Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't withdraw Solidcoins  (Read 2063 times)
Frodek (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:48:41 PM

Can't withdraw Solidcoins from trade:
"Withdraw Solidcoins
There is currently a bug in the Solidcoin 2.01 Beta 7 (and probably 8, too) that affects the send SLC API call. The SC developer is aware of it and is working on a fix. Until then SLC withdrawals are disabled. Thanks for your patience!"

When it will correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 02:33:42 PM

Wow, I'm glad all RS/CH's releases are "properly tested".

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:19:00 PM

All hail the superiority of rushed, closed source code.
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:19:50 PM

The releases are clearly labeled "beta", I hope everybody knows what that means  Wink
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:10:35 PM

The releases are clearly labeled "beta", I hope everybody knows what that means  Wink
They may be labeled "beta", but it seems to be recommended that everyone uses them. From what I've heard, the last non-beta release may not even be able to update its blockchain anymore.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:25:54 PM

A cryptocurrency client that loses transactions and funds would fit better in the "alpha" category. With a large red letter disclaimer before downloading it.

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
Spacy

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:05:02 PM

This isn't a bug, this is Coinhunter locking down the wallets to slow Solidcoin down.

Why should he slow down SC? New beta with fixed transactions is already out...
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:09:21 PM

This isn't a bug, this is Coinhunter locking down the wallets to slow Solidcoin down.

Why should he slow down SC? New beta with fixed transactions is already out...

Why should he do all the other stupid things he does?
localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:59:51 PM

Why should he do all the other stupid things he does?
Because that's exactly what his fanboys like.
"Withdraw Solidcoins
There is currently a bug in the Solidcoin 2.01 Beta 7 (and probably 8, too) that affects the send SLC API call. The SC developer is aware of it and is working on a fix. Until then SLC withdrawals are disabled. Thanks for your patience!"
At least now we know how many people the development team contains...

-
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1284

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:15:51 PM

There's nothing inherently wrong with having only one active developer (I'm the only active developer for Litecoin).
Here's what's really bad though:
- RealSollid thinks he's a super advanced coder and thinks he can do no wrong
- he works on a closed source project by himself without any input or supervision
- he releases hasty untested buggy releases (a lot of times to patch up previous bugs)
- his project controls a lot of real money, so any transaction related bug can be devastating for users
- and lastly, users are forced to use his latest untested elease because his trusted nodes effectively rejects clients that are not on the latest client.

Really, this is just asking for trouble. Bitcoin developers spend months testing anything that could potentially be harmful to users, because they know that they are working on a critical financial software that affects millions of real dollars.

The releases are clearly labeled "beta", I hope everybody knows what that means  Wink

Spacy, it doesn't matter if you label it "beta" or even "alpha" if all users are forced to use the latest client. With Bitcoin (and Litecoin), users are not forced to use the latest beta release if they are not comfortable with the beta quality. They can still use the previous stable release if they want.

Agreed... BUT since the coin is already being traded on exchanges etc. right now then it is a LOT less beta and a lot more live no matter what the client is labeled.  Perhaps someone should request the exchanges to pull SC until we go to "live" clients?  And not worry about coin generate changes that are based more directly on exchange prices?

viperjbm, hopefully you are realizing how bad the situation with SolidCoin can become. Sure a competent and benevolent dictator may be good, but if you find out that the dictator is not really benevolent nor competent, it's too late.

localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:23:21 PM

There's nothing inherently wrong with having only one active developer (I'm the only active developer for Litecoin).
Here's what's really bad though:
- RealSollid thinks he's a super advanced coder and thinks he can do no wrong
- he works on a closed source project by himself without any input or supervision
- he releases hasty untested buggy releases (a lot of times to patch up previous bugs)
- his project controls a lot of real money, so any transaction related bug can be devastating for users
- and lastly, users are forced to use his latest untested elease because his trusted nodes effectively rejects clients that are not on the latest client.

Really, this is just asking for trouble. Bitcoin developers spend months testing anything that could potentially be harmful to users, because they know that they are working on a critical financial software that affects millions of real dollars.
You forgot about the massive economy changes every other week Wink But yes indeed I was thinking about the combination of one-person dev "team" plus close-source thing. (= if the dev vanishes, so do the chances to carry on from where he left)

-
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:32:48 PM

You forgot about the massive economy changes every other week Wink But yes indeed I was thinking about the combination of one-person dev "team" plus close-source thing. (= if the dev vanishes, so do the chances to carry on from where he left)

Yeah I forgot to add:
- he makes rash massive economy changes to the coin without any open discussions about the reasons and the consequences of his changes

And if he disappears, all the money you've invested in SolidCoin goes poof. Think about that!
I can disappear, and someone would just take over the development of Litecoin. Gavin and gang could disappear, and Bitcoin will still be ok. Checkout what Gavin said in another thread:

CoinHunter, what will happen to SolidCoin if, God forbid, you get hit by a bus? What are the plans for the trusted CPF wallets? Do your heirs get control of them?

If CoinHunter/RealSolid gets hit by a bus, SolidCoin will be pretty much dead in the water.

Spacy

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:41:00 PM

If CoinHunter/RealSolid gets hit by a bus, SolidCoin will be pretty much dead in the water.

Not necessarely, some people have already the source code and also some trusted address wallets...
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:59:42 PM

If you're having transaction problems, I feel bad for you son...

... I got 99 problems but a SolidCoin aint one.

Cool

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 07:09:19 PM

If you're having transaction problems, I feel bad for you son...

... I got 99 problems but a SolidCoin aint one.

Cool

I wish I could check out the source code. I would love to know what caused these transaction problems. I have a feeling that it's ArtForz/BCX targeted transaction killing code that's affecting more people than RealSolid intended. But that's just a hunch. I guess I will likely never know the real reason.

johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 02:06:09 AM

Coinotrons stat page still has bold red warning text about SC payouts.

Also, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50016.msg596656#msg596656

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Spacy

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:27:25 AM

Coinotrons stat page still has bold red warning text about SC payouts.

Also, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50016.msg596656#msg596656

Coinotron payment came through to my account with no problems, do you have any problems with Coinotron?
penix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 10:45:25 PM

This software is awfully buggy for something that is supposedly "ready for (the) Bitcoin collapse".
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:15:23 PM

if exchanges, pools, and every user has to update their software everytime there's a bug (which appears to be awefully often), admins are going to get tired of having update everytime, they'll give up. Stick with with stable Alt coins like LTC.
netadacadug

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:29:14 AM

Hi everyone,
The sites I listed below paid me everyday. Based on my experience. Don't worry, Coinn.io (we can withdraw capital, it takes 24h to proceed), and we can withdraw the interest everyday ( 0.15 % per hour or 3.60% per day)
Crypto Share.biz ( interest is 10-15% daily), but we can't withdraw the initial because it is the deposit forever.but here you have 0.001 a activ deposit free
Interested ,please follow my links below
https://coinn.io/?ref=azinou   
http://solidcoins.biz/?ref=azinou
https://cryptoshare.biz/?ref=azinou (0.001 btc actif free deposit)
Keep posting your message here so that we can get to know more about each website
Good luck everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: