Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [s]To any audiophiles - Grado GS1000i Phones for sale[/s] - SOLD  (Read 2905 times)
snedie (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 02:31:24 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2011, 07:31:06 PM by snedie

Howdy,

So I take it if your reading this your serious about audio. Well, I have a pair of Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones for sale but they need a minor repair: The right ear cup has quite literally fallen off the the headband, and I do not want to attempt a repair. This has in no way affected the audio characteristics of these phones, and except for this they are in immaculate condition. They shoule be easy to repair with a Metal-Metal Epoxy Resin, but I am not the neatest of persons when it comes to making something look as good as new which is the reason I have not repaired them myself.

Right now I have not put a price on them so I am open to any offers, but please refrain from offering stupidly low values (I'm more than certain you know how much these are worth  Cool). I will be taking pictures as soon as I get access to a high res camera (Next few hours) so please expect them at some point today. For now please view this video I took a while back to wet your appetite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9wx_uXlrCs

I am more than happy to post anywhere in the UK for free (Or you can collect, I live in Hull), I will consider posting to the EU too via DHL or a similar courier but postage costs will need to be paid for by you. Now I have never shipped anything to the USA but I can't imagine it to be spectacularly hard so please contact me (In here or by PM: My private email is seddonj@hotmail.co.uk) if you are interested.

Well that's it for now folks, and as I say I will post up pictures ASAP.  Cheesy

[edit] Here are the pictures I currently have:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/KoFsnedie/IMG_0370.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/KoFsnedie/IMG_0327.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/KoFsnedie/IMG_0326.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2011, 02:44:31 PM

I've got a friend who might be interested.
Would you ship to Latin America? Obviously increased shipping price.
They're in great condition except the cup?

A good new price is 1000usd, I'm not sure what the used market is like, what kind of range are you expecting?
I think a lot of people are afraid to buy these used and if they can afford them they'd get them new.
They're great though,  wouldn't mind a pair but out of my budget, still my friend would have way more need so I'm asking on his behalf.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

I've got a friend who might be interested.
Would you ship to Latin America? Obviously increased shipping price.
They're in great condition except the cup?

A good new price is 1000usd, I'm not sure what the used market is like, what kind of range are you expecting?
I think a lot of people are afraid to buy these used and if they can afford them they'd get them new.
They're great though,  wouldn't mind a pair but out of my budget, still my friend would have way more need so I'm asking on his behalf.

Yes they are in perfect condition other than the original compression fitting that holds the right ear cup has come loose. It does push back on, but often falls off randomly during use if you jostle your head. I'm certain all it requires is some sort of an Epoxy Resin or high strength glue that will permanently hold the cup on.

I was hoping to get somewhere around $800 USD (I think I paid $950 second hand one year ago), but all offers will be considered. It took me about two months to find a pair for sale and in the end I had to request for a pair on an audio forum, luckily someone was considering selling his pair and I had them the next week.

If your friend wants I can make a video showing exactly where the cup has come loose (I will be taking high res pictures today) so that he can see if it looks repairable to him. I am more than happy to provide him with a 30 day money back guarantee so that he can decide if he likes them or not: I do ask that he make his decision on this before attempting any repairs, I will not accept them back if he has attempted this and damaged them further (naturally).

Hope this helps
snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 03:00:57 PM

Added some pictures that I had on my computer
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2011, 03:10:28 PM

I'll let you know. He does audio production so I don't know if these are something he would be interested in for sure.
Obviously they're top notch and I love to have them if I could afford to just throw money around.
I think it's the kind of thing he'd only go for if you were trying to dump them cheap.
Let's see how it goes and what kind of offers you get.

Mind if I ask why you're trying to sell them?

moneyandtech.com
snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 03:26:09 PM

I'll let you know. He does audio production so I don't know if these are something he would be interested in for sure.
Obviously they're top notch and I love to have them if I could afford to just throw money around.
I think it's the kind of thing he'd only go for if you were trying to dump them cheap.

Well to be honest I've been concentrating more and more on my home cinema, and have spent so much time with speakers that I have moved away from headphones per-say. Although the Grado have a much, much better tonal quality I've just become accustomed to speakers and find myself listening to music on them more often than not. The money I get from them will undoubtedly go into my cinema, probably to buy two new pairs of speakers to get me into the 9.1 system I've wanted for quite some time. Or maybe a new custom subwoofer so that the neighbors can enjoy my movies too  Grin

I know a couple of audio producers myself and if your friend is like them (They all seem to have the same personality I find) I can't see him been too interested in them. They tend to only use headphones when speakers are not permitted (Say in a home studio late at night): Most listeners of music use speakers, so creating music on speakers is usually the best way to get a good sound. As I said though, I am open to offers so tell him to feel free to make one  Cheesy
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2011, 03:46:26 PM

Well to be honest I've been concentrating more and more on my home cinema, and have spent so much time with speakers that I have moved away from headphones per-say. Although the Grado have a much, much better tonal quality I've just become accustomed to speakers and find myself listening to music on them more often than not. The money I get from them will undoubtedly go into my cinema, probably to buy two new pairs of speakers to get me into the 9.1 system I've wanted for quite some time. Or maybe a new custom subwoofer so that the neighbors can enjoy my movies too  Grin

I know a couple of audio producers myself and if your friend is like them (They all seem to have the same personality I find) I can't see him been too interested in them. They tend to only use headphones when speakers are not permitted (Say in a home studio late at night): Most listeners of music use speakers, so creating music on speakers is usually the best way to get a good sound. As I said though, I am open to offers so tell him to feel free to make one  Cheesy

Yeah, he uses headphones a lot but it's not the situation where he needs something with this quality. If he's DJing or recording of course he needs them but these are for listening pleasure the way I understand them if that makes sense. I might talk to him today or in a few days I'll throw it out there though.

moneyandtech.com
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 05:35:33 PM

One of the biggest reasons not to use headphones when mixing a recording is that you can not accurately and properly hear phase cancellation with headphones. You need speakers and the ability to put them into 'mono' mode helps tremendously.

good luck selling the cans snedie.
snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 11:19:37 PM

One of the biggest reasons not to use headphones when mixing a recording is that you can not accurately and properly hear phase cancellation with headphones. You need speakers and the ability to put them into 'mono' mode helps tremendously.

good luck selling the cans snedie.

I swear I was just about to say that  Grin.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: