Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why redirect on specific board after submit a report from patrol?  (Read 189 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 08:11:22 AM

I don't know if there is another thread. I didn't get appropiate topic from search. Let me know if there is , I will lock this topic.

To be honest, sometime I feel irritated to visit patrol due redirection of specific board after submit the report. When I report  a post from patrol, after submit a report browser redirect to the specific board that are belongs to reported post instead patrol page. So I need double click on back button to continue reporting from patrol. Not only from patrol same case also for a thread.

Say, I notice a thread on "Service Announcements (Altcoins)" with so many spam post. And I try to report them, after submit a report browser will redirect on the "Service Announcements (Altcoins)" instade of thread from I started report. So again need double click on back button. It's not really waste of time ? It's discouraged me to visit patrol page.

Example on current situation :
Patrol > report to moderator > write a comment & submit > board belongs to reported post > back > back > patrol.

IMO, it should be :
Patrol > report to moderator > write a comment & submit > patrol.

It's not fine to redirect from where I stated report ? I don't know if there is any setting on profile for that.

So I would like to suggest for implement that, after submit report, redirect on page / thread that we started reporting. Not on that board that reported post are belong.

I apologize for my broken English

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:52:43 AM

I think this is just normal behavior of SMF. What you could do is hold CTRL + Click "report to moderator", and report it that way. Then you can just switch tabs once you've sent the report.  That's how I used to report anyway.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 09:45:17 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 12:39:53 PM by LoyceV

Patrol > report to moderator > write a comment & submit > patrol.
That would mean you have to "page down" (PgDn) about 30 times to get back to where you were reading. In the current situation, clicking back twice makes your browser go back to the right spot on the (very long) patrol page.

I think this is just normal behavior of SMF. What you could do is hold CTRL + Click "report to moderator", and report it that way. Then you can just switch tabs once you've sent the report.  That's how I used to report anyway.
I use my middle mouse button for the same result, it's easier.
Or, I use my right mouse botton, open "Report to moderator" in a new window, and handle it instantly without losing any of my other browsing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:15:00 AM

I think this is just normal behavior of SMF. What you could do is hold CTRL + Click "report to moderator", and report it that way. Then you can just switch tabs once you've sent the report.  That's how I used to report anyway.
I use my middle mouse button for the same result, it's easier.
Or, I use my right mouse botton, open "Report to moderator" in a new window, and handle it instantly without losing any of my other browsing.
I use the right mouse button too.
Right click one the link > Click on Open link in a new tab

After reporting I close that new tab, don't even bother to see which page I have redirected to. Solved!  Smiley

I knew there are few other methods to open a new tab from a link (ie: like Welsh said - CTRL + Click) but I guess I am too comfortable to try others  Cheesy

PS: Have I just created a redundant post which did not add anything new at all?  Grin
I just repeated LoyceV and Welsh

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:44:30 AM

-
Right click one the link > Click on Open link in a new tab
-
Easiest explanation so far, though welsh gave me a new "magic" for shortcut using my pc.

OP's suggestion is good for smartphone users, IMO. I'm not sure how to browse the internet using it, but it'll be much easier for both pc and smartphone users.

I hope theymos is not having a headache with many suggestions made on this forum so far.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:17:32 AM

I hope theymos is not having a headache with many suggestions made on this forum so far.
theymos is having a blast in his head after seeing all those suggestions and stuffs from last few days LOL
He needs a 4 weeks long holiday  Tongue

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:34:40 PM

I also found it annoying when I started reporting recently. I'm just using a mobile phone and it's really annoying to press back and wait (due to slow loading of Bitcointalk because of poor Internet connection) and sometimes it made me think about the same idea of yours. But lately, like those other replies, I've found out that long pressing the "report to moderator" link then open in new tab makes it easier when reporting. I don't know the reason why it redirect us to the board when reporting successfully instead of the thread /page where we report a posts.

But anyway, Opening in new tab really saves time. What a relief.

theymos is having a blast in his head after seeing all those suggestions and stuffs from last few days LOL
He needs a 4 weeks long holiday  Tongue
Yuph, the reporter badge isn't even released yet.

404 Not Found
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 05:10:38 AM

Yes it's working fine on pc. But most of time I am using mobile  Sad. However it's only temporary solution. But I think it will be more effective if redirect on parent page from where we started. I can't see any specific reason to redirect on board that post are reported from.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██