Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:52:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush and his relation to DDoS attackers  (Read 4887 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:33:43 PM

Hi,

I have very strong evidence that Slush is directly to blame for the recent DDoS attacks on bitcoin.cz.

I think I have finally stumbled across enough concrete evidence using nothing but the deductive reasoning skills learned on this forum in the aftermath of the finger pointing at another Pool for it's so-called responsibility in the recent wave of DDoS attacks against competing pools.

Fortunately the timeline's speak for themselves and it will be difficult to argue the facts once provided.

Slush was recently caught mining NMC without the concent of his pool. Untill questioned, he had given no evidence that the NMC would be returned to his userbase, although once caught, he did one of the best back peddling routines I have ever witnessed on this forum, attributing 'Testing' to the reasoning behind his abuse of authority as a mining pool operator.

Here's where the situation becomes more of a chicken vs. egg scenario, due to attacks being ongoing.

There is strong evidence to support a claim that the secretly mined NMC that Slush aquired was to be used as a payoff to a Botnet OP to keep bitcoin.cz safe from attacks and once paid, the attacks would then be focused on other competing pools, funded by Slush himself.

Unfortunately, once this masterplan began falling apart at the seems, thanks to the tireless efforts of others in the NMC community (wondering where such a large amount of NMC could have been mined from) and their efforts to find the culprit, Slush was forced to rethink his strategy and come clean before official accusations were made - meaning the NMC that were to be used as an insurance policy, would now need to be redistributed back to the users who's resources were actually responsible for their generation/mining in the first place.

With no NMC bounty left to be paid to the Botnet OP, Slush was left to suffer a DDoS attack in conjunction with the other pools that he had initially wanted other attacks directed at in the process, but this was not all for nothing as it were, because during this downtime slush had re-thought his plan and decided to impliment official merged mining, to take advantage of the dire situation and make it work the best that he could...in the grand scheme of things.

Now, throw in the odd sad post, an attempt to further damage another pool by routing DNS traffic thier way....and one might just have enough time to re-work a pool so that he could be one of the first (PUBLIC) merged mining pools, while others were forced to deal with the attacks themselves.

Best,
bitlane.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:52:05 PM

I'm not sure if that is meant to be a joke, or a paranoid fantasy you should have kept to yourself.
twmz

Activity: 737

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:51:08 PM

Nice troll.

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
nodemaster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 06:59:36 PM

I can report, that slush already told me that he is going to pay his members the merge mined NMC even before he had implemented merged mining. That was at times of BCXs upcoming 51% attack which never happened (http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=308). But of course you are right its only my word and i can not proof it. However, sorry to disapoint you, but there was someone else faster unveiling the fact that slush and me are working towards total world domination with all Bitcoin users being our evil minions (http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2106#p2106). This is going to become a great conspiracy theory! Let me get my popcorn ready!

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 07:12:00 PM

There is strong evidence to support a claim that the secretly mined NMC

There's nothing like "secret merged mining", firstly learn how it works. Example of merged mining block on my pool: http://blockexplorer.com/rawblock/00000000000007f894490c7659ea6e257c75b51d067e78ba4adda05b07dbce27 You can see that coinbase is different (much longer, because cointains namecoin data) than block found without merged mining (deepbit): http://blockexplorer.com/rawblock/000000000000013b4c307a3b99f4bd7761c58349356f3fd64a1102ac513ab610

I must be an idiot to think that nobody will notice my pool is doing MM. Which is pretty strong evidence that you're wrong :-).

Also there are many people who had an information about planned merged mining. And also about my plan to give away all those coins to people. Mainly vinced (main namecoin developer), doublec, cosurgi, nodemaster. Fact that it wasn't published on this forum does not mean there was some 'conspiracy'. I was talking about it on namecoin IRC even before official merged mining started.

That's everything what I want to say.

Edit: I was talking about this ^ on the forum and IRC already, I didn't say anything new. I'm just sumarizing that because some people who don't follow this 'affair' may trust some troll post just because they don't know other facts.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:19:29 PM

While an opt-in beta system would've been the better route to go, I highly doubt slush ever intended to hide/keep the NMC that was generated.  Even if nobody noticed it beforehand, you can be damn sure once he announced merged mining on his pool people would've gone back to previous blocks he mined to check.

Quit trolling.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:22:17 PM

So then, without the NMC bounty, did you use BTC or cash to pay the Botnet OP to attack other pools in order to buy you enough time to be the first big pool to get merged mining completed and made public ?

nodemaster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 07:38:25 PM

So then, without the NMC bounty, did you use BTC or cash to pay the Botnet OP to attack other pools in order to buy you enough time to be the first big pool to get merged mining completed and made public ?

Oh c'mon. What's your point? It's one thing to say slush should have done an opt-in beta as eleu suggested or to say it was a rash decision to post about some other pool having some correlation to the source of the DDoSes. Perhaps it was emotional and written with way too less sleep. We can talk about that and I guess the two persons in question already did that with the nessecary professionality. At least they are not mud-wrestling on the forum. However this are things you might criticize and all other may contribute to this discourse if you think its still nessecary.

But IMHO its something else to oppose slushs reputation and his integrity regarding payouts of his pool. It doesn't seem opportune to accuse someone of something which can be falsified with a look at the block explorer.
digital

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:47:04 PM

Trollololol

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 07:51:38 PM

this is what you get from a strong btcg "supporter" to lazy to look for himself the real facts happened lately

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:53:58 PM

Oh c'mon. What's your point? It's one thing to say slush should have done an opt-in beta as eleu suggested or to say it was a rash decision to post about some other pool having some correlation to the source of the DDoSes. Perhaps it was emotional and written with way too less sleep. We can talk about that and I guess the two persons in question already did that with the nessecary professionality. At least they are not mud-wrestling on the forum. However this are things you might criticize and all other may contribute to this discourse if you think its still nessecary.

But IMHO its something else to oppose slushs reputation and his integrity regarding payouts of his pool. It doesn't seem opportune to accuse someone of something which can be falsified with a look at the block explorer.
Well, luckilly Slush's army of "CRIMINAL OPOSITION" is large enough for him to find a shoulder to cry on.....

With the amount of retards posting on this forum that all seem to have taken their lead from HIS accusations, it's a wonder that he still gets the level of respect he does......Oh right, he would NEVER give into a Botnet. Slush = JESUS....holier than thou. Keep fighting the good fight Slush and be sure to leave a trail of disparaging comments and accusations along the way, only to fuel the fires and posts of complete RETARDS that continue to fight in your honor......EVEN THOUGH YOU SEEM TO HAVE MADE PEACE WITH IT (or so I was just informed). It looks like your mission has been accomplished, but it's nice to see that you did not come out unscathed, as your pool has taken a nice drop in hashing power in the process.

But hey, at the end of the day, you were the first BIG pool to offer merged mining....right ?

Profit at any cost.....JUST REMEMBER TO SAY SORRY.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:56:23 PM

this is what you get from a strong btcg "supporter" to lazy to look for himself the real facts happened lately
Ooohh....a fan club.
It seems you take donations (LMAO) for what you post, so how much would it take for a bottom feeder like you....to NOT POST ?
(btc ready and waiting....just name an amount)

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 08:12:02 PM

Ooohh....a fan club.
It seems you take donations (LMAO) for what you post, so how much would it take for a bottom feeder like you....to NOT POST ?
(btc ready and waiting....just name an amount)

hope i didn't offend you in any way sorry, just wanted to point out this subject has been discussed already and we got our conclusions too, no need to post the stuff you did and accusing ppl. I can think from your posts you could be the botnet op harassing btcg all this time  too. Pls calm down and get up to date before posting something like this

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 08:18:50 PM

it's nice to see that you did not come out unscathed, as your pool has taken a nice drop in hashing power in the process.

lol the entire network has dropped in hashing power...Deepbit has lost 1500-2500 over the past month and a half and BTCGuild has dropped 1000-1500...

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Littleshop
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 02:11:38 AM

Your intensions may have been good who knows since you never bothered to announce them publicly, but the way you implemented the merged mining was in an underhanded dirty little way...

Are you re-writing history?  He did announce plans publicly, just not here.  He did not do this in secret.  Just because he is working on a new feature, does not mean he needs to tell EVERYBODY about it while he is working on it. 

Thank you Slush.  You are providing me with more revenue with very little extra work on my side.  I hope you are making plenty of money and this is all worth your time. 

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 02:29:54 AM

Your intensions may have been good who knows since you never bothered to announce them publicly, but the way you implemented the merged mining was in an underhanded dirty little way...

Are you re-writing history?  He did announce plans publicly, just not here.  He did not do this in secret.  Just because he is working on a new feature, does not mean he needs to tell EVERYBODY about it while he is working on it. 

Thank you Slush.  You are providing me with more revenue with very little extra work on my side.  I hope you are making plenty of money and this is all worth your time. 

Your trying too he implemented the merged mining like a thief in the night every other pool announced they were doing it in advance only to find out slush went ahead and scammed up the coins for his pool by doing it in secret without giving anyone the opportunity to join in his effort. If he had nothing to hide then he could have made same announcement as the others did and I don't care what anyone says the way he did it was a no good low down scummy little move on his part.

Your first sentence makes no sense.  You have both grammar problems and an incomplete thought with a lie thrown at the end.

Does didn't close his pool, so he did not block anyone from joining his effort.  Solving blocks for ones own pool is how things work, it is not 'scamming them up for his pool', otherwise all pools are scamming them up.  Should he be solving them and handing the coins out to people not in his pool?

Also spell intentions not intensions.

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 03:44:43 AM

Yeha spelling and grammar nazi when he implemented the merged mining contrary to everyone else he did it in secret with no announcement so people who actually would have been there for the merged had no chance to get that boost to their earning instead they were stuck on the smaller pools who were getting next to none of the blocks he was scamming up for his pool.
Again, second time now, he did not do it in secret.  There is evidence to prove this.  This issue is over.

In case you are too thick to get it no one but his already existing pool members got to benefit from his actions as they never had the chance to do so.
Why does he have to do things that benefit people OUTSIDE of his pool?   You are just nuts this one.  He did things to benefit his own members.  Sounds like the way it should be to me, and it makes you seem really thick!

It was only after people starting asking the question just what scumbag pool was scooping all the coins was it revealed it was the slush pool.

Now you are re-writing history.

slush
Legendary

Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 03:48:08 AM

so people who actually would have been there for the merged had no chance to get that boost to their earning

Tell me, please - why are you lying?

1) I have no responsibility to announce YOU that pool is mining namecoin for *pool members*. People who were mining on the pool were collecting namecoins since first MM block.

2) I didn't announced it *officially* before, because I wasn't sure it will work. And there were really scalability issues, so announce "pool is mining namecoins" and then turn off merged mining would be much worse for my reputation. However people around namecoins DID know that I'm preparing it many days before MM launch. You looks so interested in namecoin, I'm curious why you wasn't on IRC when we spoke about it. However, it's YOUR fault, not mine.

3) I announce merged mining on forum, but giveaway was something like *week* later. You had hell long time to jump to my pool and earn some bucks while there was low difficulty.

Finally - I don't understand this 'affair' completely. It's my pool, my pool members, I gave them all mined namecoins and it wasn't because of some weird conspiracy theory about DDoS (lol). So what are you talking about?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:57:19 AM

SAC spends so much time licking BCXs' balls that he's starting to think like him, that everybody needs to tell him in advance all they do. SAC, do you also want slush to give you the source code to his pool?

Slush, you better warn SAC with 5 minutes advance the next time you fart or else he will be as mad as a cow...
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:03:55 AM

Your trying too he implemented the merged mining like a thief in the night every other pool announced they were doing it in advance only to find out slush went ahead and scammed up the coins for his pool by doing it in secret without giving anyone the opportunity to join in his effort. If he had nothing to hide then he could have made same announcement as the others did and I don't care what anyone says the way he did it was a no good low down scummy little move on his part.

Your first sentence makes no sense.  You have both grammar problems and an incomplete thought with a lie thrown at the end.

Does didn't close his pool, so he did not block anyone from joining his effort.  Solving blocks for ones own pool is how things work, it is not 'scamming them up for his pool', otherwise all pools are scamming them up.  Should he be solving them and handing the coins out to people not in his pool?

Also spell intentions not intensions.

Yeha spelling and grammar nazi when he implemented the merged mining contrary to everyone else he did it in secret with no announcement so people who actually would have been there for the merged had no chance to get that boost to their earning instead they were stuck on the smaller pools who were getting next to none of the blocks he was scamming up for his pool. In case you are too thick to get it no one but his already existing pool members got to benefit from his actions as they never had the chance to do so. It was only after people starting asking the question just what scumbag pool was scooping all the coins was it revealed it was the slush pool. As I said before who knows what he was up to we will never know if there was not the questions being asked if there would ever have been an announcement. Because of the scummy way he did it it leads to suspicions as to his motives to start with..

see your wrong, i was minging with nmcbit and deepbit before MM, i knew from following the nmc talk and the nmcbit thread that slush was working on getting MM on his pool weeks before the official block (there was a big deal about mis-communication when MM was going to be implemented before the official block # to use Slush's hashing power to save the NMC network from BEX's attack that was called off thankfully).  because of this I switched to slush's pool the morning MM was official, and i made close to 300 NMC in the week it took to get the accounting setup properly.

and by your implication that slush was "scamming" NMC because his pool had more hashing power than the smaller pools...does that mean Deepbit "scams" BTC from all the other pools since it finds more blocks? No because the bigger the pool the smaller the cut of each block each person gets.

But i know i'm wasting my time on here typing this, there is no arguing with trolls who get off of #WINNING arguments on the internetz. Enjoy your orgasm as you respond.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀