Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:55:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BSV] [Bitcoin SV] Original Satoshi Vision  (Read 225830 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1596 posts by 1 users with 340 merit deleted.)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 09:44:55 AM

Undo twitter, learn about twetch

https://youtu.be/I_n1aNbyk2w

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 09:53:31 AM

Undo twitter, learn about twetch

https://youtu.be/I_n1aNbyk2w

Yeah, ask Kevin Pham  Grin Grin Grin

There is good and bad, but marketing anyway

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 04:35:50 AM

Silly intended BSV taunting:

Yet SV is up 2.12% in the last 24 hours.

Yep. Sans flames tho. This is fine.

I'd point out that BTC is up a meager 0.16% in the same time period. But that would just be rubbing salt in Boris' butthurt wounds. Not to mention the fact that I garner no joy in BTC's misfortune.

Flameout Boris flames out.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 06:42:22 AM

Wow, some guys bought 31k cheap ?

Lol - just do not pay attention too much to speculation ( for gamblers)  - better build useful apps on top-

Anarcocapitalista

Activity: 53
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 10:54:30 AM

SV blocks continue to grow in size. Despite drop in price, SV still more profitable to mine for the last 2-3 weeks. What’s going to happen if the blocks continue to grow in size at this rate?

https://sv.coin.dance/blocks

Anyone?
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 10:56:27 AM

SV blocks continue to grow in size. Despite drop in price, SV still more profitable to mine for the last 2-3 weeks. What’s going to happen if the blocks continue to grow in size at this rate?

Anyone?

BitCoin will win Wink

Anarcocapitalista

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 11:40:09 AM

Anyone?

That's easy. The blockchain will become unwieldy in size, meaning even fewer nodes will be run than currently are, forcing SV to an even greater degree of centralization than it currently is.

Frankly I hope BSV blocks are all full one after the other -- the sooner, the better. The SV blockchain would grow at:

12 GB an hour
288 GB a day
2 TB a week
8 TB a month
97 TB a year

With a couple of months of full blocks the blockchain would be so big that only a handful of nodes would be able to run it. It will be a completely centralized coin. Pretty far from "Satoshi's vision" if you ask me.

Centralization

‘the concentration of control of an activity or organization under a single authority’

How is an economic system where anyone has equal opportunity to become a miner centralized? Who has the authority to stop other miners from competition?
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 12:22:18 PM

Why I sold BSV and bought DASH:

1. at BSV blocks time up to 1.5 hours, it's not good enough for pay in stores, but dash now sends all payments instantly, the miners is an optional second layer of protection

2. BSV has not privatsend, the recipient of the payment can see how much money you have in your wallet

3. BSV is controlled by Bitmain, but the Dash's chainlocks makes such control impossible

Why i dropped DASH for VIOG and BSV

Because VIOG is almost the same as DASH with the same functions except that it costs extremely less, practical to discover the environment as an MN for $1 so largely at a lower cost because 1 VIOG = 0.0008€ the Coin Supply (VIOG) is 2.100.805 In addition it is developed and followed by a small community of enthusiasts who do not seek history to anyone and who try.

Why I choose BSV? Because right now they are the only ones that are cut to meet a global scale, it's like Bitcoin version 3.0. There is a lot of development around BSV which makes it exciting, new and constantly advancing. The only regret is the constant censorship that BSV is undergoing, especially here and there where there is a concentration of "infinite morons" who take turns only stirring poop in the fan. Or account blocking when you publish to make BSV known has become very common here.  

For the following I still have particular tastes because I also like CRW and CROWN for what he tries to develop all in opposition to the "classical currents".

Nico

Dropped and delisted

https://cryptonews.com/news/okex-korea-axes-privacy-coins-as-south-korean-purge-intensif-4654.htm

Anarcocapitalista

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 01:15:39 PM

How is an economic system where anyone has equal opportunity to become a miner centralized? Who has the authority to stop other miners from competition?

I'm not necessarily talking about miners.

I'm talking about anybody who wants to be able to run a node not being able to do so. This includes 3rd party service providers. How are people going to be able to transact BSV if they don't have a wallet? Before long, everyone is going to be relying on the same 1 or 2 wallet provision companies.

Regardless, "anyone" does not have an "equal opportunity to become a miner." Its a prohibitively costly and resource consuming undertaking that cuts out 95% of the earth's population.

Miners are the nodes, and this is how competition works. It’s not fair to point fingers at the pioneers and tell everyone they are evil.

Yes, everyone does have equal opportunity to become a miner. But, not everyone has the resources to become a miner.
Anarcocapitalista

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 01:28:16 PM

I'm talking about anybody who wants to be able to run a node not being able to do so. This includes 3rd party service providers. How are people going to be able to transact BSV if they don't have a wallet? Before long, everyone is going to be relying on the same 1 or 2 wallet provision companies.

Regardless, "anyone" does not have an "equal opportunity to become a miner." Its a prohibitively costly and resource consuming undertaking that cuts out 95% of the earth's population.

Miners are the nodes, and this is how competition works. It’s not fair to point fingers at the pioneers and tell everyone they are evil.

Yes, everyone does have equal opportunity to become a miner. But, not everyone has the resources to become a miner.

This isn't even a counterargument. It's a series of untruths and non-related statements randomly strung together.

Not all nodes are miners. Miners don't run 3rd party wallet provision or payment processing services.

I didn't point fingers at anybody or tell them they're evil.

How can you have an opportunity without the required resources?

We can go in circles here but your actions speak for themselves. You’ve gone through immense lengths to defame BSV more so than you’ve done anything for BTC. If BSV was a ‘scam’ and a ‘useless shitcoin, Why would you put everyday of your life into arguing against it and going through immense lengths creating a scam accusation thread on the subject? You spend hours (literally) everyday on this subject as though it’s your career. You’re obsessed with this hostile behaviour against anyone who praises BSV. You’re confused and threatened.

The alternative is to ignore the subject if you truly believe in what you say.
Anarcocapitalista

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:23:27 PM

This isn't even a counterargument. It's a series of untruths and non-related statements randomly strung together.

Not all nodes are miners. Miners don't run 3rd party wallet provision or payment processing services.

I didn't point fingers at anybody or tell them they're evil.

How can you have an opportunity without the required resources?

Because everyone has equal opportunity to enter competition, it would be different if someone of a certain biological trait or nationally was restricted to competition, that’s not the case. Everyone can become a miner, it’s just that simple. This is how capitalism works.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 05:01:20 PM

With a couple of months of full blocks the blockchain would be so big that only a handful of nodes would be able to run it. It will be a completely centralized coin. Pretty far from "Satoshi's vision" if you ask me.

I don't have a dog in the core vs bch/bsv fight although I do find what BSV is doing is interesting, whether it will succeed long-term who knows. But one thing I've always rejected is this idea that everyone should be running nodes. The only people who run coin nodes are nerds with an altruistic mindset run, there is virtually no incentive for the average person to contribute electricity and keep their computer on 24/7 or even worse, to dip into their own pocket to run a cloud server. Human beings are inherently selfish and the best way to entice someone to do something is pay them. This is the heart of capitalism. Miners get paid for the work they do, why shouldn't node operators, even if it is just a pittance in fees since the overhead is much cheaper? While cheap, it is still overhead though.

You know what is actually true decentralization? Millions of people actually spending and USING Bitcoin around the world and the numbers being so gargantuan that the governments of the world can never hope to shut it down. People distort what decentralization really is IMO. The fight in my mind should always be to evangelize and spread Bitcoin/crypto's use, not have academic arguments over which network of 0s and 1s is more spread apart than the other.

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 06:01:50 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2019, 12:48:44 PM by hv_

I don't have a dog in the core vs bch/bsv fight although I do find what BSV is doing is interesting, whether it will succeed long-term who knows. But one thing I've always rejected is this idea that everyone should be running nodes. The only people who run coin nodes are nerds with an altruistic mindset run, there is virtually no incentive for the average person to contribute electricity and keep their computer on 24/7 or even worse, to dip into their own pocket to run a cloud server. Human beings are inherently selfish and the best way to entice someone to do something is pay them. This is the heart of capitalism. Miners get paid for the work they do, why shouldn't node operators, even if it is just a pittance in fees since the overhead is much cheaper? While cheap, it is still overhead though.

You know what is actually true decentralization? Millions of people actually spending and USING Bitcoin around the world and the numbers being so gargantuan that the governments of the world can never hope to shut it down. People distort what decentralization really is IMO. The fight in my mind should always be to evangelize and spread Bitcoin/crypto's use, not have academic arguments over which network of 0s and 1s is more spread apart than the other.

I didn't say everybody should be running a node. I just said that if the BSV blockchain gets too unwieldy in size, for example bigger than the biggest commercially-available hard drive, its going to be a real turnoff for service providers with a capitalistic interest in BSV to run nodes.

And you seem to be confusing a fork of a fork altcoin with Bitcoin. "Bitcoin SV" isn't Bitcoin. Its an altcoin that desperately wants to trick new users into believing it is Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash already tried this (along with the whole bigger block thing) and failed. What is so special about BSV that would make it succeed where BCH failed?

Really, the whole debate is completely tired by now. BSV lost to BCH, which lost to BTC. Wake me up when BSV's hash rate begins to approach that of BCH's. Then we'll talk. Until then, I'm not bumping this thread anymore.

I say - only trusted services should run and care about CRITICAL IT infrastructure - esp if it aims for  

>> GLOBAL FINANCE  ( yes banks, govs, exchanges, merchants ALL INCLUDED = GLOBAL).

I m sure u do not want anyone's money depend on how twitter trolls will collude and decide  on the next CODE FUCK UP like segshit or NO2X next time.  This is utterly LOL - like RBF and many more 'TROLL FEATURES' inside a global finance protocol !

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 04:09:23 PM

With Scaling there is no need for them any-longer, obsolete. The power of big blocks

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 06:51:13 AM

^ oh they're scared of Libra? that's hilarious. we aren't lol. it's a shitcoin. like bsv

I wonder how u ever could compare libra with BitCoin - is there some Zucki u have to ask for permission to join / pay him 10Mio USD ? Is Libra PoW ? Is it bottum up ?

But thx for brining that one up

BTW : BSV is BitCoin just clean & working from 2009 -> and no segwit .  How can this be shit?

Branko

Activity: 2436
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:10:42 AM

I say - only trusted services should run and care about CRITICAL IT infrastructure - esp if it aims for  

>> GLOBAL FINANCE  ( yes banks, govs, exchanges, merchants ALL INCLUDED = GLOBAL).

I m sure u do not want anyone's money depend on how twitter trolls will collude and decide  on the next CODE FUCK UP like segshit or NO2X next time.  This is utterly LOL - like RBF and many more 'TROLL FEATURES' inside a global finance protocol !

You just described XRP  Grin
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 07:22:27 AM

You just described XRP  Grin

NOPE - u got it that way - but wrong. XRP is not global at all and is a scam coin / must be registered as security. It's just created out of thin air with no PoW at all.

Branko

Activity: 2436
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:32:52 AM

NOPE - u got it that way - but wrong. XRP is not global at all and is a scam coin / must be registered as security. It's just created out of thin air with no PoW at all.

Its indeed created like any other ICO, just with long sale period...but then again, big chunk of BCH and BSV is created the same way...out of thin air,
piggybacking on BTC success
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 10:10:45 AM

Now fraudtoshi aka Craig Wright writes shit about Hal Finney

https://twitter.com/MyLegacyKit/status/1173953365342117893 (thanks again to Arthur Van Pelt)

Finney was arguably the major contributor to PGP, so his coding skills were top notch.

See what he wrote about Bitcoin, and we KNOW he mined Bitcoin very early.

What did Satoshi think about Finney ?

Two humble ultra skilled coders with mountains of respect for each other. Just the opposite of the fraud wannabe Satoshi.

Thx - nice to see - but u ve proven just nothing - except maybe that Hal was hired by Satoshi - and he got into the stuff - but not as close as Satoshi might ve liked to.

And again - BSV does not need both - its protocol is locked up - no Need for central governance like for any other shitcoin on the plantet.

How good is that?

That's BitCoin

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 11:59:13 AM

Its indeed created like any other ICO, just with long sale period...but then again, big chunk of BCH and BSV is created the same way...out of thin air,
piggybacking on BTC success

Segwit was created out of thin air - sorry.

BSV is just locked down Bitcoin from 2009

For Libra, as u might need to learn, watch  FT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gblzpAzikMA

btc is also not the real blockchain any more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: