Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt ASICS, ASIC resistance, and GPU mining.  (Read 648 times)
corather (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:17:09 PM

This is both a question and I'm going to offer a prediction.

There's a lot of talk about the new scrypt asics hitting the market and what it means for scrypt technology. Some are in favor of them while others are not, and there are good reasons on either side of the issue. Some say that new technology like X-11 should be implemented across the board to ensure that scrypt mining is made more resistant to centralization, whereas others believe that asic's are the future of the crypto mining world.

What do you think will happen in the coming days for scrypt coin technology?

I will offer this prediction. I think that some coins (not predicting which ones) will welcome asic tech, while others will implement measures to counter the technology. It will happen organically and the market will benefit from this activity. Each developer making the decision based on the needs and philosophy of the coin they work on based on their respective markets and client base. This activity will not only strengthen the scrypt market but will also allow further developments to arise such as possible hybrids that work well with both GPU and asic tech, working in harmony to achieve a solid transaction network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:29:34 PM

Myriadcoin (the 1st Multi-PoW). Here's why:

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/22rnbf/a_case_for_multipows_as_the_next_step_towards/

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: