Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the short of a lifetime  (Read 4545 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:07:56 AM

For that matter, how about selling 100 TH1 in the first tranch in a market that had no bid depth?
I'm speculating as it is possible that there was some bid depth - but I'm confused at to what price they sold the original 100 TH1.  Maybe they slowly released them as the initial price was very high.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:09:55 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 05:36:14 AM by grappa_barricata

For that matter, how about selling 100 TH1 in the first tranch in a market that had no bid depth?
I'm speculating as it is possible that there was some bid depth - but I'm confused at to what price they sold the original 100 TH1.  Maybe they slowly released them as the initial price was very high.

They started selling at around 2.0. You can see the trade history here (it is in json format).

They sold the first branch mostly with limit orders. The 'shady' second branch: they are still selling it. But from 1.9 to 1.2 it was virtually all market sell orders.

And, want to say this again, the shady sell started before the announcement. Not after, as they seems to imply in the announcement.

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:18:25 AM

good profits for a 24h short   Grin

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
lg1500

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:53:44 PM

i predicting flash dump for th1 for something like 30-50 %,, 1.30 --->0.65-1 btc,
just like from 2--->1 and just like everytime one cex.io
lg1500

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:35:51 PM

th1 dump begin 1 hour ago, now still chance to sell you th1 high

This is not margin selling with using swap, this is normal Exchange sell TH1, this mean big dump, i think 0.7 low

marketmaker trying to sell so much th1 what he can, then will dump prize to 0.7-0.8 i think
1.281 10 th1 looks like marketmaker buy order, sell into it if you dont want lost on flashdump
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:13:06 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 07:40:50 PM by myself

good profits for a 24h short   Grin

why anyone still has a short after this post is still strange to me

I dont want to be extremely rude but those who are still short are not very smart some even send me private messages and asking why they got short squeezed (people on IRC and chatzy got me warning from day one if anyone lost money you fucking deserve it )

lets do this like for kinder-garden
I= people who went against the short size not need to be me

1. maximum contract available to short 10 contracts
2. I place a bid for 10 contracts at 1 BTC per contract
3. you short all the 10 contracts
4. now I have to spend 2 more BTC to squeeze you out so I place a bid for 1 contract at the price of 2 BTC/contract
5. now you got a margin call and lose money since I am the only one who can sell the contract for you to close your short I can sell it at 3 BTC/contract at this price the short loses are over 100%

so will anyone use 12 BTC to earn at least 10 BTC ? hell yeah

the pool have a maximum 3500 TH so even if Bitfinex add all the hashing power I will need 3502 BTC squeeze the short side and earn at least 3500 BTC  Grin Grin Grin Grin

the only way this type of contract can work is if the total short side is = to the total mined bitcoins = 13,39 millions so there is no way in hell for the bid/long side squeeze the short side

now what ?

if you made money on this contract take your money out just like precaution if bitfinex will reverse or cancel the contract   Cheesy

if you lost money on this contract well you kinda deserve it, this is a type of exotic contract so you can argue in front of consumer protection that is not suited for you, (lol) but that's likely to be just a lose of time and you will have to take it in the ass  Grin Grin Grin Grin

next time when you have money to spend on garbage try http://nycgarbage.com/ i dont earn any money from that but is kinda cool to sell actual trash  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:30:17 PM

Reason why the mining contract should operate like a future contract where anyone can create without having to borrow. They only need to pay dividend.

Then the short squeeze tactics described above will not work.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

good profits for a 24h short   Grin

why anyone still has a short after this post is still strange to me

I dont want to be extremely rude but those who are still short are not very smart some even send me private messages and asking why they got short squeezed (people on IRC and chatzy got me warning from day one if anyone lost money you fucking deserve it )

I= people who went against the short size not need to be me

1. maximum contract available to short 10 contracts
2. I place a bid for 10 contracts at 1 BTC per contract
3. you short all the 10 contracts
4. now I have to spend 2 more BTC to squeeze you out so I place a bid for 1 contract at the price of 2 BTC/contract
5. now you got a margin call and lose money since I am the only one who can sell the contract for you to close your short I can sell it at 3 BTC/contract at this price the short loses are over 100%

so will anyone use 12 BTC to earn at least 10 BTC ? hell yeah

the pool have a maximum 3500 TH so even if Bitfinex add all the hashing power I will need 3502 BTC squeeze the short side and earn at least 3500 BTC  Grin Grin Grin Grin

the only way this type of contract can work is if the total short side is = to the total mined bitcoins = 13,39 millions so there is no way in hell for the bid/long side squeeze the short side

now what ?

if you made money on this contract take your money out just like precaution if bitfinex will reverse or cancel the contract   Cheesy

if you lost money on this contract well you kinda deserve it, this is a type of exotic contract so you can argue in front of consumer protection that is not suited for you, (lol) but that's likely to be just a lose of time and you will have to take it in the ass  Grin Grin Grin Grin

next time when you have money to spend on garbage try http://nycgarbage.com/ i dont earn any money from that but is kinda cool to sell actual trash  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Turns out you were wrong. The risk was a swap rate squeeze not a short squeeze.  You still haven't figured this out?

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:26:37 PM

Turns out you were wrong. The risk was a swap rate squeeze not a short squeeze.  You still haven't figured this out?

i said

I am perfectly aware that if cost of holding a short > price change the shorts will lose money and the price dont need to go up for the short side to lose money just need to stay constant and the price it did stay constant from 17/09/2014 until Bitfinex started to send emails

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: