Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization  (Read 301329 times)
dareja

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:34:16 PM

Bitcoinfog is down since yesterday, anybody know if the service goes back online again or is the website now down forever?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clydez

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:49:24 PM

Bitcoin fog has been down for at least 3 days now?  Is this an exit scam?  Fucking these fucking scammers  Angry Angry Angry
JFXu

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:50:46 AM

Servers are back on-line. 5 days without The Pioneer of "making Bitcoin truly anonymous" felt like weeks had gone by. The 1.397 coinage was still in the account and made it safely out. However the "news" claims "We are working on resolving the problem. The deposits are not in any danger." But I would hold off on making deposits. The new coins I sent for tumbling still hasn't shown up. I am a long time supporter and will continue to trust Fog. Will update upon any further changes.
doctor92

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:51:53 AM

sent over 1BTC to my account, after 14h there are no BTC yet.
I can log in to my acount but my balance is 0.0BTC

So please guys don't use this service.

I am waiting for the support's answer.
Furious546

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:00:24 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 10:26:56 PM by Furious546

Same problem here, i sent +3 BTC yesterday, i used Bitcoin Fog several times without any problem so i trust them but i can see bitcoins on blockchain but not the BTC on my Bitcoin Fog account.

Now 96 confirmations and still nothing!! I sent a PM to the staff and i wait an answer, i Hope my BTC are not lost... Sad

Any info about this issue and what happens ?

I precise for "Akemashite Omedetou", I'm a new member here but not on Bitcoin Fog i can send you my nickname, details about btc sent,  and all details about my PM sent without any answer!
hokihoki

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:02:12 PM

I deposited 2BTC about 3 days ago and have not yet received. However, I have already checked the blackchain my wallet address and my money is still there. I don't know what's going on, it's not showing on my fog account. I'm hoping that I haven't lost my deposit. Please fix this issue ASAP.
Furious546

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:32:48 AM

Problem resolved BTC received Smiley
JFXu

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:49:41 PM

Nothing to worry about. All coins were received. We Will continue to use FOG COMPANY.   
zagzag

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:27:46 AM

Another SCAM site! Yesterday I transferred some bitcoins and guess what, I cannot login today. Also two emails to the admins, no reply whatsoever! Luckily, Sigaint just opened coin mixing service  Smiley

“Bitcoin anonymization taken seriously”. (last update: 2014-11-15)
Public website with basically the same information from this thread: http://www.bitcoinfog.com
Service link (you will need tor): http://foggeddriztrcar2.onion
Twitter feed for updates: https://twitter.com/#!/@BitcoinFog

The bitcoin network might be anonymous in terms of single-handedly revealing your ip address, but the transaction history is recorded in the block chain and is publically available, which makes your anonymity very vulnerable. Once the interested parties, be it authorities or just interested researchers (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com/2011/07/bitcoin-is-not-anonymous.html) have acquired any one of your addresses or transactions, they could easily track your money around the network.

And knowing your transaction history, connecting your bitcoin addresses to real you is possible, because you will at some point need to exchange your bitcoins to or from a fiat currency using a bank account number, a credit card, LR account or similar service which is much less anonymous than the bitcoin network.

We are providing a solution for this: using our service you mix up your bitcoins in our own pool with other users' bitcoins, and get paid back to other accounts from our mixed pool, which, if properly done by you can eliminate any chance of finding your payments and making it impossible to prove any connection between a deposit and a withdraw inside our service.

How Bitcoin Fog works

You register an account on our website and deposit bitcoins to the designated address. After a couple of network confirmations, your money is registered on your Fog account, and you can schedule withdrawals. Each withdrawal will be split in a random number of payouts, depending on the amount, and the relative size of each payout will be randomized as well. Even the timing of those payouts will be randomly spread out over a period of time you will specify.

Ideally you should deposit an amount of bitcoins to the Fog, wait some time (which will depend on how many users are using the service, right now in the starting phase we recommend a week) and request a withdrawal, which will not have the same amount as the original deposit, leaving some funds in the Fog.

Then you should deposit another batch of bitcoins and withdraw yet another amount, again different from the amount you have deposited. This time it can be lower than deposited, or higher, adding the funds you have left from the previous deposit. This way there is no practically reliable way to do statistical analysis on the block chain and link your deposits to your withdrawals.

“Do I get same bitcoins back or other bitcoins?”
You should understand that in bitcoin there is no “your” or “mine” bitcoins, nor are there “same” bitcoins. They are all just numbers. Whatever transaction you will get back from us will be just a number of bitcoins transferred to your address, not “marked” in any way.

A link could be made if you would get paid from the same address that you have deposited bitcoins to. This is not the case with Bitcoin Fog. The money you deposit actually stay on the random initial address we generate for you. Only when our main account is running low, do we transfer the money from your deposit address to the main pool. That way, you may get a payout from the pool, while your original money is still sitting on the random initial account, not linked to your payout anywhere in the block chain.  Since it is just a bitcoin address like any other, there is no way to even see that you have deposited money to Bitcoin Fog, and not to a random account you have generated yourself. (Until the pool runs low and transfers your original money.)

Even if you waited long enough time for your money to be transferred to the pool, there is still no reliable way to see that it was your original transfer that is the source of your payout, since it is mixed with other users' transfers.

Another thing to consider is the amount of your withdrawal. If you transfer 1.382 to us, and the next day you withdraw ~1.38 bitcoins to another account, those amounts will be visible in the block chain, and unless there were 10 other people that day that also withdrew just 1.38 bitcoins, the link between your deposit and your withdrawal will be pretty obvious. You will still have plausible deniability, since nobody else has access to our servers and can actually prove that those bitcoins came from your account, but the link will be found nevertheless.

This is why you should ideally never withdraw the same amount as you have deposited. We are already helping you to do this by transferring your money to you in multiple randomized payouts at randomized times (and optionally to different addresses), but to be sure you should withdraw to multiple addresses and different amounts than the one you have deposited. Also make sure to change your deposit address every now and then to further anonymize your payments.

Why us?
There have been a couple of similar services before, and as we see it, the problem with most of them was that they were not professional enough, not secure enough, and not taken seriously, thus becoming subjects to easy hacking and other problems. (mybitcoin, blindbitoin, etc.) We on the other hand, are here for the long run. Our team consists of professional secure web application developers with 5-10 years experience, and we have built this solution from scratch with security being our number one concern. We strive to be a mixing service that just works and does not loose it's private bitcoin keys due to poorly configured backups or because of someone hacker attacks on another sites from the same shared hosting, or because of any other silly reason.

The service is run on a dedicated server manually configured for this very purpose, which does publically connected from the internet (not needed if using Tor). Bitcoin daemon is run on another machine, and all suspicious activity is monitored and the website shuts down automatically if it even senses it is under attack. It is manually monitored and checked on a daily basis.

For security purposes, the service operates through the Tor network only. You can be sure your data is processed securely and only by our server if you use our .onion address. On the other hand, this also makes us feel more secure, knowing that we will never be found and dealt with by proper authorities. (Even if Tor network would be compromised, we have taken all the necessary precautions to still stay hidden.) This is better for you as well; while a freenet service may swear on not cooperating with authorities in case they show up at their homes, we can say with high certainty that not only will we not cooperate with any authorities, the authorities will not actually be able to show up at our doorstep, because finding a tor doorstep has proven difficult.

Are you going to run away with my money?
With a service like ours it will always be an issue of trust of course, but we can ensure you that the service will continue to operate, simply because of all the time and effort we put into building it, debugging it, setting it up at a secure location, etc., which makes it simply not worth for us to run away with a couple of hundred bitcoins which is collected at the initial phase. As the time will pass, you will see that our service will undergo changes and improvements, which someone who wanted to hit-and-run also would not do.

And once again, running through Tor makes it not likely for us to be shut down under pressure from the authorities. When in doubt about this, consider Silk Road.

Of course, we are still going to have to earn your trust. We suggest you trying the service out with small amounts, and increasing slowly as time goes.

Do you keep logs?
We keep logs for 1 week for debugging and troubleshooting purposes. After that they are automatically deleted. ALL logs are taken care of. Even the bitcoin client we use is purged every week, starting with a fresh installation of only the block chain, and importing all the addresses we need at that point automatically. That way, if you have received a payment from us a month ago, not even the address will be left on our server.

Fees and requirements:
The service takes 1%-3% (randomized for obscurity) fee on each deposit. No other fees are in place, no complex calculations based on the number of withdraws or similar.

Minimum withdrawal amount is 0.035 BTC.

We do wait for 6 network confirmations on all deposits to prevent double-spending.
freebies1997

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:56:59 AM

I had my transaction confirmed 88times yet there still aren't any bitcoin in my fog account
bigb055

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:45:12 AM

Same for me, waiting for my BTC to arrive on my deposit-account for 3 days now. No reply from support, wrote 2 messages. Stay away from this service!
Fuck-the-Fog

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 07:25:14 AM

Bitcoin fog is FUCKING SCAMMERS!!!
I can not log in to my account: Could not login using provided information.
Yesterday still everything worked!!!
On account I have ~ 1 btc.
postcd

Activity: 182
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 03:22:25 PM

I can not log in to my account
10+ days passed, issue solved, or you still have problem?

Bitcoin Web hosting, Server? InstantcPanelHosting.com
Contact.
jasonmason1031

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:01:50 AM

Hello I am new to bitcoin and thought bitcoin fog would be a great service for anonymity.  Unfortunately every time I try to withdraw my BTC that I deposited (~0.5 BTC), I get the error message: "WARNING: Entered string "X" was not recognized as a valid bitcoin address. If this is an error, please contact us. No addresses were entered."

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks
jasonmason1031

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:58:00 PM

Update: I logged in again and my balance was mostly gone; waited 14 hours and still have not received any bitcoins.  Still hoping that they are on their way, and the staff received my message and helped to send them.  If I receive the bitcoins I will post here.
bmulcahy

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 01:00:31 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 03:19:42 PM by bmulcahy

I have used this service for years and have run into my first problem.  The withdrawal that I scheduled three days ago was fulfilled with transactions using too small a miners' fee given the current transaction pool.  These transactions are still unconfirmed three days later.  I have messaged support through their site but have not yet received any response.  I am posting here as a warning to others.  I will update this post if I hear back from them.

Edit:  After four days, the transactions did confirm thanks to a magnanimous miner.  I still have not received any response from the Bitcoin Fog 'crew'.  I will be using a different mixing service from now on and advise others to do the same.
Akemashite Omedetou (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 09:48:04 AM

temporary problems with access due to server ddos.
will be running soon: http://foggeduu2ws5bxk5.onion/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

WARNING! Do not use that address!
This is a scammer address that tries to impersonate Bitcoin Fog services and steal your Bitcoins.

If you have sent any money using that address, they are most likely lost.
That address is not real Bitcoin Fog, it is a scammer that have set up a service that tries to look like legitimate Bitcoin Fog.

The ONLY real address is http://foggeddriztrcar2.onion.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iF4EAREKAAYFAlg/8bEACgkQdmYE0rvhrko5bwD/aRw8scKKbwp8B6XcDQARaCs6
VoHO50aiu/fLA7tELDsA+wWmbhnki0bG+91XNrD/UBnObsvGKGB9EhHKDsjL0Y0w
=I/Vu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization

---
Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Yaonm3000

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:41:40 PM

Is your website closed? Why can not login access?
http://foggeddriztrcar2.onion/
medfly

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 08:11:30 PM

I am having issues as well what's going on with bitcoin fog???
Cryptomine.Gabriel

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:12:31 AM

deposit to bitcoinfog not credited, after 1 day and over 70 confirmations.... Will update here if this problem is solved. Hope it will be this week.

Last week also experienced the problem with delayed withdrawals due to low mining fees. Solved after 3 days of waiting, again, by the will of some magnanimous miner. Not really bitcoinfog's fault there, but they could have replied to the messages.

Although, to be fair, the miner wasn't necessarily so magnanimous and more likely only just safeguarding his best interests. If the btc ecosystem would start leaving transactions up in the air like this because of low fees indefinitely, btc would rightfully drop in value drastically, leaving the way wide open for other, more leftist e-coins Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: