Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 225832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1596 posts by 1 users with 340 merit deleted.)
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:00:18 AM

Interesting times to come
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5147618.msg51229651#msg51229651

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:09:22 AM

Again. If he had named it BTC Wall Observer, then you may have a point. But he did not. So neither do you.

I did not. But of course I meant BTC. Isn't that Bitcoin?

No cut and dried answer to that.

BTC currently has the bulk of the mindshare. So based upon that possibly fleeting condition, it has a reasonable argument for being 'true' Bitcoin. For now.

Other chains (e.g., SV or BCH) are also SHA-256 PoW coins, with an unbroken lineage traced back to Satoshi's genesis block. Unlike BTC's ephemeral claim on the title based upon nothing but market share, these chains make a claim of Bitcoin-ness based upon inherent characteristics of their design. Such as adhering much more faithfully to the Satoshi protocol than does BTC.

This early in Bitcoin, the world is not yet infected. We are playing a long game. In time, BTC's market share might dwindle. Probably will, once blocks again become persistently full, resulting in cratered utility. At which point, BTC's claim on the Bitcoin name, being based upon nothing but market share, will dwindle in direct proportion.

As SV's market share approaches that of BTC, the answer to your question will be seen as a tossup by the masses.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:00:15 AM

And there you have it, the new leader of the BSV thread.

Everybody give a round of applause for your new captain, jbreher.

BSV isn't gaining ground on bitcoin -- its price proportional to BTC has been steadily falling since its inception. The trend is down. The effect of Wright's most recent stunt will prove to be a short lived affair.

The only thing BSV accomplished thus far was effectively diminishing BCH's price relative to BTC as well. There are now two forks lead by egos and totally dependent on the success of the real bitcoin to have a shot at tricking new users into believing that they are the "real" bitcoin.

"Unbroken lineage" = a copy, which anybody can do. I could do it right now if I wanted.

You should have learned from Ver and BCH already that nobody wants to use a coin built on a foundation of dishonesty and deception.

Can't believe I took you off ignore just to read more of the same refried propaganda.

Trading price In BTC increasing.

Given the multi billion dollar marketcap you cannot say ‘nobody’

You are still the leader of this thread nutildah, you post the most here. To ‘protect’ people.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
jamespastagueule

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:20:32 PM

Shades of black and the future of Bitcoin

Dr. Craig Wright, the Chief Scientist at nChain and the man who has been identified as Satoshi Nakamoto, is diligently working to clear up the confusion regarding Bitcoin. After sitting back and watching as the original idea of cryptocurrency was changed to suit the whims of certain people who could barely pronounce currency, alone understand how economics work, Wright has been setting the record straight with insightful publications that need to be ready by anyone even remotely involved with crypto and blockchains. His latest, Shades of Black ( https://craigwright.net/blog/bitcoin-blockchain-tech/shades-of-black/ ), goes a long way toward showing the difference between the virtues of Bitcoin – a lawful, orderly endeavor – and virtually all other offerings found today that only seek chaos and anonymity.

Bitcoin can do something that the world desperately needs – it can help promote a better society. Wright explains, “Bitcoin will work because it stays within law in a manner that allows most nations to set policies. Bitcoin doesn’t help corrupt governments; to such governments Bitcoin would be their worst nightmare… It is not an anarchist system — nor one that allows people to breach the rules that are set to create a stable world.”

Those that would want to bypass government-led rules are the same that would bypass crypto rules. In other words, they’re the ones that are prone to gaming the system and conducting fraud and crime. These individuals have existed since the beginning of time and will continue to exist. However, Bitcoin is able to provide an added layer of protection and operate in an enhanced setting that can help cut down on the scammers and fraudsters.

Wright adds, “I designed Bitcoin in a way that ensures that groups such as Binance who seek to facilitate money laundering and crime will always fail. They defraud you in telling you that they are decentralised and cannot be controlled. A blockchain is only decentralised when the developers and those in charge of the protocol cannot change the rules. Bitcoin is a system that was set in stone. If the protocol is changed, then it shows and demonstrates it is not Bitcoin.”

Certain crypto projects – Bitcoin Core (BTC) included – want to introduce greater anonymity to their platforms. At the same time, they are looking to introduce fully autonomous ransomware that can never be traced back to its developers. In doing so, they are complicit in creating a criminal system that allows thieves to operate with impunity.

“Bitcoin, importantly, allows free government to compete. I did not want a system that would block any country from enacting rules that it saw as being fair and that did not impede those of another country,” asserts Wright.” To that end, Bitcoin, in its original form and in the form seen only by Bitcoin SV (BSV), is functioning to work within the boundaries established by governments and, as such, by society. Anything less than that is anarchy. As Wright puts it, “‘Doing anything you want’ is not a system that is free. Freedom comes within society, and it comes with rules.”

Source: https://craigwright.net/blog/bitcoin-blockchain-tech/shades-of-black/

BOoOBa

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:38:52 PM

I found the agenda for this wonderful conference to follow on BSV. I will be there with great pleasure but incognito..... https://coingeek.com/conferences/toronto-conference/agenda/
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 03:13:42 PM

dumb troll ranting detected ^ bot

Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:09:44 PM

Everybody give a round of applause for your new captain, jbreher.

<<raises arms over head>> Thank You ... Thank You ... Thank You all.

BSV isn't gaining ground on bitcoin -- its price proportional to BTC has been steadily falling since its inception.

Hmm. CMC says BTC is up 13% in the last seven days. This warms my cockles.
But what's this!? BSV is up 94% over the same period!? Impossibru!

Can't believe I took you off ignore just to read more of the same refried propaganda.

But you just couldn't help it, could you? Perv.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:53:16 PM

Beta release of https://tokenized.com/ (smart contracts).

https://coingeek.com/tokenized-protocol-for-bitcoin-sv-bsv-beta-release/

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
jamespastagueule

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:44:44 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2019, 12:34:12 AM by jamespastagueule

Tokenized Protocol for Bitcoin SV (BSV) – Beta Release

Tokenized Group Pty Ltd has announced the official public release of the Tokenized Protocol Beta. The Tokenized Protocol is a comprehensive, regulation-friendly solution for businesses to create tokens for real world assets on the Bitcoin SV (BSV) blockchain. This is a huge milestone for the Tokenized team, and they are excited to share their work with the world.

“We look forward to helping everyone in the ecosystem add support for the open-source Tokenized Protocol in their own projects. We also welcome all users, organizations, developers, governments, and investors to reach out and find out how the Tokenized Protocol can benefit them. The best place to engage with us is in our Telegram group or our community forum,” said James Belding, Founder and CEO of Tokenized. “We believe our solution is the best token and smart contract system on the market, by far, and combined with the unrivalled scaling capabilities of the Bitcoin SV (BSV) network, we believe we can systemically improve the way our world engages in voluntary exchange.”

The beta version represents a major upgrade from the alpha version, and the Tokenized team released a comprehensive set of documentation to allow developers to get a proper sense of what it can do. The documentation has also been created in such a way that less technically inclined people will still be able to understand and get value out of reading through it.

The beta version has introduced many important and innovative features that make Tokenized a very compelling value proposition for tokenizing real-world assets on the BSV blockchain. The team focused on building a system that works ‘out of the box’. To make sure they achieved this goal, the Tokenized team tailored the protocol to work within the realm of current regulatory frameworks and within the confines of law in common jurisdictions around the world.

James adds “There is still a lot of work to be done in educating regulators, however, we are confident that all of the pieces are now in place to allow the protocol to be adopted globally as a replacement for all of the current financial messaging protocols.”

Key Features of the Tokenized Protocol Beta:

• Support for a diverse array of asset types: Common Shares (SHC), Loyalty & Reward Points, Coupons, Currencies, Admission Tickets, and Memberships (with many more assets types to be announced soon)
• Multi-asset atomic swaps
• On-chain messaging for orchestrating the signing of multi-signature, threshold signature, and token exchange transactions (and more)
• Smart contract support for Identity Oracles ensuring issuers can comply with KYC, AML, CTF laws, even in secondary trading, all whilst maintaining user privacy
• Governance features that allow for an improved UX for organizational governance, all on-chain and completely managed by smart contracts
• Customizable voting systems that will allow for pseudonymous, secure and corruption-free votes. Votes can be cast from a smart phone or laptop computer.
• The voting system is technically capable of being used for all types of votes from local all the way up to national elections. (Citizenship tokens coming soon)
• Enforcement features that allow for legal authorities to issue on-chain and digitally signed court orders which can provide justification for smart contract-controlled freezing, thawing, and confiscation of tokens
• Capable of allowing banks and governments to tokenize national currencies ushering in a new paradigm of ultra-low-cost transactions, microtransactions and ~2 second clearing and settlement times.
• The Tokenized Protocol can replace traditional bank-to-bank financial messaging systems as well as payment systems provided by credit card companies
• Business friendly and sensitive to the real needs of different regulatory environments worldwide.

Tokenized is a company on a mission to build tools and solutions to unlock the value in Bitcoin for mainstream business and consumer users. They are firm in their belief that BSV is the only protocol that adheres to Satoshi Nakamoto’s original design of Bitcoin, and they believe firmly that it’s the only protocol that can work at scale. Tokenized intends to release their 10-year plan publicly in the next 6-18 months. This Beta release represents their first step in the 10-year plan which is to bring practical smart contracts and tokens to Bitcoin SV.

In 2018, the Tokenized team was selected as winner of CoinGeek’s £5M tokenisation solution contest for Bitcoin. CoinGeek, founded by billionaire technology entrepreneur Calvin Ayre, is one of the key backers of Bitcoin SV (BSV) as the only project following Bitcoin’s original design, protocol and massive-scaling vision. Ayre comments:

“The original Bitcoin design and protocol – created by Craig Wright – had everything it ever needed to power a vast array of technical capabilities – including creating tokens of real-world assets. Bitcoin is also massively scaling now, only in the form of BSV. Businesses will soon see their token needs won’t be satisfied by Ethereum’s scaling problems, but will instead be powered on BSV as the only blockchain with the scaling roadmap for enterprise token usage made easily possible by the Tokenized protocol.”

To learn more about the Tokenized solution, come to the CoinGeek Toronto conference on May 29-30 in Toronto, Canada. Tokenized CEO James Belding will be speaking about the updated Tokenized Protocol.

For more information please visit the website https://tokenized.com/

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:32:31 AM

Don't play dumb jbreher. We both know it's mostly because BTC is rallying.

BSV doubled because BTC went up by 1/6? OK, if you say so.

Who's playing dumb here?

sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 12:20:21 PM

Don't play dumb jbreher. We both know it's mostly because BTC is rallying.
Other than that, BSV did gain ground compared to BTC (from 0.008 to 0.013 per Shit Vision), which will probably loose (again) - before Craig goes to jail.

So what’s the other portion?

3 ways bitcoin is Turing Complete.

https://youtu.be/QJ1DTeexpvA

Not convinced big blocks are the solution? WATCH FROM 15:15.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 04:31:32 PM

If bsv does not go well, we all go back and work on it to get it fixed, like we saved the true protocol for the rest of the world.

If bsv goes good, and that we see now, all are invited to share the happiness.

Even trolls are welcome since there was always the role for the harlequin

ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:37:55 PM

Good to know
https://twitter.com/FloatSVcom/status/1133272587084140546

motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:39:42 PM

With such rises of bitcoin and bitcoin SV in the same period, is it appropriate to call Bitcoin SV is a real bitcoin because it outperformed BTC recent hours? Some says bitcoin SV is a real bitcoin and BTC is an outdate, and fake bitcoin. Some others say Bitcoin SV is just another shit forks and altcoins. I don't care too much about such discussion, because whichever crypto currencies can bring better profits in the same period of investments, should be prioritzingly considered for our portfolio.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:51:17 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2019, 06:24:02 AM by ðºÞæ

Check timezones for the livestream for scaling conference
https://vimeo.com/338857646/9e3ace4778
https://coingeek.com/coingeek-bitcoin-scaling-conference-live-stream/

jamespastagueule

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:09:03 AM

Smiley

If you have your BCH in your wallet as of the fork on November 14, 2018 (when BSV was created) and you have not split since to receive your BSV here is a very simple solution.

Send your undivided BCH to your exchanger wallet https://floatsv.com
and your transfer will be split automatically into BSV and BCH ratio 1 = 1. Works like magic;)

At this moment 1 BSV = + $120

After, you just have to repatriate your funds to your personal wallet

Source: https://twitter.com/FloatSVcom/status/1133272587084140546

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 08:44:34 PM

Watch

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/calvin-ayre-invest-in-bitcoin-sv-not-other-crypto-tokens~1694302

This

Shocked

BOoOBa

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:50:49 AM

BSV +95% not surprising, we understand why! if you attended the conference then you will understand.
BOoOBa

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 01:14:53 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 01:33:44 AM by BOoOBa

Today BSV to increase to +98% with a market cap of $4116534356 following the interventions of more than specialists at the Coingeek conference in Canada in Toronto:

Jimmy Nguyen Founding President, Bitcoin Association, President, Strategic Advisory Council, nChain talk very good to BSV road.

Then a presentation of infrastructure with Bitcoin SV Node: A Development Update with the Bitcoin SV Node Team including Daniel Conolly - Lead Developer and Steve Shadders - Technical Director.

Then there was the Building a BSV block explorer presented by Simon Ordish
Co-founder, WhatsonChain.com

Then BSV Scaling Test Network led by Brad Kristensen
Operations Manager, Bitcoin SV Scaling Test Network Developer, nChain.

User experience condition The peer-to-peer payment experience   
presented by Maria Eugenia Lopez Experience Designer, Money Button.

Then a debate WeChat wallet and boarding of the Chinese user   
Lin Zheming Co-founder and CEO, Mempool.

The afternoon was devoted to the Developer Experience, Developer Documentation and Getting Started with BSV Development Ryan X. Charles Founder and CEO, Money Button.

nChain's Nakasendo SDK for Javascript led by Matej Trampuš CEO, CREA d.o.o.

Using _unwriter Tools on BSV   
bye Josh Henslee from Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP Consultant

The subject Tokenized: Building tokens on BSV by James Belding Co-founder & CEO, Tokenized.

Discussion forum The Metanet project * presented by Jack Davies Researcher, nChain.

A whole other epic subject Unlocking the mysteries of Bitcoin Script   
presented by the distinguished Dr. Craig S. Wright Chief Scientist, nChain

Then followed by: The future for BSV developers: Panel discussion   
Jerry Chan - Managing Director, SBI Group and Ryan X. Charles - Founder & CEO Money Button and Jack C. Liu - Founder of FloatSV and RelayX and Rafael Jimenez Seibane - Technical Director, HandCash

This conference was rich in the knowledge sharing and divulgation of the acquired knowledge. BSV is a strong, solid project and ambitions commensurate with the crypto phenomenon. There will be other surprises to come tomorrow for the second day of this wonderful conference.
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:23:37 AM

To be honest i don't really like any Bitcoin fork, but i'm happy to see Bitcoin SV rising, its a nice middle finger to all major exchanges who delisted it, becuase of a stupid action of CW. There should be no such thing to delist a coin coin because of stupid statement, be it a sh*tcoin or not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: