Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

A large of the premine chunk went to the IPO investors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
W.Weller

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

I cannot imagine walking into a gun store in East Texas and trying to explain to them why they should accept GUN instead of USD - getting over that hurdle would be a LOT easier if you could hand them a book or white paper that tells them all about it and how to use it - Just my 3 cents worth.  I can supply the info on the  guy who did our manual and can cut you a deal before he gets flooded with orders.....Good luck guys!

I tend to agree with this sentiment.  We have already discussed how the algo would help bring attention from the crypto side, but a supplying information to merchants is a different front that may prove to be a larger success.

Typically a white paper would explain the technology behind coin and its "new" algo and how it will revolutionize the crypto-world...However, Guncoin's whitepaper should/could be wrote with a more specific purpose. From the beginning this coin was generated to specifically help with gun auction sites; however there is no clear sequence of operations for a merchant to follow on how to implement it into their current sales system or anything that clearly describes the benefits of using it.

1.) How does it help current small businesses and merchants?
2.) If I use it what more do I have to do?
3.) Do I have to change my payment process to reflect current GUN prices.

These to me are the simple questions that a gun auction website is going to ask...Similar to what was said previously walking into a gun shop and trying to explain this to a clerk or asking them to hit up our website won't be enough.  It just plainly will be too confusing for them and frankly they will lose interest less then minute into it.  We need to sell it more upfront with the benefits and keep them interested.  Force them to ask a questions...

GroinCoinGuy

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

I cannot imagine walking into a gun store in East Texas and trying to explain to them why they should accept GUN instead of USD - getting over that hurdle would be a LOT easier if you could hand them a book or white paper that tells them all about it and how to use it - Just my 3 cents worth.  I can supply the info on the  guy who did our manual and can cut you a deal before he gets flooded with orders.....Good luck guys!

I tend to agree with this sentiment.  We have already discussed how the algo would help bring attention from the crypto side, but a supplying information to merchants is a different front that may prove to be a larger success.

Typically a white paper would explain the technology behind coin and its "new" algo and how it will revolutionize the crypto-world...However, Guncoin's whitepaper should/could be wrote with a more specific purpose. From the beginning this coin was generated to specifically help with gun auction sites; however there is no clear sequence of operations for a merchant to follow on how to implement it into their current sales system or anything that clearly describes the benefits of using it.

These to me are the simple questions that a gun auction website is going to ask...Similar to what was said previously walking into a gun shop and trying to explain this to a clerk or asking them to hit up our website won't be enough.  It just plainly will be too confusing for them and frankly they will lose interest less then minute into it.  We need to sell it more upfront with the benefits and keep them interested.  Force them to ask a questions...

Well. all good points.  One thing for sure, the gun merchant community is most likely NOT going to come to GUN, unless you have everything laid out for them - Whether in a detailed white paper or a users guide like these.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720523.msg8164999#msg8164999   

There are links to two user guides there and I am told they have one for Fluttercoin and one other in the works.

I think creating some GUN banners and running them on sites like Gunbroker.com or GunAuction.com would at least generate some interest and traffic to the main site.  After all, the vast majority of potential end-users and merchants have no clue what GUN or crypto currency is.  A lot of them would download a white paper or users guide just to see what GUN was and how they could use it.  Guides and banners are cheap and well worth the increased visibility they would bring.  I think expanding the potential market to include international gun enthusiasts and hunters, etc. would be a good thing too - but can save that for another discussion.
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

Any functioning pools?

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

Any functioning pools?

check the OP for the pools you will find some pools listed there.
damm315er

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:01:36 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 01:14:01 PM by damm315er

Well. all good points.  One thing for sure, the gun merchant community is most likely NOT going to come to GUN, unless you have everything laid out for them - Whether in a detailed white paper or a users guide like these.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720523.msg8164999#msg8164999  

There are links to two user guides there and I am told they have one for Fluttercoin and one other in the works.

I think creating some GUN banners and running them on sites like Gunbroker.com or GunAuction.com would at least generate some interest and traffic to the main site.  After all, the vast majority of potential end-users and merchants have no clue what GUN or crypto currency is.  A lot of them would download a white paper or users guide just to see what GUN was and how they could use it.  Guides and banners are cheap and well worth the increased visibility they would bring.  I think expanding the potential market to include international gun enthusiasts and hunters, etc. would be a good thing too - but can save that for another discussion.

To add to that, getting a store to accept something like guncoin will require having some sort of a point of sale (POS) system in place, as well as a wallet for online transactions that does not require editing of a config file, as most business owners are not interested in having to take time away from their main business to do so.

Other issues to consider:
-with the volitility of coin pricing, the wallet and POS system should have current conversion pricing, so they can quickly convert values to accept the proper amount of coin for the amount of cash they want..
-there needs to be the method for the store owners to be able to get rid of the coin, until it's widely enough accepted to be used farther up the food chain.  No store owner is going to want to sell thousands of dollars worth of product by guncoin, then not be able to convert it to cash, and stuck with it.  
-many store owners (particularly the non tech-saavy) won't be interested in converting guncoin to bitcoin, then bitcoin to cash.  They will want direct conversion of coin to USD and deposited into their bank account so they can pay their employees and bills.

I mentioned long ago in this thread, about the development of a system to allow store owners to accept coin.  There was a large premine and IPCO, was any reserved for this purpose?  Or is it all on we that burn our electricity to mine the coin, to do that as well?
VexusMalius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:33:28 AM

Is the windows wallet download broken on their website? I keep getting errors when I try to extract it.
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

Is the windows wallet download broken on their website? I keep getting errors when I try to extract it.

works fine for a friend of mine

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
VexusMalius

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

Now the link on the website does nothing, lol. The Mac and Android links work fine, just not the Windows. Guess I don't get to have guncoin Sad
damm315er

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:43:36 AM

Just tried it, and it worked for me..

http://guncoin.info/downloads/guncoin-qt-081.zip
VexusMalius

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:09:52 AM

Apparently all I needed was a restart. If all else fails....
damm315er

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F1rFmyQmY
guncoin_support (OP)

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:47:05 PM

Everyone,

We have some exciting news with some big changes coming.

First of all, I must apologize for not keeping up-to-date with the community the last couple weeks.  Unfortunately, some life changes (out of my control) have happened recently and have taken all of my time.

Therefore, I am passing ownership and management of the Guncoin project to another dev team over the next couple weeks. They will be able to take Guncoin where it needs to go and be able to really interact with the community and make changes that you all request.

Everyone needs to understand that my team is not making any money on this transition. The project is not being sold, it is being transferred to a better team.  This was a very hard decision to make and difficult to let go.  However, Guncoin and the folks who support it deserve better, and I realize this.

I am confident that the new team will take great care of Guncoin and make this puppy soar.

More information to come on this very soon...

VexusMalius

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:09:59 AM

The wife and I love that show, and I know that very clip lol.
DPAssociates

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:16:54 AM

I  have an odd problem out of the blue with my Windows wallet.  It was working fine for weeks, when for no reason, my Kaspersky Anti-Virus deleted it as malicious when I tried to open the wallet.  This, after I have been opening it daily for weeks with no problem.  So I downloaded a new version 3 times and every time it deleted it.  I have 4 other wallets on this laptop and do not see that problem with any of them.  It is whitelisted in Windows firewall, so that is not the problem - just the antivirus deletes it with no warning which is very odd.  The anti-virus program does not give me an option to white list it.  Has anyone else seen this problem with the GUN or any other wallets before and know how to get around it???
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:45:44 AM

Everyone,

First of all, I must apologize for not keeping up-to-date with the community the last couple weeks.  Unfortunately, some life changes (out of my control) have happened recently and have taken all of my time.

Therefore, I am passing ownership and management of the Guncoin project to another dev team over the next couple weeks. They will be able to take Guncoin where it needs to go and be able to really interact with the community and make changes that you all request.

Everyone needs to understand that my team is not making any money on this transition. The project is not being sold, it is being transferred to a better team.  This was a very hard decision to make and difficult to let go.  However, Guncoin and the folks who support it deserve better, and I realize this.

I am confident that the new team will take great care of Guncoin and make this puppy soar.

Good news! Go start selling stuff, holsters, etc.

DPAssociates

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:35:33 AM

I  have an odd problem out of the blue with my Windows wallet.  It was working fine for weeks, when for no reason, my Kaspersky Anti-Virus deleted it as malicious when I tried to open the wallet.  This, after I have been opening it daily for weeks with no problem.  So I downloaded a new version 3 times and every time it deleted it.  I have 4 other wallets on this laptop and do not see that problem with any of them.  It is whitelisted in Windows firewall, so that is not the problem - just the antivirus deletes it with no warning which is very odd.  The anti-virus program does not give me an option to white list it.  Has anyone else seen this problem with the GUN or any other wallets before and know how to get around it???

Just to clarify - this was not a complaint - just trying to figure out what changed and why.  I can totally turn off my antivirus and open the wallet just fine.  Then when I turn the AV on again, it kills the guncoin-qt file again every time.....
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:42:55 PM

I don't use AV. So, I don't have that problem. Sorry, can't help you there.

VexusMalius

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:38:46 PM

Avast does the same thing, even though I set an exception for the app file. When I try to open it, the file is flagged as malware and moved to the virusvault.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:19:39 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 06:31:07 PM by GuncoinInfo

Everyone,

First of all, I must apologize for not keeping up-to-date with the community the last couple weeks.  Unfortunately, some life changes (out of my control) have happened recently and have taken all of my time.

Everyone needs to understand that my team is not making any money on this transition. The project is not being sold, it is being transferred to a better team.  This was a very hard decision to make and difficult to let go.  However, Guncoin and the folks who support it deserve better, and I realize this.

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the incoming Team Lead for Guncoin for the transition that will occur over the next few weeks.  I'd like to first thank the current team for presenting my team with an outstanding opportunity and for doing an equally outstanding job getting GUN to where it is today.  We cannot thank you enough!

As for me - I have been an avid gun user and enthusiast for many years. My ancestors fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War, World War I and World War II (for the winning side in each !!!).  So all that being said, I take very seriously the US 2nd Amendment, as well as all the other rights given to us by my Revolutionary War ancestors and our Founding Fathers.  I own either an original or working replica from EVERY one of those conflicts as well as many modern day equivalents.  I am just as comfortable firing a 50 caliber lead ball from a 68" long rifle with black powder as I am with a 5.56x45mm from an AR-15.

So one thing for sure, the basic philosophy behind Guncoin is NOT going to change on my shift. However, having read through all the threads here multiple times, it appears that expanding that basic premise a bit to be able to include other types of gun enthusiasts from around the USA and the rest of the world should be carefully evaluated to support our long-term growth and survival in a very tough and competitive crypto currency market. In other words, the more people on this planet that we can introduce and expose to GUN and crypto currencies in general, will only benefit each of you and our coin.

Moving forward, there are a couple of things that I would like to cover and get your feed back on......

First, your forum support here and overall support for GUN has always been outstanding from what I have seen "guncoin_support" gives you his highest praise.  I think for GUN to grow and get to the next level, that needs to continue in several areas.....
1) Keep this forum active - constant chatter among users (old and new) is a good thing and the forums are the first place anyone looks to get a gauge on how well the coin is supported and its level of activity.  Remember, that pools and exchanges use this and other forums to determine if we get listed or not.
2) Keep throwing ideas out to us, either by PM or posting - we simply cannot think of everything.  Some might cost $$$ or BTC or take time, but the more ideas we get, the more options we have to make GUN a better coin - we are coming in to this with an open mind.
3) Keep voting on the exchanges to get us listed. We need to eventually be listed on some of the major exchanges and you know which ones they are.  The smaller exchanges where GUN is traded now are great - but their volume and visibility are small compared to the bigger ones.  The more votes we can get on MintPal and others of that size is only a good thing for our coin.
4) Getting delisted on Bittrex was a very bad thing for us.  This was one of the fastest growing exchanges with good visibility and great volume.  We were delisted due to lack of volume.  We simply cannot let this happen again.  I have been buying GUN now for weeks on multiple exchanges and encourage you to do the same  - not dump it.  When we are delisted and our price on the other exchanges goes down - EVERYONE knows about it.  If each of you bought a handful of GUN several times a week, I think this problem goes away - even if we are buying and selling from each other repeatedly - the volume is there and we maintain our listing until we can expand our markets to bring in new users. We plan on giving you places to spend it too!
5) Keep mining GUN - hash rate, number of pools, miners, etc. are important things that the big exchanges grade us on.
6) Please be on the look out for direct GUN competitors - crypto currencies targeting the gun world - right now our competition is scarce - any newbies popping up would complicate our lives and possibly change our strategy moving forward.
7) Help promote GUN at gun shows.  Typically for $50, you can get a table for a weekend at a major gun show.  Sit there and pass out brochures, users guides, do online demos of GUN wallets, give out paper wallets.  To be honest, if you are sitting on 500,000 GUN or more, you should be doing this already - help grow your wallet!

Second, what will my team be doing to move this coin forward and get it to the next level?
1) I came in here with very few GUN coins in my pocket. I am going to keep buying on all the exchanges we are on as well as start actively mining GUN.  That way with a growing pile of GUN, I have more of a vested interest in making this coin successful.  Right now, almost everyone reading this has more GUN in their pocket than us.
2) A new Users Guide is already in work and just a few days away from release.  Without something to show newbies what GUN is and how to use it, I think we will just be trading coins amongst ourselves and crypto currency users. There are several examples posted that ours will mirror.  While it may not cover everything to start with or be perfect - it will be a starting point towards stepping outside the crypto currency community to where I think the future of our coin needs to move......More on this later.
3) We already have another website in work, where you and any GUN user can actually spend GUN.  No not a crappy dice game that some come up with, but a first class site where any gun enthusiasts may come to, learn about GUN and actually spend some GUN.....More on this later.
4) GUN Brochures - this is a supplement to the users guide above, but we feel is a necessity for GUN.  You will able to download and print these and give them away at gun shows, gun ranges, gun stores and about anywhere you want
5) Active marketing and publicity - you will see banners for GUN on gun-related websites as well as articles on GUN in crypto currency Ezines.  There will not be a lot to start with since this is NOT cheap and the users guide and additional website will take priority - but incrementally, we will be rolling out more and more each month as well as paid writers to write stories about GUN.

Finally, just because we are not posting things here, does NOT mean things are not happening - NEVER assume silence on our part means we have jumped ship or taken our guns and run for the hills.  We travel on business frequently and sometimes connectivity is not constant - we will catch up and are always looking for things to do to improve our coin.  That being said, please do not sit on the side line and wait for us to do everything - you may be disappointed.  The best coins out there now are the ones where proactive users put up websites, knock on doors, write articles, etc. While all that is on our "To-Do" List, we cannot do it all at once and the more you can do in those areas, the faster we get up the hill.

Once again, we thank you for the opportunity and look forward to taking GUN to new heights.  We welcome your PMs or posting here and appreciate your support and patience over the next few weeks as we make the transition!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: