Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit the road Jack.  (Read 1229 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:04:54 PM

Agreed as lover of music I just want to see it improved upon not stay the same..
I want to hear a new interpretation of what good music is and compare it to older songs.  I think we are very much on the same page with our expectations of the evolution of music apsvinet. Wink
Being somewhat a musician myself I got the love for the old music as well, and the hate for the modern computer produced shit that's spewed out in mainstream radio and so on, but I still have a lot of respect for the fact that music evolves and that people need it to. How would earth look if we were stuck with all the horrible music the 80's had to offer?
As we evolve, so does all forms of art. We won't get stuck and run out of new music within the lifetime of humans. As long as new people are being born new ideas will come to life, and that's why there's such a huge difference in music genres and what's popular between the decades.  Smiley

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogec

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:15:10 AM

music industry is catered to the young, where they can make money sell records = downloads / concerts.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:38:22 AM

You don't need to download music anymore - check spotify.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:38:55 PM

Spotify isn't avaliable everywhere though. Tongue

havanabob

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

Spotify isn't avaliable everywhere though. Tongue

Proxy is Tongue
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:46:55 PM

Nah, truth to be told as much shitty music were made back in the days as there is today. We have a tendency to make everything we didn't experience ourselves a lot more glamorous than it actually was. It's the pearls that we remember, not the bad songs, that's why it might give an impression of having been better. Give it 50 years and people will look back at today's music, and they'll make their own forum posts about how awesome a particular song was, whilst shit like One direction and Lady gaga will have been forgotten for 40 years.

I grew up in the '80s and when you turned on the radio back then and selected a random channel there was a 7/10 chance that you heard a great song that was also new (released within the last few weeks/months). Now there's a 7/10 chance that I'll reach for the off button within 20 seconds when not tuned to a classic radio station.  Grin

And even with classic radio stations you shouldn't listen to them too much because it spoils your enjoyment if you hear the same songs over and over and over.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

Nah, truth to be told as much shitty music were made back in the days as there is today. We have a tendency to make everything we didn't experience ourselves a lot more glamorous than it actually was. It's the pearls that we remember, not the bad songs, that's why it might give an impression of having been better. Give it 50 years and people will look back at today's music, and they'll make their own forum posts about how awesome a particular song was, whilst shit like One direction and Lady gaga will have been forgotten for 40 years.

I grew up in the '80s and when you turned on the radio back then and selected a random channel there was a 7/10 chance that you heard a great song that was also new (released within the last few weeks/months). Now there's a 7/10 chance that I'll reach for the off button within 20 seconds when not tuned to a classic radio station.  Grin

And even with classic radio stations you shouldn't listen to them too much because it spoils your enjoyment if you hear the same songs over and over and over.

Indeed. However radio is a bad example nowadays, most radio stations will ONLY broadcast extreme pop-songs. I'm sure you can find some 'modern' music you like however. Smiley

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:12:04 PM

Indeed. However radio is a bad example nowadays, most radio stations will ONLY broadcast extreme pop-songs. I'm sure you can find some 'modern' music you like however. Smiley

Indeed there is. But you never hear it on mainstream radio (like you say). YouTube is a better source for it. Only you have to know what you are looking for.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

Indeed there is. But you never hear it on mainstream radio (like you say). YouTube is a better source for it. Only you have to know what you are looking for.

Yeah. Atleast they offer related video clips so you get a chance to find something new, similar to what you've already found.
However, services like Spotify offer artist radio functions, where you start you "own radio channel" and bands similar to the
one you started from. Also there are a lot of pre-made playlists with different labels.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:23:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

What a great video. Music aint the same these days and its a shame.
What do you mean Bob music aint the same don't we have the great justin Bieber now?  Cheesy
Just wait 60 years and people will write what you just did, but without the sarcasm.

:/

Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:24:13 PM

What do you mean Bob music aint the same don't we have the great justin Bieber now?  Cheesy

LOL, the biebs eh.. One of Canada's worst exports! Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyVuYAHiZb8

There is the same song but years later.. Still rocking but you can see that the age has taken its toll.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:25:49 PM

LOL, the biebs eh.. One of Canada's worst exports! Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyVuYAHiZb8

There is the same song but years later.. Still rocking but you can see that the age has taken its toll.

Haha, it's a great thing that the good music of the older days are kept alive. Can't wait to hear Jonas Brother interpret Hit the Road Jack. Cheesy

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:31:03 PM

Just wait 60 years and people will write what you just did, but without the sarcasm.

:/
In 60 years people will say Justin who?  His music can't compete with the greats of history.  No offense if your a Bieber fan I think he is popular because a bunch of young girls and not too much more.
That is not true, you'd hear people say the same about this kind of music when it was current. I'm not a Bieber fan whatsoever, but we remember the music of the 80's, the 70's and the 60's today, and 2070 we'll look back at the music of 2010~ century and remember Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, because they're the biggest pop music of today. Just like we remember the grunge from the 90s, because it was one of the biggest genres of that time! History repeats itself, it does not matter how 'bad' the artist is, just how famous he/she is.
You have to realize there were tons of people who literally HATED Kurt Cobain, and liked the fact that he killed himself, thinking nobody would remember him. Same goes for Elvis. Yet they're still around with their music living on.

Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:35:25 PM

lol hey Bob look who got banned from the forums ahahahahahahah https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572838.0

Shit.. Finally! Smiley
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

I dont know anyone who hated Kurt Cobain.

I personally like music from all generations from the 50's on up. But I do feel like the music from the last decade or so lacks substance.
yntro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

yeah Nicky Minaj ... lil wayne .. biebier everywhere... I want good music back

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:36:30 PM

There is still good music being made. New music =/= Bad music. Just because what mainstream media spews out is crap doesn't mean everything is! You just have to look a little more for it nowadays perhaps.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: