Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin FTP - Share your media with fellow Bitcoiners! [TEMPORARILY CLOSED]  (Read 3497 times)
Anonymous

March 27, 2011, 04:00:49 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2011, 02:11:23 AM by Atlas

The Bitcoin FTP can be found at:

http://ftp://livefreeordie.dyndns.org

Use your favorite FTP client to access.

The login is satoshi and the password is the original crypto-currency we all know and love. Bandwidth is low so it is best used for books and such.

Enjoy and use common sense (i.e. don't mess up the server).

Also, use SSL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 04:03:37 AM

Is this on your home machine?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

March 27, 2011, 04:05:08 AM

Yes, yes it is. One of them. It's up 24/7.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 04:07:26 AM

Yes, yes it is. One of them.

This is a bad idea, at least from the perspective that you might not want to host files beyond your personal review on a machine in your home.  Because dynamic dns is easily backtraced to your actual address, if you are the right person (or agent of the state).  A hidden service over Tor would be wiser.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Anonymous

March 27, 2011, 04:11:37 AM

Yes, yes it is. One of them.

This is a bad idea, at least from the perspective that you might not want to host files beyond your personal review on a machine in your home.  Because dynamic dns is easily backtraced to your actual address, if you are the right person (or agent of the state).  A hidden service over Tor would be wiser.
I'll keep tabs. I may go the tor route soon.
Anonymous

March 27, 2011, 04:22:09 AM

I'll upload my book collection to give this thing a boost.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 02:38:39 PM

Appears unreachable to filezilla

Anonymous

March 27, 2011, 06:15:16 PM

It works with other clients. In summary, Filezilla is garbage.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 07:48:21 PM

It works with other clients. In summary, Filezilla is garbage.

Silly statement, since Filezilla logged onto it in under a second just now, and I didn't so much as reboot Filezilla.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 08:01:52 PM

You have an impressive ebook library.

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 02:18:57 PM

Also, use SSL.
FTP over explicit TLS/SSL (FTPES) on FileZilla.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 02:34:25 PM

I don't know how to use ftp via SSL.  I tried with sftp but no answer from the server.

Anyway, if you want to share these for free, why don't you make an archive and share it via torrent?

­­­­­­satoshi

March 28, 2011, 05:30:01 PM

Atlas here. Server is back up.

Also, people can't upload to torrents. This is just as easy for ebooks anyways.
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 01:01:40 AM

I'm having trouble getting the files on there. I created a directory, survival. But whenever I try to transfer the files (using Filezilla) I get an error.
Anonymous

March 29, 2011, 01:34:50 AM

Try now.
Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 01:42:49 AM

I don't know, I can't get it. I just changed it to SFTP, but it still isn't working. Before I did that, I got this

Status:   Starting upload of C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Guns\Survival\How To - Dry Food.txt
Command:   CWD /Ebooks/Survival
Response:   250 OK. Current directory is /Ebooks/Survival
Command:   TYPE A
Response:   200 TYPE is now ASCII
Command:   PASV
Response:   227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,100,195,87)
Status:   Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
Command:   STOR (ebook) - Survival - How To - Dry Food.txt
Response:   553-Can't open that file: Permission denied
Response:   553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory
Error:   Critical file transfer error

EDIT: I'd like to add that I'm able to download the files.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 01:46:34 AM

I don't know, I can't get it. I just changed it to SFTP, but it still isn't working. Before I did that, I got this

Looks like a permissions problem on your end.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Anonymous

March 29, 2011, 01:49:50 AM

I deleted the folder. Try starting fresh.
Distribution

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 01:50:29 AM

I got one, but I had to do it manually. What a pain this will be.
Anonymous

March 29, 2011, 01:55:03 AM

Hm, what client are you using again? 0_o

Anyways, I'll get your BTC to you ASAP.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: