Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is everyone waiting on the fairy God whales today?  (Read 2621 times)
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:36:45 PM

I'm tired of losing money investing in what I think to be a logical market. The reality is it wouldn't take more than 1 Ukrainean investor shifting a moderate piece of wealth to cause what we saw yesterday.

I think it's likely that at least a few wealthy people will buy Bitcoin the closer we get to a war or major occupation.

I withdrew BTC from the market and I'm just HODLING now.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

I see more and more articles where some rich guy says "I bought a lot of bitcoins a few months ago". I always think...when was that? What did it do to the price? Were they part of one of the uptrends?

There are a lot of rich people out there. The more that are exposed to Bitcoin, the more of these guys will jump in and buy a bunch.

News articles about how the Bitcoin price is dropping is like chumming the waters for rich investors.

Even a guy at work who knows about Bitcoin but was never interested in buying said he wanted to buy some after hearing that the price was lower because an exchange went down.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

So you're saying we'll either go up or go down?

No.

I was saying we will definitely go down, unless some X-Factor force comes to the market which cannot be predicted or accounted for...such as the 3K BTC buy-in bomb dropping motherfucker that was buying like crazy yesterday with no regard for getting a good price.

Seems the fairy god whale never showed up.

Ah okay, I misunderstood. Now I see. You're saying the market will definitely go down unless for one reason or another, it goes up.
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:46:03 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 01:03:43 AM by MatTheCat

Ah okay, I misunderstood. Now I see. You're saying the market will definitely go down unless for one reason or another, it goes up.

Either some serious big spenders come to market who don't give two craps about getting a good price for their 10K+ bitcoins (such as seen yesterday), or we are going down to test lower limits of trendline at around $590 -$610.

If some mad bastard with 20 million USD comes to market, then obviously all that is blown out the water and this is something that cant be legislated for.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:18:58 AM

njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:29:11 AM

I see more and more articles where some rich guy says "I bought a lot of bitcoins a few months ago". I always think...when was that? What did it do to the price? Were they part of one of the uptrends?
Anyone worth their salt doesn't buy on a major exchange. They buy OTC, in bulk, at below market rates. You won't see what the big boys are doing that easily.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:03:42 PM

Seems like he never came back......

......except perhaps to try and cash out some of his rather over hastily bought 20K BTC or whatever.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

I refuse to get nervous until ~590. Then, however, I will panic like a sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse :D

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:29:10 PM

I refuse to get nervous until ~590. Then, however, I will panic like a sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse Cheesy

I wouldn't do that, I would start buying around there.

oda.krell
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:16:40 PM

I refuse to get nervous until ~590. Then, however, I will panic like a sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse Cheesy

I wouldn't do that, I would start buying around there.

Wasn't entirely serious. I'm sitting on my hands right now anyway until I get a clearer picture of what is going on.

I do think of up to around590 as a reasonable retracement on the gains we made since Feb 25, but going lower than that will make me doubt the (mid term) reversal, that I saw as the most likely scenario so far.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: