining groups, service providers, and even a country (the small island nation of Tuvalu in the South Pacific) using or working with Bitcoin SV. We’re seeing powerful blockchain applications built across many industry sectors – fintech, health care, supply chain, RegTech, Internet of Things, social media, online games, esports, and AR/VR. With a big wave of innovation coming and so many people now involved, I am confident that Bitcoin SV will succeed irrespective of whether Craig Wright enforces copyright, wins or loses his legal battles, or convinces people he created Bitcoin.

And that’s exactly the way it should be – focus on the utility of the digital asset and its blockchain technology. Personally, I believe that Craig is Satoshi Nakamoto. But I’ve also repeatedly said that people should support Bitcoin SV because it correctly fulfils Bitcoin’s original vision and because its blockchain simply works (and works the best) – not based upon their belief as to whether or not Craig is Satoshi. With Bitcoin SV, we are building the most transformative data network the world has seen since the introduction of the Internet – and that’s what it’s all about – this is first and foremost about the technology.

While I’m sure many of you will watch the latest round of drama to emerge from the digital asset sphere with interest, for the rest of us across the global Bitcoin SV ecosystem, we’ll continue to work every day to build a bigger vision for the world with Bitcoin.

Source Jimmy Nguyen https://bitcoinassociation.net/bitcoin-white-paper-is-a-personal-legacy-for-one-man-bitcoin-sv-is-a-bigger-vision-for-the-world/

kna

Activity: 195
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 10:54:34 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 01:58:01 PM by kna

Bitcoin White Paper Statement of Jan 29, 2021

Last week, I instructed my lawyers to send a series of formal legal letters to a very specific list of people and organisations who were hosting the Bitcoin white paper on their websites.

This wasn’t done to limit the public availability of the white paper—quite the opposite. I am proud that when I first posted it online, in 2008, the system described within the white paper generated substantial excitement, which has only grown since. As far as I’m concerned, the more people who read the white paper—actually read it—the better. It would go a long way towards furthering people’s understanding of what Bitcoin is, and what it is not.

The Bitcoin system described in the white paper is not ambiguous. It is not open to interpretation. It is a peer-to-peer system of electronic cash. Cash means utility and practicality for daily use to make Internet commerce payments, including for “small casual transactions”, as noted on page 1 of the white paper. Cash means the network must be able to scale to support a high volume of transactions at high speeds and very low costs. For it to work, the underlying protocol must be set in stone, and not open to repeated revision by constantly tinkering developers who do not understand the system they may break. The system described in the white paper is clearly not one whose primary purpose and promotional message involves the storing of value or “digital gold” as a reserve asset.

And yet today, organisations use the Bitcoin name and the white paper itself to promote coins and products which they know to be inconsistent with the system as originally described. Such alternate coins and products not only fail to live up to the specification set out in the white paper, but still use the Bitcoin name and the white paper to promote themselves. As the author of the white paper, I feel compelled to exercise my legal rights and to ensure that it cannot be marketed in such a way—not just so that Bitcoin can live up to its potential, but so that people are not misled into supporting a different endeavour, having been led to believe that they were supporting Bitcoin.

In no other context would my acting appear as unusual or noteworthy. In fact, my failure to do so would at best be questionable and at worst a failure of my duty. Alas, such is the campaign of misinformation and obfuscation which has emerged over many years.

I do not want to be misunderstood: if a person would like to develop a system of digital gold or of slow, expensive online transacting, I would encourage them to pursue it, even though my opinion may be that such a project is ultimately doomed. Innovation is a great thing. It’s why the fixed nature of the protocol is such an important component of what Bitcoin is: if the protocol is subject to continuous change, how can meaningful innovation possibly take place using the system? When the Internet protocol was set in stone, we saw mass Internet adoption and use. Without the certainty that the protocol you are developing on is still going to be able to support your product a year or 10 years after its launch, innovators will simply choose to go elsewhere.

What I hoped to achieve by taking action against certain misusers of the white paper was to bring awareness to the Bitcoin system that is described within it, and to distinguish the system from others using the Bitcoin name. I believe the white paper speaks for itself. Whether something is ‘Bitcoin’ or not can be easily checked with reference to the document. If it fails to live up to the system of peer-to-peer electronic cash described therein, then it is not Bitcoin. Bitcoin SV is the Bitcoin system I described in the white paper. While much of the world may not see it yet, over time, people will; the technology speaks for itself. My life’s work has been about creating a micropayment system: one that brings electronic cash to the Internet in the form of small-value micro- and even nano-transactions.

I know that many people do not agree or do not understand why I have taken such course. To them I say, this is my personal battle, not that of the many companies and individuals in the Bitcoin ecosystem focusing on building an honest system, a system that is changing the world for the better.

Source Craig Wright Blog https://craigwright.net/blog/bitcoin-blockchain-tech/bitcoin-white-paper-statement-of-jan-29-2021/

Read The Original Bitcoin White Paper on https://craigwright.net/bitcoin-white-paper.pdf

Further reading for more facts: https://coingeek.com/the-war-on-bitcoin/ & https://coingeek.com/?s=cartel

🟢 Come & learn how to develop on BitCoin so you can understand in depth what it's all about. For example, what are the differences of being able to work on a stable, secure and unlimited protocol with free training. This way your knowledge and potential can be truly enhanced. https://bitcoinassociation.net/bitcoin-association-to-partner-with-saxion-university-on-bitcoin-sv-massive-open-online-courses/
hv_

Activity: 1848
Merit: 828

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 12:32:20 PM

Yep - read it

try to get it

DYOR

https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-white-paper-statement-of-jan-29-2021/

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
BSVfan

Activity: 142
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2021, 11:52:39 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2021, 12:06:03 PM by BSVfan

« People... Welcome aboard Satoshi SN9 and SN10 🤪 The CraigX company has the most beautiful hostesses in South Africa but due to a technical problem none of them are on board today... »

« The on-board staff will offer you the following menu, served during the flight: Cocktail of friendship - Supreme of good health - Gratin of prosperity - Platter of excellent news - Salad of success - Log of happiness - All accompanied by bubbles of laughter »

« If you are traveling with a small child, help him/her put on his/her oxygen mask. If you're traveling with several infants, decide now which one you like the most »

« Prepare for launch 😋 »

Hello to you! As a technology enthusiast I love to share knowledge and connect people's knowledge. I am a supporter of the useful Bitcoin 🐉 BSV
BSVfan

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2021, 05:00:06 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 11:29:58 AM by BSVfan

😂 This is humor you will (maybe) understand... but don't forget... come on, use or build start with BSV. it might save you this kind of inconvenience. Using BSV is #useful, BSV is not BTC because BSV is Bitcoin

✓ Now nChain has a workforce of over 200 employees

source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jDlqQkknI&feature=emb_logo

Hello to you! As a technology enthusiast I love to share knowledge and connect people's knowledge. I am a supporter of the useful Bitcoin 🐉 BSV
Do_zzze

Activity: 288
Merit: 24

I 'm a supporter of BitcoinSV BSV #capacity #build

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2021, 01:53:01 PM

🟢A bifurcation of rules creates a diverging game protocol. North America play 'Football", created in 1869 as a game with an egg shaped ball, passed forward by throwing with hands. The original protocol for football was documented in 206BC in China under the Han Dynasty.

A new set of rules was created for competition football, in Greece in 228 which involved hands and violence. Association football, known as "Football" in the UK but "Soccer" in North America (to avoid confusion with their football protocol) was recorded in 1842, using feet only.

Soccer is played with a round ball and only the goalkeeper can use their hands inside their own box. Rugby began at my former school of Rugby, Warwickshire, UK, in 1823 by William Web Ellis, during a game of football where he picked up the ball and ran with it.

This is an egg shaped ball that can only be thrown backwards. North America adopted these rules of Rugby, adding protective helmets and body armour which are not allowed in Rugby. Australia did the something similar. In the UK, we call North American football "American Football".

We call Australian football "Aussie Rules Fooball" and both America, Canada and Australia call British Footbal "Soccer". UK plays both Football (Soccer) and Rugby, as do New Zealand, South Africa, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland and Oceana.

These sports are mutually exclusive and they have their own set protocols. They are not played in the same countries, in the same stadiums with the same fanbase. It's the same with BTC, BCH & BSV. All 3 have history going back to the Genesis block in January 2009.

BTC created a new game and new protocol in 2017 by adding changes to the protocol, thus changing the game. BCH changed the protocol too in 2018 creating a new protocol and non compatible ruleset. Cross chain Bitcoin transactions remain shared & mutually supported up until a fork.

Exchanges are like supporters. They call the sport they like playing the name of the team they support. These teams are reference node implementations chosen by the ticker (team) that was playing before. Bitcoin Core changed the Bitcoin protocol but retained the trading ticker.

Supporters of the original Bitcoin protocol have been reassigned tickers but have been reassigned names by exchanges to differentiate the naming convention of their hosting teams game. BSV is Bitcoin with the original progeny. It's Bitcoin in every sense of the founding protocol.

Now imagine the uproar if I went to America, bought out all of the football stadiums and told all of the players they can only play soccer rules, only with feet, only with a round ball. The fans turn up expecting touchdowns but they get headers, volleys, chips and hooks instead.

BSVers don't care about the ticker. The original Bitcoin ticker was XBT anyway. What we care about is our original game's protocol retaining its progeny and not having people who "ran with the ball' changing the rules of the game after they thought Satoshi had left.

Satoshi didn't leave. He focussed on creating a Football Association and international teams of players for a World Cup Competition, where everyone can compete. A global, international sport.

Core stole Satoshi's ball.
Craig Wright wants his ball back!

May the best team win.

Source https://twitter.com/murphsicles/status/1353721938594713601 Roy Murphy @murphsicles

Now you understand why original protocol have bifurcated (Forked) to XBT > BTC > BCH > BSV. And why now BitcoinSV is only the real Bitcoin compliant with Satoshi Nakamoto (aka authentic CSW) work 👆

Very informative is not it?

BTC is not same of original source code set in stone only by Satoshi Nakamoto check here https://github.com/bitcoin and compare with https://github.com/bitcoin-sv You will see the facts, what became technically BTC modified because implemented by Core and named Bitcoin is very far from the original. You will notice that the BSV code is in conformity with Satoshi Nakamoto's masterpiece thanks to nChain which cleaned the code of the successive incrementations (SegWit and others) that Core had imposed by voice of community BIP against what Satoshi has created. I'm convinced that BitcoinSV (BSV) original XBT is the best technological opportunity of capacity for use and stable build on original Bitcoin protocol.
Bitcoin SV (BSV)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2021, 02:00:29 PM

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 A big win for the Honest Men at Somerset 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ @AyrUnitedFC ©Alan Graham
Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2021, 02:01:28 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 02:21:50 PM by Do_zzze

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 A big win for the Honest Men at Somerset 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ @AyrUnitedFC ©Alan Graham

YEAH GREAT WIN, CONGRATS GUYS !

United remain unbeaten at home in the league this season  Cool

BTC is not same of original source code set in stone only by Satoshi Nakamoto check here https://github.com/bitcoin and compare with https://github.com/bitcoin-sv You will see the facts, what became technically BTC modified because implemented by Core and named Bitcoin is very far from the original. You will notice that the BSV code is in conformity with Satoshi Nakamoto's masterpiece thanks to nChain which cleaned the code of the successive incrementations (SegWit and others) that Core had imposed by voice of community BIP against what Satoshi has created. I'm convinced that BitcoinSV (BSV) original XBT is the best technological opportunity of capacity for use and stable build on original Bitcoin protocol.
ramzx

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 12:48:26 PM

Hello,
We make Advanced CryptoCurrency Exchanges with a reasonable price and Good Support.
check : ramzx.net
Bitcoin SV (BSV)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 05:37:32 PM

Bitcoin SV Node software releases v1.0.7

It’s live! Previously, we covered the key feature of the newest node update to Bitcoin SV: the end of the ancestor limit. But there are a few more changes of note.

Steve Shadders, nChain CTO, Technical Director of the Bitcoin SV Infrastructure team, (and the man that no small blocker is willing to debate), hinted at the release over the holidays, but now the prize is here and ready to sync up the chain!

Naturally, Shadders is onto the next project, so we can discuss the current release in detail.  

According to the node team, “Version 1.0.7 upgrade is a beta release from version 1.0.6.” So the changes are mostly small, but be sure to know the risks before upgrading critical infrastructure to the new release.

What has been changed?

● CPFP and ancestor limit extended from 25 to 1000 transactions.
This is the big change! After the block size limit, the ancestor limit was the next most difficult problem to work around. Until this week, a typical user of Twetch might find themselves unable to interact with people for more than a few minutes before they hit the dreaded speed limit and had to wait for a block. This was a nightmare for user experience!

Money Button, MetaStreme and others created workarounds for the irritating limitation, but now honest nodes on the network and the wallets they serve will not have to mess around anymore! With this new simplification and expansion of limits, we will likely see transaction processors opening up their limits quickly to allow the creation of very long chains of transactions.

With a 1000 ancestor limit from an unconfirmed parent transaction, assuming a ten minute block time, users will be able to make more than one transaction per second in near perpetuity. This is revolutionary, and a first of its kind in the blockchain economy! Making estimations as to how rapidly new use cases will be adopted by the economy is anyone’s guess, but this is one more superlative to add to an increasingly long list of reasons to use Bitcoin SV for business.

● Legacy block assembler removed; support for low priority / free transactions removed.
Related to the ancestor limit change in BSV vs BTC, blocks in “Bitcoin” Core (BTC) nodes do some transaction reordering because of the limited block space. BTC miners want to be sure to pick up the most profitable transactions while being able to push out lower fee transactions in mempool while focusing on profits. With no block size limit, and no ancestor limit, such tailoring is unnecessary, and therefore, some efficiency can be made with the code by trimming it back. In short, fewer functions = more efficiency for the new BSV node version!

● Refactoring of CoinView
Some more house-keeping related to the ancestry limit change. Since the mempool’s relationship to longer chain limits has now changed, this too has been simplified. “CoinView” needed minor changes from previous versions.

● P2P improvements
Per usual, with focus on peer-to-peer functionality, some minor changes were made due to the change in ancestor limits. Since this version is a beta upgrade from version 1.0.6, interested parties should see the big steps in P2P functionality with “SPV Channels” and the newest version of mAPI which were covered in detail here.

We asked Shadders if he could illuminate the improvements to make sure nothing important was overshadowed by the ancestor limit news, and it’s good that we asked:

The P2P improvements are fairly major actually! We are now capable of opening multiple connections between peers. Previously, they were broken into a ‘control’ channel and a ‘data’ channel. The general idea is that if you send a large Tx message in the queue to be sent out over the connection, they can block other higher priority messages (e.g. block announcements) until the tx messages clear the queue. By separating the control channel from the data channel we get priority messages out promptly and vastly improve the efficiency with which nodes can sync in high throughput environments.

With new efficiency comes the opening up of new market opportunities. We’re looking forward to seeing what exciting new uses come from this important update to the SV Node.

See also: Steve Shadders’ presentation at CoinGeek Live, Bitcoin SV Technical Update: Infrastructure for the World Blockchain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8nZhC_9WA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to BitCoin Devs & Cass Clark - Kurt Wuckert Jr https://coingeek.com/the-bitcoin-sv-node-software-releases-v1-0-7/

New to Bitcoin? Check out CoinGeek’s Bitcoin for Beginners section, the ultimate resource guide to learn more about Bitcoin—as originally envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto—and blockchain.
BSVfan

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 07:02:43 PM

Theory of Bitcoin: Craig Wright explains what’s going on with those copyright claims

You’ll want to watch the latest episode of “Theory of Bitcoin” as it’s especially topical—Bitcoin creator Dr. Craig S. Wright and Fabriik’s Ryan X. Charles talk about Dr. Wright’s flurry of copyright claims against BTC-related projects. It’s one of the first times he’s spoken at length about why this is happening, and as always he’s got a lot to say.

It’s a discussion full of warnings: for BTC investors, developers, associated projects and those who offer their support to them.

https://twitter.com/theoryofbitcoin/status/1353843569572777984

“I see there being no way around this being a giant disaster in the financial world,” says Charles, adding that he sees many in the digital asset industry as thinking only about short-term gains, without thinking any of the details through.

“My plans are for the next 30 years,” Wright replies.

When asked about Square, he takes aim at Silicon Valley and its ethical standards once again. The so-called “gig economy” aims to outsource all labor—and with it, responsibility, risk and legal liability—to independent third-parties. He suggests the real motive is not to transform work, but something more cynical. Square in particular, Dr. Wright says, has little interest in supporting Bitcoin but is looking for something to use for settlements instead of SWIFT, and is happy to hand off all liability to its independent-contractor team of blockchain developers. These are the people who’ll end up in the most trouble.

Charles has been taking a devil’s advocate role more frequently in recent episodes, allowing Dr. Wright to respond to some of the most fervent criticisms he faces. Wright’s view of Bitcoin may be correct but it’s definitely the “minority one,” he points out. It’ll be a difficult challenge to sway everyone’s opinion.

This is why it’s so important to establish what the “real” Bitcoin is and who gets to determine how it’s used, who owns the transaction database and, ultimately, whose opinion matters most.

Dr. Wright has no love for (Twitter CEO and Square co-founder) Jack Dorsey. He says BTC only has the image/acceptance it has due to large Silicon Valley companies promoting it, and silencing dissent. Their complete control over public discourse, official narratives and access to information is more “anti-news” than news, which is where their power really lies.

There are serious financial implications (to supporting BTC) too, Dr. Wright says. When he issued Bitcoin in 2009, it had a value of zero. The “airdropped” BTC asset—launched in August 2017 when the chain accepting segregated witness transactions split from the original protocol rules—is legally an “airdropped” token. Since Bitcoin in August 2017 had a unit value around US$4,000 and a market cap in the tens of billions, it has several more liabilities. Not many people are considering this potential outcome… but they should.

He also warned people who were now registering their own copyrights to the Bitcoin white paper, suggesting it was a bad idea to publicly commit fraud on a government platform. Perhaps they think it’s a joke, or they’re doing something good, Wright says. There are a lot of well-meaning but ignorant people in the industry.

And they shouldn’t blame him for pointing out the realities they’re facing, he says.

“Really, it comes down to… people see money, and they don’t want to think about it. They’re sitting there going ‘this is how it works, why? Because I’ve been told. Because coin goes up.’ And they’re afraid that might change. I’m making money … don’t rock the boat. But the boat’s going to be rocked. And if I don’t do it, someone else will.”

He doesn’t enjoy taking the action he’s taking, but it’s necessary: “If I have to do this to prove I’m right, then I will.”

It’s a “Theory of Bitcoin” episode full of warnings and clarifications. In fact, of all the discussion in this series it’s probably the one even opponents of BSV should watch… and take note. There’s a lot more to Bitcoin, its creator and its 12-year history than most assume. It’s good to know what lies between all those knowledge gaps.

To watch previous episodes of the Theory of Bitcoin, subscribe to the Theory of Bitcoin YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qsCjXNXfiQfKYox339lZg/featured .

Source: https://coingeek.com/theory-of-bitcoin-craig-wright-explains-whats-going-on-with-those-copyright-claims/ Thanks to Jon Southurst

Bitcoin SV (BSV)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 07:22:11 PM

BSV Virtual Meetup – EMEA Online, February 4, 2021

INFO:

Join us for Bitcoin Association’s first BSV Virtual Meetup of 2021 – focused on the EMEA region.

On the 1-year anniversary of the Bitcoin SV network’s “Genesis” hard fork to restore Bitcoin’s original protocol, our founding president Jimmy Nguyen invites you to join him for an online discussion about the impact of Genesis and latest industry news.

While the time is selected for evening in the EMEA region, we welcome participants from anywhere across the globe! So much is happening in Bitcoin SV, so join us to learn more.

AGENDA

● Opening remarks | Jimmy Nguyen – Founding President, Bitcoin Association
● “Genesis”: looking back and a technical look forward | Steve Shadders – Technical Director, Bitcoin SV Infrastructure Team
● More special guests from the Bitcoin SV ecosystem
● Q & A

Visit Official Website

Source: https://bitcoinassociation.net/events/bsv-virtual-meetup-emea/
hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 07:30:06 AM

More things to clear -  trolls running wild over twitter (constructing more basless social media hate ... anonymous criminals ...)

https://coingeek.com/theory-of-bitcoin-craig-wright-explains-whats-going-on-with-those-copyright-claims/

but

Always Look at the Bright New Things to Come

https://coingeek.com/the-bitcoin-bridge-looks-nbdomain-and-blockchain-identity-with-jeff-chen/

Cheesy

$romain

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 04:35:57 PM

Shocked You should see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXUOSCGfuJA
Bitcoin SV (BSV)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 04:42:59 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2021, 02:28:55 AM by Bitcoin SV (BSV)

✓ Now nChain has a workforce of over 200 employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jDlqQkknI&feature=emb_logo

✓ nChain patents =  2464 patents applied 😉

Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 05:02:17 PM

What they don't want you to see about Craig Wright and BitCoin (BSV, Satoshi Vision) is indeed very instructive

Do_zzze

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 05:05:26 PM

It's crazy but what is he doing with all these patents?

Simply.... They are building tomorrow's world now

hv_

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 05:21:54 PM

all based on Bitcoin - scaled - industrial - compliant

Pastaga

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:37:28 PM

all based on Bitcoin - scaled - industrial - compliant
I understand better now I'm discovering Bitcoin SV and now I'm with great attention, I noticed that as soon as I quote BSV here and there in the forum or on social networks the interlocutors shout: attention scam when I ask them to expain to me all ppl becomes lame based on pedo, not sato, scam, useless fork. I do not understand why there is so much animosity and anti BSV? Why don't crypto people recognize BSV as legitimate Bitcoin?

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: