Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum EIP 1234 accepted  (Read 1199 times)
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:02:01 PM

We should drop ETH.
Since ETH dev don't give a shit about GPU miners we should leave them with ASIC miners and find new coins.
It seems Vitalik doesn't care anymore about decentralization

@asdb its difftent from when they moved from 5 to 3 eth since they also dropped the block time from 30 sec to 15 sec so it was a wash.  This is the first true reduction of issuance.

honestly I feel this is a good thing , my hope is gpu miners stay on the old fork similar to how etc was formed, then at a later date implement the constantinople changes along with a progpow or cn7 v 2 fork and let the asics have eth.

We need to reduce the dependence of mining profit on ethereum asap anyways, let asics have it.

I think this will show all those who say there is too much hash out there for other algos not to get destoyed when eth becomes unprofitable which i may well be with a 30 percent drop in block reward unless price rises by 30 percent.

When you all see that the majority of hash in etherum is asic based anyways , I have a feeling 70 percent of the the eth hashrate is Asic, vitalk and them i bet know this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N0pr3s3n7

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:23:51 PM

just a few ideas / facts

1º Constantinople will be applied in winter 2019. So still 1 year and 2 months away more or less. Many things can happen

2º Reward per block reduced to 2 ETH. If in 1 year ETH is at the same price, it will be an absolute NO GO for miners (although it's already a NO GO).

3º i don't think ETH will survive that long. Technical analysis shows that it's the worst top 10 performing coin. Huge resistances to break 20 day EMA. Many investors are dropping support on ETH and there is a very big lack of investment on ETH right now.

4º this can actually be good news for actual miners. Since this news will discourage people from investing on mining ETH. We have already seen the hashrate reduction from 268.000 GH/s to 252.000GH/s average. In the actual conditions, you have to be really mad, silly and stupid to invest a lot of money in mining a coin that will go unprofitable in 1 year. You´ll not even ROI at current conditions.

5º They obviously want to reduce the amount of coins generated, and begin to take away from the coin those miners, so that the migration to total PoS is done without many people complaining too much.

6º it's to be seen how PoS will reward people. Vitalik has never given numbers of how much money ETH is making out of Smart contracts. If ETH cap is around 20 billion $ and smart contracts have 30 billion, would be the migration to PoS a good idea?? My guess is that the money ETH is getting over smart contracts does not even get close to the value of the coin in the current manipulated market.

7º the real question: will it be worth to stock ETH so that, when PoS is implemented, you get a % of the money in smart contracts?? I think it will be a total NO. Specially when people begin to realise the huge problems ETH has with Scalability and amount of operations per second. Visa can do around 1700 operations per second. ETH only 20 and BTC only 4. If we want crypto to force real money away, ETH and BTC cannot do it.

Someone said, what about other coins?? When ETH goes PoS, a huge amount of GPU will have to search a place to go. There is currently NO PLACE TO GO THAT IS PROFITABLE. And if there is a profitable coin, it will go un profitable once those GPU collapse the pool, or even ASICS and FPGA collapse the market.

Tough days are coming.

Thing for *3 is that people realize they really want developers to provide what they promise (ASIC resistance) , 2nd almost all ASIC turned coins are turning shit except BTC so only way to do is a hard fork and drop out all kind of ASIC/FPGA for sometime..
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 11:27:50 PM

The reduction of mining reward to 2Eth should have been done earlier,I know it is bad news for miners, but in the end, it may benefit all,  it was once said that the total supply will not exceed 100m,now we have crossed that
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1407

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:28:59 AM

just a few ideas / facts
1º Constantinople will be applied in winter 2019. So still 1 year and 2 months away more or less. Many things can happen

2º Reward per block reduced to 2 ETH. If in 1 year ETH is at the same price, it will be an absolute NO GO for miners (although it's already a NO GO).

The reduction go into effect only in 14 months?
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:01:42 AM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.
Also block time will be reduced from 10 to 7 minutes, so drop in profitability will not be 30%.
Somebody please correct me with relevant links.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:59:17 AM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.
Also block time will be reduced from 10 to 7 minutes, so drop in profitability will not be 30%.

I think they are still merging all the EIP and haven't decided on a block number yet for the hard-fork. From what I heard from the Reddit/Youtube comments is that it will most likely happen sometime during the Devcon 4 conference.

Which is in about 2 months or so, no idea why the guy said Winter 2019, most likely a typo and Winter 2018 which makes sense.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:03:17 AM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

Per a GitHub post, the developers decided to accept the EIP-1234 scenario. It was proposed to delay the “Difficulty Bomb” for about 12 months, so the chain would be back at 30 second block times in winter 2019, and reduce the block rewards with the Constantinople fork

sorry , but you are the one clueless

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-core-devs-delay-difficulty-bomb-reduce-block-rewards-to-2-eth

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Piskeante

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:09:48 AM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

I think they are still merging all the EIP and haven't decided on a block number yet for the hard-fork. From what I heard from the Reddit/Youtube comments is that it will most likely happen sometime during the Devcon 4 conference.

Which is in about 2 months or so, no idea why the guy said Winter 2019, most likely a typo and Winter 2018 which makes sense.

if you think it carefully, would you go PoS on a coin that has lost 80% of value??Which incentives are investors going to have. It makes total sense to delay the difficulty bomb at least 12 months to see if this market recovers, and there is more hype. ETH devs needs ETH to be very valuable. Because, it can happen that huge exchanges could stock this coins and have a big % of the company when this coin goes PoS.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:41:28 AM

reward reduction is only good for investors which have thousands to millions of eth coins, I myself like the reduction but would have liked even more if it was less than that. The good thing is that they did something about it and the next fork means, price will rise, my guess is to $600 - $850 or so and bitcoin will follow, i guess to 10k or so.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
yuzuak (OP)

Activity: 683
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:24:31 PM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

Per a GitHub post, the developers decided to accept the EIP-1234 scenario. It was proposed to delay the “Difficulty Bomb” for about 12 months, so the chain would be back at 30 second block times in winter 2019, and reduce the block rewards with the Constantinople fork

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-core-devs-delay-difficulty-bomb-reduce-block-rewards-to-2-eth

no
OCTOBER 2018 2 ETH per block
Marvell2

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

lol wtf, its set for this october are u drunk? 2019 refers to the next fork, Constantinople is this year genius
Piskeante

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:26:33 PM

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

lol wtf, its set for this october are u drunk? 2019 refers to the next fork, Constantinople is this year genius

learn to read please, don't make me laugh.

yuzuak (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:37:38 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 09:56:13 PM by yuzuak

just a few ideas / facts

This Ocotber.
OP is clueless.

learn to read please, don't make me laugh.

they have misread,  Istanbul October 2018 and eth blok per 2 eth Octaber 2018.
Piskeante

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

please, can you tell me where it says 2ETH fork will be applied in October 2018???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAs3JZHroKM  -----  core Devs stream 31 Augost 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/9bua1y/eth_block_reward_reduction_to_2_ethblock/ --- reddit post talking about it.

it's been delayed. Stop talking bullshit and stick to reality.

yuzuak (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:48:30 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 10:16:54 PM by yuzuak

please, can you tell me where it says 2ETH fork will be applied in October 2018???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAs3JZHroKM  -----  core Devs stream 31 Augost 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/9bua1y/eth_block_reward_reduction_to_2_ethblock/ --- reddit post talking about it.

it's been delayed. Stop talking bullshit and stick to reality.

delayed at casper pos,
October 2018 Istanbul hardfork, watch and see at october
and now I am writing from Istanbul Smiley

https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-1234
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 01:05:10 AM

I've just been able to catch up on ETH news after a few weeks and from what i've read i'm now confused as to when the block reward reduction is going to be implemented. Is it October 2018 or during the Constantinople upgrade in 2019?

That being said, it indeed seems like ETH mining is guaranteed to end for GPU miners when that happens (i don't see ETH price recovering anytime soon). I wonder if Bitmain knew that ETH was not going to go POS this year, thus the ASIC developments.

5º They obviously want to reduce the amount of coins generated, and begin to take away from the coin those miners, so that the migration to total PoS is done without many people complaining too much.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Marvell2

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:45:35 AM

I've just been able to catch up on ETH news after a few weeks and from what i've read i'm now confused as to when the block reward reduction is going to be implemented. Is it October 2018 or during the Constantinople upgrade in 2019?

That being said, it indeed seems like ETH mining is guaranteed to end for GPU miners when that happens (i don't see ETH price recovering anytime soon). I wonder if Bitmain knew that ETH was not going to go POS this year, thus the ASIC developments.

Ignore the troll, the fork to reduce block reward, delay difficulty bomb and a few other network updates is called
constantinople, and its this year october 2018
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:14:32 AM

Ignore the troll, the fork to reduce block reward, delay difficulty bomb and a few other network updates is called
constantinople, and its this year october 2018

this...

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Piskeante

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:40:55 AM

Constantinople fork reducing block reward HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED. What has been announced is the block reward reduction consensus NOT THE DATE OF THAT REDUCTION. And if it has been, PLEASE QUOTE IT, source, and official statement. If not, shut the fuck up.

PoW + PoS hybrid model "in terms of issuance  have been trashed (Casper FFG) read more here: https://www.mangoresearch.co/ethereum-roadmap-update/

2020 is the date "expected" for ETH to go PoS.

it's funny, because i'm the only one here that has been giving info , links and all this, and i'm the troll. Dammit , stupid people.

FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:58:50 AM

2020 is the date "expected" for ETH to go PoS.

All sounds very familiar, I remember them saying 2017 for POS, Then delayed to 2018, now 2020.. Yeah POS isn't ever coming (in my opinion)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: