Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XCP Counterparty is really cheap right now  (Read 614 times)
coinsfuture (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:36:12 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 10:51:01 PM by coinsfuture

At a 13million marketcap, XCP is trading for well under its value. Its not a common shitcoin, but a tech marvel with a built in decentralized exchange. it should be trading at NXT levels or higher

Buy it as poloniex to make a nice gain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:55:36 PM

You should buy yourselves and then make a big profit.

Oh wait, you have already invested in it and are now unhappy with the current prices.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:43:30 PM

Oh wait, you have already invested in it and are now unhappy with the current prices.

nice said !
coinsfuture (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

I have also invested in duckduckcoin, but you don't see me making threads about it. WHY? Because duckduckcoin is shit! and I will take a loss on it.

With all of the bad advice going around you should not be shitting on legitimate advice. Regardless of whether it is self interested or not.

XCP is a great technology, that is undervalued compared to its competition.  I stand by that statement, If it isn't, then tell me why?

Stop thread crapping.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:08:52 PM

First, lemme state that I own XCP. Some myopic investors are selling their XCP to get an 8X-12X gain on their burned Bitcoins. I can't fault them for doing it, because they (and I) took significant investment risk on this protocol. We've even had security issues with the coin, now since resolved.

To be honest, I have sold just enough XCP to recoup my original investment, but no more. I suspect many others have done the same or dumped a lot more on the market for a quick Bitcoin. XCP has only been trading a few weeks, so selling pressure may continue until news comes out.

Because this protocol was just born (and it works!), it's pretty rough around the edges. No production GUIs exist yet, so you're looking at transactions on the command line. Once it gets a fancy front end, the game will change and Mr. Market will start to price Counterparty much more fairly.
In short, there's no need to pump it because this thing will sell itself. Just give it some time.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
coinsfuture (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:16:59 PM

First, lemme state that I own XCP. Some myopic investors are selling their XCP to get an 8X-12X gain on their burned Bitcoins. I can't fault them for doing it, because they (and I) took significant investment risk on this protocol. We've even had security issues with the coin, now since resolved.

To be honest, I have sold just enough XCP to recoup my original investment, but no more. I suspect many others have done the same or dumped a lot more on the market for a quick Bitcoin. XCP has only been trading a few weeks, so selling pressure may continue until news comes out.

Because this protocol was just born (and it works!), it's pretty rough around the edges. No production GUIs exist yet, so you're looking at transactions on the command line. Once it gets a fancy front end, the game will change and Mr. Market will start to price Counterparty much more fairly.
In short, there's no need to pump it because this thing will sell itself. Just give it some time.

I agree with everything you said. But I am not pumping XCP, infact I have only mentioned 2 coins in the past 24hrs. 1 = XCP because of the technology and low price, 2= Mt.POOP, because it is protesting against Mt.gox, Mt.poop hasn't even launched yet, so what do i have to gain?

I don't make threads to pump coins. Just to relay interesting and maybe helpful information. XCP is less than 5% of my portfolio. XCP is a longterm hold for me, regardless of recent price flucuations.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:20:01 PM

I agree with everything you said. But I am not pumping XCP, infact I have only mentioned 2 coins in the past 24hrs. 1 = XCP because of the technology and low price, 2= Mt.POOP, because it is protesting against Mt.gox, Mt.poop hasn't even launched yet, so what do i have to gain?

I don't make threads to pump coins. Just to relay interesting and maybe helpful information. XCP is less than 5% of my portfolio. XCP is a longterm hold for me, regardless of recent price flucuations.
Fair enough. We are in violent agreement then.  Cool

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
coinsfuture (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

violent agreement, i like that  Cheesy
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:21:16 AM

Hey, no need to pump. As one of the testers, I'll be the first to admit that barely anything works so far, and there is a lot of work to do. Online wallet? In progress. GUI? Alpha, in progress. Codebase is still very much in flux. Site still needs an entire refresh. Need more documentation. More services. More testers. More security penetration testing (which resulted in the hiring of 2 veteran bitcoin experts).

If you like the idea, buy it. If you don't, then stay out until it looks more promising.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:06:09 AM

Nice analysis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: