Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 225759 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1596 posts by 1 users with 340 merit deleted.)
jamespastagueule

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:37:50 PM

Toronto: The past, present and future of Bitcoin

You know you’ve been to a good conference when you leave with loads of interesting bits of information, combined with a better sense of the big picture. On both counts, CoinGeek Toronto was a resounding success. But it’s another measure that I’d say was even more important: there was a palpable feeling of confidence in the Bitcoin SV (BSV) ecosystem and where it’s heading.

At the last CoinGeek conference, in London in November, Jimmy Nguyen, president of the Bitcoin Association had stood on stage to say it was time for Bitcoin to “grow up and professionalise”. In Toronto, although he hadn’t entirely dropped his favourite mantra, he hardly needed it any more. The evidence was all around him.

To pick a couple of examples, almost at random: Cole Diamond, co-founder of CoinSquare, a Toronto startup, talked about using Bitcoin to bring the entire financial services industry onto one platform. The peer to peer lending it enables will reduce the cost of borrowing and mortgages. In case there was any doubt, at the end of his presentation, Cole remarked that “everybody in this room is on the right track”.

Cole was just one of several speakers who talked about how the Bitcoin world and the financial establishment were going to be able to work together productively.

Then there were the finalists of the BSV Hackathon competition, who were equally confident about the future. Attila from TonicPow explained that a “Tonic” is a peer to peer online ad. Why not use blockchain technology to connect website owners directly with those who want to pay them to advertise on their site? And Hayden Donnelly’s Polyglot product is designed to help people use the Metanet more easily. His aim is “to open up the Metanet for entry-level developers and everyday people.” (You’ll know he’s succeeded when Microsoft’s spell check stops putting a red line underneath every time you write “Metanet”.)

If the Hackathon finalists were the up and coming generation, established BSV entrepreneurs like Jack Liu, Alex Agut and Rafael Seibane from HandCash and Ryan X. Charles of Moneybutton weren’t resting on their laurels. Jack’s new RelayX is integrating BSV and fiat payment platforms, Handcash is looking at ways to offer “Bitcoin as a service” and Moneybutton is powering ahead with new products such as Paymail, with a staff of only three: Ryan in Silicon Valley, with two colleagues in Argentina.

So much for the present and the future – what about the past? Well that was amply covered in Jimmy Nguyen’s interview with Dr. Craig Wright. It was a revealing and sometimes emotional session, going back to the origins of Bitcoin and Craig’s work as Satoshi Nakamoto, its pseudonymous creator. Craig said he’d started thinking about electronic money as far back as the 1990s, with an early idea for a paid network that he freely admits was “a failed, totally stupid concept”.

The work that led to the Bitcoin White Paper began in earnest around 2005 when he was studying at Newcastle University in New South Wales. On the question of whether he worked alone or had help, Craig replied that “everyone has help”. He mentioned Hal Finney and Dave Kleiman (“my best friend for a long time”) but to Jimmy’s direct “did you write the White Paper?” Craig answered definitively: “yes”.

“Who managed Satoshi’s email box?,” Jimmy enquired. “Primarily me,” Craig said. And it was “generally me” who answered posts on message boards, although it was occasionally Dave Kleiman.

On the first day that Bitcoin was released, it was managed on 69 computers, Craig said, some in his house, and some on a farm, a three hour drive away. When Microsoft decided to update its software in that first week, it messed up the whole Bitcoin system and Craig had to make numerous three hour drives between the house and the farm to sort things out.

Craig ended with a moving tribute to his wife and family for putting up with him, which more than one person told me afterwards had left them in tears. “I’m better than I was,” he said, but “I’ll never be nice.”

Craig’s final message was one which felt appropriate to end the whole conference. Despite the complex and technical nature of Bitcoin, Craig is clear that the point of it is to allow people to deal with people. This is not a technology that is designed to take over and dominate our lives: “I don’t want a world where we have people isolated by machines”.

It was an ambition that many of the entrepreneurs who’d spoken earlier had echoed in practical terms: we need to work to get the technology out of people’s way; the goal is to make the world and our transactions with each other, simpler, more accountable and frictionless. Craig thanked everyone for what they were doing in taking forward what he’d started. The audience rose to give him warm, appreciative thanks – both for the openness of his interview with Jimmy and, it felt, for Bitcoin itself.

Source: https://coingeek.com/toronto-the-past-present-and-future-of-bitcoin/

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BOoOBa

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:41:28 PM

Craig Wright has filed a copyright claim with the US Copyright Office in the United States on the Bitcoin White Paper. According to Emin Gün Sirer, professor at Cornell -Ithaka New York, it is specified that according to the Berne Treaty, copyright belongs to the author and that the deposit of copyright for the original content is unnecessary. Copyright does not imply authorship and does not mean that the plaintiff created the content.
Intellectual property expert Alex Meijas says that once you have received a patent, all derivative works are also legally owned by you. This means that Craig Wright can potentially sue Bitcoin Cash and other forks for violating his work.

Yes CRW, this person seems to be honest because he explains that BSV's vision is a conversion to change what the BitcoinCore team has produced. (This confuses the new BTC programmer with the overlay of the Lightning network core, making the process illegal by not recording transactions in the block chain.) It recreates the cleaning protocol step (Bitcoin) with a clean version with unlimited block size and Op_return protection. Before starting, they would fix other people's conditions of the new nChain roadmap is as follows: figure https://bitcoinsv.io/roadmap/. see.

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 08:24:04 PM

He was granted copyright to Bitcoin whitepaper and version 0.01 of code

No MIT license on the whitepaper
As he has the bitcoin copyright he can go to US Court and ask to issue an order for BCH and BTC to REMOVE the Bitcoin white paper from their network, their documents, their sale materials, and web sites such as Bitcoin.com, Bitcoin.org

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:21:33 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2019, 06:43:44 AM by ðºÞæ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750.msg8140#msg8140

https://youtu.be/vzCrsem5syg?t=192
"Stiff" Aussie slang, most would not even know such a word exist.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 09:46:05 AM

ViaBTC is moving

so, let the games begin

https://twitter.com/yhaiyang/status/1135453519522041856

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Bitcoin SV (OP)

Activity: 626
Merit: 234

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 12:11:18 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 02:29:51 AM by Bitcoin SV

AudioB launches music on the Bitcoin SV blockchain
https://coingeek.com/audiob-launches-music-on-the-bitcoin-sv-blockchain
jamespastagueule

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:38:27 PM

CoinGeek Toronto Conference 2019 Main Day highlights >>> https://youtu.be/7VtJbckp-dY

Bigger blocks, massive scaling, and no limits. That was the theme of the CoinGeek Conference Toronto 2019, where all Bitcoin professionals from around the world gathered to talk not only about Bitcoin SV (BSV) developments, but also why massive on-chain scaling is essential for the ecosystem to move forward.

The main conference showcased high-caliber speeches and panel discussions—the hallmark of CoinGeek events. Special features include finalist presentations for the Bitcoin Association’s first BSV Hackathon, and a special intimate conversation with nChain Chief Scientist Dr. Craig S. Wright about the beginnings of Bitcoin.

Ryan X. Charles, CEO of Money Button, discussed “Digital Storage and Digital Rights Management on the BSV Blockchain with Money Button.” He tells us what it actually means to use massive on-chain scaling in a real business.

“Individual companies can often need terabyte size blocks just by themselves depending on what they do, so we need to scale massively because we’re going to put more than just one company—we’re going to put an entire industry, we’re also going to put the entire world’s economy on this,” Charles said. “The reason why that matter is it’s not even just payments. You actually can put real data on the blockchain too, and so the sizes start getting very, very large. If you need properties like, I really want this contract to be encrypted but also stored permanently and immutably so that no one can alter it after the fact, you put the actual contract on the blockchain. That takes data.”

Indie game developer Kronoverse https://coingeek.com/bitcoin-sv-powered-kronoverse-set-to-revolutionize-gaming-industry/ built its platform for the BSV blockchain after seeing how the network is making unlimited scaling a unique reality. David Case, chief architect of Kronoverse, explains why BSV was their only choice:

“Well really, BSV is kind of like our only choice… it solves all the problems that we’ve been [having], and we’ve spent a year and half in R&D, [actually] over a year trying to just explore everything that’s out there in the blockchain space… Every step of the way, we had to solve all sorts of other problems, build all sorts of other toolings, and the scale and just being able to rely on the commodity blockchain that we don’t have to worry about how to solve the consensus aspect but yet having the scaling and the cheap transactions, just… it’s our only choice.”

For his presentation, Bitstocks CEO Michael Hudson talked about “Banking on BSV,” giving the audience an overview of what they can expect from Bitstocks’ groundbreaking Bitcoin banking ecosystem, Gravity.

“What we are launching first is the ability of the investment service, so the ability to hold Bitcoin [Core], Bitcoin Cash as well as obviously Bitcoin SV. The logic behind that is to enable people who might have a different view as what Bitcoin really is and while they’re going on their inevitable journey of discovery they have access to then convert their assets into SV if they wish to make that decision to then interact with the wider Gravity ecosystem, so that will be the current accounts, the debit cards, the loan systems, Gravity Pro which eventually is going to be some other cool things, I’m not going to announce right now, but they’re all going to be exclusively on Bitcoin SV. I don’t want to ostracize the Bitcoin Core community or the Bitcoin Cash community because they’ve been essentially miss-sold what Bitcoin is. We want to help support them and provide the infrastructure if they so wish to then have a much better experience that’s more in line with what we believe Bitcoin to be, which is Bitcoin SV,” Hudson tells us.

One of the highlights of CoinGeek Toronto scaling conference is a fireside chat with Founding President of the Bitcoin Association Jimmy Nguyen and Dr. Craig Wright, the person behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto and creator of Bitcoin. The two’s wide ranging discussion included topics like the beginning of Bitcoin—Nguyen opened the fireside by asking Wright, “Did you create Bitcoin?”—as well as the destiny that Bitcoin was created to achieve, and how Bitcoin SV (BSV) is fulfilling the destiny of Satoshi Vision.

In an interview with CoinGeek, Wright shared how it feels to see people building and moving the future forward for something he created. He said, “It’s good to see the energy and the vibrancy of the place at the moment. It’s wonderful.”

Wright also has this to say about Bitcoin and its future: “Bitcoin is an immutable evidence trail. It is a single global ledger. Once we roll it out, we’re going to make fraud expensive, fraud difficult. We’re going to make it so that people can actually trust money, trust negotiating with people, and because there’s no way to get away with something bad, there’s a record kept of everything, that’s what we’re seeking.”

Review source: https://coingeek.com/coingeek-toronto-conference-2019-main-day-highlights-video/

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:40:36 PM

is there a desktop pc qt-wallet for bitcoin sv? i can not find it. i am only familiar with qt-wallets and do not want to install any other wallet. thanks.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:58:27 PM

is there a desktop pc qt-wallet for bitcoin sv? i can not find it. i am only familiar with qt-wallets and do not want to install any other wallet. thanks.
Never seen one come to think of it.
None here
https://bitcoinassociation.net/ecosystem/wallets/
or here
https://bitcoinsv.io/services/wallets-and-exchanges/
or on the side bar here
https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoincashSV/

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:18:29 PM

Never seen one come to think of it.
None here
https://bitcoinassociation.net/ecosystem/wallets/
or here
https://bitcoinsv.io/services/wallets-and-exchanges/
or on the side bar here
https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoincashSV/
ok, thanks. i thought i had only overlooked the qt-wallet. anyway, i will take a look at the other wallets. lets see if i can handle a new wallet.
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:11:57 AM

btc couldn't handle the increasing bsv price and began to fall Smiley

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:38:54 AM

They discuss copyright law in the ‘anarco-capitalism’ section of reddit? That’s quite contradicting

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
alevlaslo

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:30:02 PM

CSW promised to bring down btc from 6000 to 1000 six times, but was able to half and now promised to increase the bsv six times, so he will also increase twice Smiley

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 02:56:26 PM

They discuss copyright law in the ‘anarco-capitalism’ section of reddit? That’s quite contradicting

Human with fear can focus way better to learn. Even law what might be hated #1

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 12:23:56 AM

https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/squire-enters-into-a-binding-letter-of-intent-with-core-scientific-for-hosting-of-blockchain-cloud-20190604-00893

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Bitcoin SV (OP)

Activity: 626
Merit: 234

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:42:16 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 02:29:31 AM by Bitcoin SV

CEO Hayato Kameta on why Zweispace chose Bitcoin SV
https://coingeek.com/ceo-hayato-kameta-on-why-zweispace-chose-bitcoin-sv
notabeliever

Activity: 721
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:46:12 AM

Don't forget to mine in the P2P pools

crypto.mine.nu:6339

p2p-usa.xyz:6339

to name a few
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:15:22 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 04:38:32 AM by ðºÞæ

With every halving cheap electric is less important and over time fast connection becomes more important
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/06/04/1864234/0/en/Squire-Enters-Into-a-Binding-Letter-of-Intent-With-Core-Scientific-for-Hosting-of-Blockchain-Cloud-Computing-Assets.html

Just for giggles as the shitcoiners get bitchslapped

alevlaslo

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 03:57:52 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 05:02:29 AM by alevlaslo

why sell so many coins at once and scare people?

https://twitter.com/Aleksan00743929/status/1136670053443743744

walls sold or removed? The price fell to 175, probably they sold at the time

very soon raise the price because it will be connected miners at 4000ph and to compensate for the increased complexity will have to increase the price, otherwise the equipment will not pay off

jamespastagueule

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 03:42:19 PM

BitBoss updates Keyring libraries for BSV

BitBoss, a blockchain-centered company with a focus on gaming platforms and solutions, has been busy developing on the Bitcoin SV (BSV) blockchain. It recently introduced its new Keyring JavaScript libraries https://coingeek.com/bitboss-releases-javascript-library-for-bitcoin-sv-wallets/ , designed to help developers code applications that are able to create and sign transactions on the network, a solution that facilitates the easy creation of new cryptocurrency wallets. Keyring was just launched last month, and BitBoss continues to make it better, providing yet more real-world applications for the BSV network.

In a Medium post from this past Monday, Alex Shore of BitBoss announced the updates, stating, “The latest version includes 3 new plugins that offer functionality for validating transactions as well as both MessagePack and CBOR data encoding.”

He added, “The validation plugin allows a BSV developer to easily verify a transaction before sending it off to a BSV node. This plugin adds a validate method to the Keyring transaction instance. It checks that a transaction has inputs and that they are signed, that the transaction outputs are over the dust amount, and that the transaction has a fee included.”

The libraries can be found on Github and npm. They’re impressive innovations that are worthy of being tied to the BSV blockchain and are available, in part, due to the attendance by some of the Bitboss expert brains at the recent CoinGeek Conference Toronto. The conference brought together some of the greatest minds in the Bitcoin ecosystem to discuss what is happening and where the industry is headed, and allowed attendees to interact with the professionals on subjects such as on-chain scaling and mining.

Keyring is just one of the many projects being built on the BSV blockchain, the only blockchain that follows the original design of Bitcoin per Satoshi Nakamoto. It’s because of this steadfast understanding that Bitcoin was introduced to the world in a mature form that BSV has made sure the concept has been able to live on, and why some of the best, real-world developments occur on the network. As BitBoss, nChain and others continue to innovate and show how viable and flexible the BSV blockchain is, it will continue to receive the recognition it has worked hard to earn.

Source: https://coingeek.com/bitboss-updates-keyring-libraries-for-bsv/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: