Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:57:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC ETF creating a hype?but,what really is BTC ETF means?  (Read 261 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:42:18 AM

sometimes it doesn't have to really be a big thing to help with the little push needed for the bitcoin adoption to occur. sometimes a little hype is a good thing. some people need that little push to start opening their eyes on reality after years of listening to nothing else but FUD and being brainwashed with it.

A true Bitcoin investor will not be happy, if a Bitcoin ETF is approved, because this will only create massive volatility in this market.

I'm not sure that this is true.
we already have high volatility and manipulation in the market so it won't get any worse. but ETF can help grow the size of the market which can actually reduce volatility and effects of manipulation.

Only Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:07:59 AM

sometimes it doesn't have to really be a big thing to help with the little push needed for the bitcoin adoption to occur. sometimes a little hype is a good thing. some people need that little push to start opening their eyes on reality after years of listening to nothing else but FUD and being brainwashed with it.

A true Bitcoin investor will not be happy, if a Bitcoin ETF is approved, because this will only create massive volatility in this market.

I'm not sure that this is true.
we already have high volatility and manipulation in the market so it won't get any worse. but ETF can help grow the size of the market which can actually reduce volatility and effects of manipulation.
I would agree that a bitcoin investor would  not be happy, if a Bitcoin ETF is approved. it does break a seance of the "bubble" and it really is a massive breach.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

SEC Receives 10X the Number of Responses for the Upcoming Bitcoin ETF Decision.

Bitcoin made over a $1,000 price increase in the past 3 days,one of the main reason for this hike is the upcoming BTC ETF assumed to be this coming August.

but what is ETF and BTC ETF?

pls.check link for brief explanation about ETF
https://cryptoren.com/wiki/exchange-traded-fund-etf-meaning/

I think Bitcoin ETF is one step closer to government regulation. With ETF, investor will more confident to investing their money because market regulator approved. With Bitcoin ETF, big financial institution will investing their fund on bitcoin and price will rising
JohnCallahan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:09:40 AM

ETF, is a investment fund tracks and follows with the price of a tangible asset like gold, diamond, oil  etc. and is traded on exchanges. For, BTC ETF, an investor would be holding the bitcoin ETF in their portfolio against the actual digital currency. So, they would be purchasing a regulated investment instrument that they can buy and sell instead of having to buy and securely store bitcoin.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:18:01 AM

Yeah i am also agree with that. BTC ETF is really creating a good hype which is clearly visible in the growth of bitcoin in last few days.

this is the major reason for a huge price surge but it seems majority are expecting the SEC  would trashed this etf application thats why bitcoin price is in consilidation and seems in downtrend mode again.

DanielJacob

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:51:15 AM

ETF, is a investment fund that follows the price of an underlying asset like gold, oil etc. and is traded on exchanges. For, BTC ETF, an investor would be holding the bitcoin ETF in their portfolio against the actual digital currency. So, they would be purchasing a regulated investment instrument that they can buy and sell instead of having to buy and securely store bitcoin.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:15:06 AM

Yeah i am also agree with that. BTC ETF is really creating a good hype which is clearly visible in the growth of bitcoin in last few days.
this is the major reason for a huge price surge but it seems majority are expecting the SEC  would trashed this etf application thats why bitcoin price is in consilidation and seems in downtrend mode again.

if you think a less than 20% rise which is just going back to normal prices is a "huge surge" then what do you call the 120% rise that we had in December?!

as for current trend, it is not a "downtrend mode" unless we enter $6k and go below the proven bottom price. this recent drop is more of a manipulation of whales in my opinion based on what i saw in the market yesterday and also because there wasn't any reason for this drop to happen. there wasn't even a news to cause it!

Only Bitcoin
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:31:53 AM

Bitcoin made over a $1,000 price increase in the past 3 days,one of the main reason for this hike is the upcoming BTC ETF assumed to be this coming August.

ETF means Exchange-Traded-Funds and being applied to bitcoin, bitcoin etf could be one of the coolest thing to occur to bitcoin if approved. ETF is like a common stock on the exchanges such as NASDAQ. ETF is different to mutual funds because ETF is traded throughout the day while the mutual fund is traded at the end of the day.

With bitcoin ETF there will be more security in buying bitcoin and we no longer worry about  buying bitcoins as well as storing it. With bitcoin ETF we will expect a tremendous increase of the buying public to be active on the bitcoin market.
Yes I agree, it also means that more institutional investors will jump into Bitcoin trading. ETF is one the best way to introduce bitcoin to practical investors who are very conservative about investments cause it adds more confidence to holders. The more Bitcoin becomes regulated the more adopters will this market.
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:36:54 AM

ETF , compared to futures, should have an amount or "real" btc baked up away. This means that if ETF will be acceptep, there will be a really high volume/amount of Bitcoin buying, cause they need real bitcoin, not like futures that are just numbers.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:08:30 AM

ETF is a popular fund that allows trade and exchange to happen by following the price of an asset.. Bitcoin ETF is very similar, investors can hold Bitcoin ETF and make profit from the actual currency which is Bitcoin itself. It is also safer than holding a Bitcoin because ETF is much more secured and regulated in a strict way based on actual ETF.
superman99

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:08:04 AM

It is great info!
Acceptance by Bitcoin for the ETF opens up a new step.
The recent rise in Bitcoin prices is the reason for the rise of the ETF.
John Trevor

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

A true Bitcoin investor will not be happy, if a Bitcoin ETF is approved, because this will only create massive volatility in this market. You will find that the institutional investors will manipulate these Bitcoin ETFs with large capital reserves and you will get massive spikes and huge dumps, which will destroy the use case for Bitcoin to be used as a currency.

Some people rejoice about the SEC's decision to deny the Winklevoss's ETF, because they know it will destroy Bitcoin as a viable payment option.  Angry
As a true bitcoin lover I don't want ETF to get approved on bitcoin after read your suggestion. Undecided

Already the volatility of the itcoin is the reason that bitcoin to be used from currency so imagine what will happen it will be used only for dumping and bumping from big investors then the future or the bitcoin will be uncertain.

I agree. I dont see any good coming from the bitcoin ETF as such. It will truly disturb the market and give small players less scope to make major profits
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:03:39 PM

Bitcoin exchange traded found (ETF) will go a long way to strengthen the bound between bitcoin and it exchanges the exchange bound if approved will also serve a a security just as we have with the traditional banking system having some deposits with the central bank in other to serve as an insurance to investors in the line of doing they normal businesses with the bank. So bitcoin ETF will be a stock exchange base and that will provide security of investors found.
arhivol

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

This is not an empty hype. When this happens, a huge amount of investment from large companies really needs to go to the market, I think so
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

Don't know this thing too much actually, but i consider ETF just like an IPO in a company. Which mean the whole community admit bitcoin is official trading currency and world will make regulation about it
kimcuchospital

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:03:13 AM

Bitcoin ETF aims to track basic indicators, commodities or portfolios of assets and replicate their performance. If this is approved, it will be a blessing for all of us. This would be a great thing to get approved because it makes the trading floors possible at any time of the day. (CBOE) of New York-based VanEck and SolidX blockchain platform. ETF, is an investment fund that tracks and then the price of a tangible asset such as gold, diamonds, oil etc. and is traded on the exchange. So they will buy a regulated investment tool that they can buy and sell instead of having to buy and store bitcoin safely. For, BTC ETF, an investor will hold a bitcoin ETF in their portfolio against the actual digital currency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: