Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:16:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stare into the sun  (Read 7742 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

You're just lying now.  Like normal.  I just sent squall .042 BTC.  I sent him .1 last month.

Do you even have the ability to determine reality anymore?

I don't lie.  You, on the other hand, are a pathological liar.   Undecided

Your last 0.1btc payment to Squall was in Jan.  It's all public record, since as a proven scammer you cannot edit your posts.

You asked me to get involved.  You also gave your word to respect me.  Calling me a liar is not showing respect.

If your word is worth nothing, then you are worth nothing dank.   Undecided

If he has a problem he would contact me, I don't see why you feel the need to get in other people's business.

Did he not contact you?

Did he not ask you via PM to send him 0.1btc?

Did you not offer him via PM worthless potcoins instead?

HE HAS A PROBLEM - HE HAS CONTACTED YOU - PAY YOUR DEBT

I just paid him .042 BTC and .1 for the last month, meaning the month before.  So yes, January was .1, Feb was .042, looks like I still have several weeks to make this month's payment.  Take a chill pill vod.  Or better yet, put down the alcohol.

Why do the moderators let you spam your defamation posts all over this forum?  Obvious shill is obvious.  Take it to the proper thread if you wish to wine about something that has absolutely no bearing to you.

You're like the US government in Ukraine.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:04:18 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 08:36:24 PM by Vod

Why do the moderators let you spam your defamation posts all over this forum?  Obvious shill is obvious.  Take it to the proper thread if you wish to wine about something that has absolutely no bearing to you.

No bearing to me?  You and I are in agreement that as long as you don't keep your word, I am here to remind everyone else you are a liar and a thief.   Undecided

(Apologies to everyone else, but dank is ignoring squall's PMs)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

Why do the moderators let you spam your defamation posts all over this forum?  Obvious shill is obvious.  Take it to the proper thread if you wish to wine about something that has absolutely no bearing to you.

No bearing to me?  You and I are in agreement that as long as you don't keep your word, I am here to remind everyone else you are a liar and a thief.   Undecided

(Apologies to everyone else, but dank is ignoring squall's PMs)

It's flattering that your life revolves around me, but really, you should really consider focusing on yourself.

Squall has not been pming me, like you would even know if he was.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:06:13 PM

It's flattering that your life revolves around me, but really, you should really consider focusing on yourself.

Squall has not been pming me, like you would even know if he was.

You are a pathological liar.

Squall has PMed you asking for his 0.1btc payment for Feb - a payment you originally gave your word you would make.

You are ignoring him and not making the payment.

You are going back on your word.  Your word is all you are.  Your word is nothing.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:23:46 AM

Hey,
   what about staying on topic...

seriously though two points

1- fire walkers are a real and scientifically proven phenomena. There is definitely a scientific basis for mind over matter.

2- sun gazing at sunset and sunrise, the light of the sun is filtered through much more dust and moisture particles in the air, reducing the intensity.

This could mean that sun gazing could actually be okay and not harmful in some circumstances. Also, some people have suggested that to understand our purpose on this earth, we have to understand the purpose of the sun, since the earth is part of the solar system. It is quite plausible that the sun is conscious and in communication with other stars by means of flows of charged particles flowing through space. The sun could thereby be our means of communicating with the galaxy and other life forms on our neighboring star systems, which would mean that looking at the sun may be a means of tapping into galactic consciousness. Of course, the galaxy is still very small and dark.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:27:55 AM

Hey,

1- fire walkers are a real and scientifically proven phenomena. There is definitely a scientific basis for mind over matter.

Firewalking has nothing to do with "mind over matter"; it is a well understood and explained phenomenon:

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/arts/circus-arts/firewalking.htm

2- sun gazing at sunset and sunrise, the light of the sun is filtered through much more dust and moisture particles in the air, reducing the intensity.

This could mean that sun gazing could actually be okay and not harmful in some circumstances. Also, some people have suggested that to understand our purpose on this earth, we have to understand the purpose of the sun, since the earth is part of the solar system. It is quite plausible that the sun is conscious and in communication with other stars by means of flows of charged particles flowing through space. The sun could thereby be our means of communicating with the galaxy and other life forms on our neighboring star systems, which would mean that looking at the sun may be a means of tapping into galactic consciousness. Of course, the galaxy is still very small and dark.

Horseshit.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:50:26 AM

Hey,

Appreciate your explanation, makes very much sense to me.

FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 08:06:12 PM by FalconFly

Hey,

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/22/12883397-report-21-treated-for-burns-in-firewalk-during-robbins-motivational-seminar?lite
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ad_1212529290

Their injuries are just as real and scientifically fully predictable (common sense should suffice though, if available).

Those that professionally do it for show ("magicians" and "illusionists") are well-prepared for their shows. Pity to the fools who think their show is real and repeat it.
There's no fix for stupid. But at least there's the darwin awards...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:48:52 PM

Trying to bring back derailed thread with a funny animation relevant to original post.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/614710

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:14:27 PM

When I was at the beach in 2012, a friend of mine once said what if looking into the sun gave you wisdom and insight to your life and the universe.

I didn't really understand how that would work or anything so I didn't really believe it but thought it would be cool.  I instinctively concluded that it would damage your eyes and vision.  Until one day, I decided to try it.  I stared into the sun as it was setting, what I then saw was beyond anything I expected.  I saw the sun in it's true form, not just a white hot light, but a singular source of a vast amount of energy.

Throughout my journeys in life I would periodically stare into the sun, focus dead in the center and engulf myself in it's energy.  It gave me energy when I was weak.  It gave me humbleness when I sought wisdom.  The times I gazed into the sun most were the times I was eating the least and felt the most peace.

I reached the conclusion that what you see or feel when you stare into the sun is a reflection of your self.  If you believe it will hurt your eyes, it will.  If you believe you are equally powerful as the sun, it will flow through you and empower the very core of your consciousness.

There are civilizations that harness the sun's energy instead of food and some that have done so since ancient times, including the Aztecs, Incas and Egyptians.  People have been medically examined to abstain from food for periods of several months or longer by channeling the sun's mighty power for energy.

Our society bases a recommended caloric intake of 2000 per day and has resulted in an increased prevalence of obesity and disease.  The truth is once you have grown into your full body, there really is little need to each such consumptuous amounts of food.  I have fasted for four days harnessing a few minutes of sun per day, without lethargy or hunger.

I implore you to try for yourself next time the sun sets.  Tell me, what do you see?

LOL Is this supposed to be like that guy in India who says he hasn't eaten in decades and feeds off the sun?

That also came to my mind Smiley But really, are there people that actually believe that?
FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 08:09:06 PM by FalconFly

LOL Is this supposed to be like that guy in India who says he hasn't eaten in decades and feeds off the sun?

That also came to my mind Smiley But really, are there people that actually believe that?

I'm afraid so... Creepy, isn't it?

Reminds me of that old Einstein quote.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Think of them like defective machines acting erroneously due to firmware failure. Except they're human.
In their decaying condition, surprisingly little difference however. Both somehow seem to try to struggle on, but nothing they do makes sense anymore.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:11:50 AM

One may question if the stupidity arises from those who can do what others to perceive as impossible or those who claim it's impossible without even trying.

The mind has no limits, it just takes practice to open yourself and break free from the indoctrination of doubt modern life subjects us to.

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:33:23 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:55:26 AM by FalconFly

One may question if the stupidity arises from those who can do what others to perceive as impossible or those who claim it's impossible without even trying.

The mind has no limits, it just takes practice to open yourself and break free from the indoctrination of doubt modern life subjects us to.

The stupidity question arises when educated persons know how these tricks work - while uneducated persons fail to even have the slightest intention to do research on the matter.

Put another way : Those not stupid know it's impossibe without well-prepared tricks (which have their own merit, after all it's a good show and still involves risks), the stupid ones believe it's possible (cause they don't have the brainpower to even consider the chances they've been fooled). The darwinistic among the stupid try it - and pay the price.

Just two short examples of "trying if it's possible" I have linked above for educational purposes (to which you are immune).

The mind indeed has no limits - however, the rules of physics remain completely unaffected by that. Physics literally doesn't give a sh*t what monkey thinks he can do. Therefor, monkey better be careful.

But go ahead, pile up a few dozen cubic feet of red glowing coal and wander around on it for a while with nothing but bare feet. Or take both hands into a bright burning fireplace & take and hold some of the glowing stuff in your bare hands.
You'll have sufficient time in the hospital after "opening yourself" (literally, at least your extremeties) to ponder on these issues. With some luck, the doctors (thanks to being "indoctrinated in doubt your actions would be healthy") may be able to save another retarded drughead from amputation. On a good sidenote (at least for you), you'll receive tons of drugs to make the insane pain somewhat bearable. I think you'd like that detail. On second thought... no you wouldn't, you'd just suffer real bad.

To prove your Mind-over-Matter ideas, why don't you climb up a high voltage line and short it with your body (seriously : DON'T). You'd be in for an almost religious experience - one of the bad ones I mean. A truly shocking one to say the least. And I can absolutely guarantee you that - all without having tried that myself even a single time in my whole life. Who'd have tought ?!
Magic to the mentally poor, plain common sense for the educated...

PS.
Stupidity is not the primary problem for stupid people. For as long as they know they're stupid, they already won far more than half their struggle and can have a normal & happy life.
However, the problems usually start because stupid often doesn't realize or accept that he's stupid. That's when things go downhill very fast. Then, the moment stupid realizes he did something stupid - it's usually too late and the damage already done.

snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:25:25 AM

What is the benefits?

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:27:32 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:10:51 AM by LostDutchman

Speaking of staring into the Sun, I got an injection into my bad eye today in the hopes of improving things, so I think I will NOT be staring into that radiant orb.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
semaforo

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:29:47 AM

My experience with the phenomena of fire walking comes because I actually know a firewalker. It is a skill that can be cultivated, and some are better than others. Looking up some random articles on the internet is no substitute for real experience. This is the evil genius of facebook- the humans fundamental need for social interaction can be commodified- people are more isolated than ever, but are fulfilled by a substitute for social interaction that can be commodified and sold. Not to say that it isn't a tool that can be used for good- I am just pointing out that indirect modes of social interaction actually leave us more isolated, since such a large portion of our brains are tuned to pick up on minute variations in body language, pheremones, facial expressions, and subtle variations in tone.

As for pain and suffering, some researchers decided to investigate reports of Buddhist monks who could tolerate huge amounts of pain. They assumed they had some coping mechanism in their brains- but when they hooked them up to the scanners and pricked them in the hand with a needle, they found that the electrical impulses sent by their nervous system to the brain to trigger the pain response stopped part way up their arm- it never even reached their brain. In China open heart surgery was performed recently with acupuncture as the only form of anesthesia.

As for stupidity, if there is anything stupid it is probably the notion of stupidity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_range

I don't expect I can diminish the venom of the other posters here, but perhaps some lurkers will benefit from a more balanced discussion.
FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:53:50 AM

Just as an example, here's some news :
(because there were discussions about science, scientists and theories evolving from some of the brightest)

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/march/physics-cosmic-inflation-031714.html

Professor Andrei Linde being notified of the experiment results :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlfIVEy_YOA

(take a very close look at the way he describes his thoughts about the discovery, turns out he always questioned his own ideas & derived theory and still carefully looks for any errors - that's what defines a good scientist, more than that this also defines a very intelligent human)

A guy like that is also the biggest possible contrast to people like dank.
If instead of staring into the sun or writing nonsense into internet forums, people like dank would actually get up to get some education - this whole planet would be a much better place.

There's nothing wrong with taking a look at alternatives to established things. But these need to be carefully evaluated and assessed with knowledge, reason and common sense - not blindly believed.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:00:11 PM

What is the benefits?

From my experience, I noticed increased energy and peace within my life.  Less of a need to eat, and with less consumption of food comes more awareness/peace in one's life, as food is toxic and by nature is the destruction of self.

I would argue the sun offers wisdom and insight in one's life.  As someone else mentioned, the sun is a being and if you open your mind to the possibility you can communicate telepathically with it.

But all of these are limited to your own beliefs in such.  Imo, the more you stare into the sun, the more your mind will be opened to these and the more you will reap the benefits.

Also, there is evidence staring into the sun decalcifies your pineal gland and as it was measured in one individual, can actually increase the size of it over time.  Fluoride in today's water calcifies your pineal gland which is the part of your brain responsible for your connection to the universe.  A better functioning pineal gland will lead to more connection with others and the universe, as will it promote self evolvement on a conscious level, which means more understanding.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:52:42 PM

Firewalking is no mystery and certainly not anything supernatural:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewalking

"When two bodies of different temperatures meet, the hotter body will cool off, and the cooler body will heat up, until they are separated or until they meet at a temperature in between.[15] What that temperature is, and how quickly it is reached, depends on the thermodynamic properties of the two bodies. The important properties are temperature, density, specific heat capacity, and thermal conductivity.

The square root of the product of thermal conductivity, density, and specific heat capacity is called thermal effusivity, and tells how much heat energy the body absorbs or releases in a certain amount of time per unit area when its surface is at a certain temperature. Since the heat taken in by the cooler body must be the same as the heat given by the hotter one, the surface temperature must lie closer to the temperature of the body with the greater thermal effusivity. The bodies in question here are human feet (which mainly consist of water) and burning coals.

Due to these properties, David Willey, professor of physics with the University of Pittsburgh, says he believes firewalking is explainable in terms of basic physics and is not supernatural nor paranormal.[16] Willey notes that most fire-walks occur on coals that measure about 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit (550 degrees Celsius), but he once recorded someone walking on 1,800-degree (1,000 °C) coals.[3]

Additionally, Jearl Walker has postulated that walking over hot coals with wet feet may insulate the feet due to the Leidenfrost effect.[17]
Factors that prevent burning

Water has a very high specific heat capacity (4.184 J g−1 K−1), whereas embers have a very low one. Therefore the foot's temperature tends to change less than the coal's.
    Water also has a high thermal conductivity, and on top of that, the rich blood flow in the foot will carry away the heat and spread it. On the other hand, embers have a poor thermal conductivity, so the hotter body consists only of the parts of the embers which are close to the foot.
    When the embers cool down, their temperature sinks below the flash point, so they stop burning, and no new heat is generated.
    Firewalkers do not spend very much time on the embers, and they keep moving."

http://www.pitt.edu/~dwilley/Fire/FireTxt/fire.html

"It would seem then, that a firewalk of short length is something any physically fit person could do and that it does not need a particular state of mind. Rather, it is the short time of contact and the low thermal capacity and conductivity of the coals that is important, and it is not necessary for the feet to be moist nor callused, although either may be of slight benefit. Longer walks appear to be possible if a layer of insulating ash is allowed to build up on a well packed down bed, where the temperature has been allowed to fall significantly from what it was when the coals were at their hottest.

This is not to deny that one may feel empowered by having walked on fire, nor is it to dispute that it may improve self confidence. I do however believe that firewalking is understandable in terms of basic Physics and is not supernatural nor paranormal."

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
semaforo

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:50:19 PM

Two people can walk over the same coals at the same pace, and one will burn their feet while the other won't. I am not saying it is paranormal or supernatural- I am saying that it has to do with the inner state, and that the mind has a profound affect on the body. Also, it is well known by anyone who has walked around in a room while listening to a radio that their are electro-magnetic flows moving around us all the time. This is explained partly by variations in the earths magnetic field due to flows of magma in the earths core, and the interaction of the flows of solar radiation.

The nervous system, most prominently the cluster of neurons called the brain, functions through electrical impulses. Electrical conduction generates an electro-magnetic field, which in turn can be picked up by radio receivers. No one has been able yet to measure effects of electromagnetic activity on the behavior of individual neurons. However, thought forms may be able to have independent coherence, or sentience, on these frequencies. This would explain the descriptions in nearly every culture around the world of faeries (Ireland), elves(Germany), duendes(Spain and Latin America), kamis (Japan), jinn(Middle East). This can also effectively explain the global phenomena of possession, and the cases of the possessed speaking in languages they could not ordinarily speak.

Have fun with this one, materialists...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: