Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33357 times)
mempko
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

I'm a Free Software Developer.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 07:58:05 AM

I am happy to report our testing for PoG3 has concluded, and we have released version 0.7.0 of Merit Core!

There is a scheduled fork will be this coming Wednesday, October 31st which I dub, the Halloween Release.
We recommend people running Merit Core to upgrade to the latest release of Merit Core 0.7.0 as soon as possible.

Get The New Version of Merit Core

https://www.merit.me/technology/#get-core-client

Windows Release: https://github.com/meritlabs/merit/releases/download/m0.7.0/merit-0.7.0-win64-setup.exe
Mac Release: https://github.com/meritlabs/merit/releases/download/m0.7.0/merit-0.7.0-macos.dmg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amityvill

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:25:05 AM

NEW algo. Have time to get the coins at the optimal complexity of the network MERIT!
Limited number of invites to activate the wallet ----> https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Amityvill  <----
lenusq

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

NEW algo. Have time to get the coins at the optimal complexity of the network MERIT!
Limited number of invites to activate the wallet ----> https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Amityvill  <----

I just used one of your invites if you can confirm densimuz would be awesome Thank You
pitBullXXX

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:10:32 AM

Need invite. Here you go: https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=CryptDogg
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:47:34 AM

Is there any news about get listed Merit in any exchange, not escroll market (I don't care if it start in a smaller exchange, the main fact is to try to get listed anywhere)   Wink
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:52:05 AM

Is there any news about get listed Merit in any exchange, not escroll market (I don't care if it start in a smaller exchange, the main fact is to try to get listed anywhere)   Wink
As per the last AMA, timeline for new exchange is Q4 of this year. But no updated news on that yet.
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:46:16 PM

Is there working blockexplorer?
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Somewhere it says "limited invites".
How many invites in total can one give to people? Is there a way to increase the amount of invites possible?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
rtvk1971

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

Help people good. )) I registered, my wallet was unlocked, and then how? People are languishing in the waiting list, invitation spaces are zero. Where to take invites, how to mine, tell me the algorithm of actions. Help, you can PM. I would be grateful. In Measure listed as @aleksvkibo
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:56:30 PM

With the new fork it looks like mining rewards for pow are dropping to 5 from 10 per block, is this correct or am I mistaken?
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:57:11 PM

I have some invitations guys. If you wanna start mining and growing the community use my link.
I'll airdrop MRT to my mignions.
Please send me PM.
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=eance
Ty
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:56:04 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2018, 10:18:21 AM by AbhijoySarkar

With the new fork it looks like mining rewards for pow are dropping to 5 from 10 per block, is this correct or am I mistaken?
Yes, that is correct. PoG3 (Proof-of-Growth v3.0) which will start on Nov 5, will make PoW:PoG payout per block 5:15 from 10:10

Somewhere it says "limited invites".
How many invites in total can one give to people? Is there a way to increase the amount of invites possible?
You can give as many invite tokens as you have in your available balance to people. Check the following post to know how to increase amount of invite tokens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5008767.msg46690177#msg46690177

Help people good. )) I registered, my wallet was unlocked, and then how? People are languishing in the waiting list, invitation spaces are zero. Where to take invites, how to mine, tell me the algorithm of actions. Help, you can PM. I would be grateful. In Measure listed as @aleksvkibo
Check the following post to know how to increase amount of invite tokens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5008767.msg46690177#msg46690177
If you have downloaded the lightwallet client, mining is pretty simple. Just go to mining tab, select pool and threads and Start.
Please note, there are 2 things in Merit: The Merit coin (MRT) which is the native coin of Merit and Invite token (INV) which is needed to invite new people into the Merit blockchain.
Mining essentially means mining MRT. Mining involves both PoW mining and PoG (Proof of Growth) mining. Also, this mining activity pays out INV tokens which are random and are based on a lottery. Would be best to read up a bit on Merit from https://www.merit.me/
tmigz

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:45:30 PM

Hello wonderful community,

I still have some invites to give if anyone needs them

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=tcm8982

I will check periodically to approve so that you can get up and running quickly.

Alexander45

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:58:11 PM

FREE Invite Active User!
Fast Activated
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Alexander45
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:41:41 AM

I have joined the Merit network since the idea is in itself quite mind boggling. The mission of achieving a more effective decentralization than most of the other coins out there through a system of invitations is great.
However after having joined the network I'm having a few doubts. First I had to beg for a few invitations which I could use to convalidate the invitations I would make for my friends. Then, once I've finally managed to invite two friends whom I could validate, now I am unable to supply them with invitations that THEY can use if the want to invite anyone. In other words, the growth of the network in my direction is stuck and so it will probably stay, since we won't spend our time begging for more invitations because we are not beggars, and if it has happened to me and my friends that would probably apply to most of newcomers. Of course, beggars will possibly succeed in getting more invitations, in which case the system is likely to select a population of beggars, not the kind of community I'd like to be part of.
This means that once again early adopters got too much advantage over later adopters, which is the same paradigm of Bitcoin and the other coins - in other words the mission of a better decentralization will probably not be achieved by Merit either.
If I'm wrong I'd like to hear why. If there is no smooth way to allow me and others to perform the "Proof of Growth" without having to beg, then such growth simply won't happen.

Great points! And you are right about the current difficulty's of merit invites. Have you seen this overview video?

https://youtu.be/KrPVbkJ1IZo

I don't think you need to beg to get free invites. Did you ask the person who invited you? Or did you ask on discord? Many of us hand out invites to those who need it for free!

When it comes to getting them on your own, the best place for a casual miner would be to pool mine in the parachute pool. Invites are not distributed by hash power. If you're a serious miner you shouldn't have any issues getting invites from any pool.

I hope that helps explain a few other ways. Invites shouldn't be too easy to get though!

Weeks have passed and "without begging" for merits I'm stuck, which raises in me some major questions about the functionality of this system. Yes, true, I've got 3 invites from the person who has first invited me and I've used them to invite friends, to whom of course I'm now unable to give any invites to help them grow the network since I have none any more. So that's a dead end, since we're not miners. My friends already forgot about this project and soon will I too.
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:44:17 AM

I have joined the Merit network since the idea is in itself quite mind boggling. The mission of achieving a more effective decentralization than most of the other coins out there through a system of invitations is great.
However after having joined the network I'm having a few doubts. First I had to beg for a few invitations which I could use to convalidate the invitations I would make for my friends. Then, once I've finally managed to invite two friends whom I could validate, now I am unable to supply them with invitations that THEY can use if the want to invite anyone. In other words, the growth of the network in my direction is stuck and so it will probably stay, since we won't spend our time begging for more invitations because we are not beggars, and if it has happened to me and my friends that would probably apply to most of newcomers. Of course, beggars will possibly succeed in getting more invitations, in which case the system is likely to select a population of beggars, not the kind of community I'd like to be part of.
This means that once again early adopters got too much advantage over later adopters, which is the same paradigm of Bitcoin and the other coins - in other words the mission of a better decentralization will probably not be achieved by Merit either.
If I'm wrong I'd like to hear why. If there is no smooth way to allow me and others to perform the "Proof of Growth" without having to beg, then such growth simply won't happen.

Great points! And you are right about the current difficulty's of merit invites. Have you seen this overview video?

I don't think you need to beg to get free invites. Did you ask the person who invited you? Or did you ask on discord? Many of us hand out invites to those who need it for free!

When it comes to getting them on your own, the best place for a casual miner would be to pool mine in the parachute pool. Invites are not distributed by hash power. If you're a serious miner you shouldn't have any issues getting invites from any pool.

I hope that helps explain a few other ways. Invites shouldn't be too easy to get though!

Weeks have passed and "without begging" for merits I'm stuck, which raises in me some major questions about the functionality of this system. Yes, true, I've got 3 invites from the person who has first invited me and I've used them to invite friends, to whom of course I'm now unable to give any invites to help them grow the network since I have none any more. So that's a dead end, since we're not miners. My friends already forgot about this project and soon will I too.
Joined Merit 3-4 months back. Never had to "beg" for INVs ever. The reason for this being, I "mine" in the Parachute Pool. To be honest, I can't PoW mine much because of limited hardware (I have an ageing CPU for crypto work). Most mining pools distribute their own MRTs and INVs based on the hash contributed by a miner. Parachute Pool has taken a different way to distribute its MRTs and INVs. They also consider if you helped folks on Telegram, been active in the community, invited others etc. Every single factor makes you eligible for the pool MRT and INV distribution at month end. Though, people who tick more boxes get more. But everybody qualifies for some MRT and INV even if they satisfy only a few conditions. More information on the pools here: https://merit.disifi.com/pools
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

I mean, I can understand your point, but invites are given out both by mean of PoW (mining) and PoS (as growth rewards themselves), which are the two metrics in the chain to determine who is actively contributing. As Kamo said, you don't even have to be a big miner, Parachute pool distributes invites not based on hash power (for reference, more than 5 invites were given to each miner last month), just need a CPU and dedicate some of its time to the mining. Or you can trade and stake, as is for other coins, this way invites are much less frequent but still there, and you can pay for them if you don't want to beg anyone.

If invites were equally distributed around it'd be too much incentive for people to create fake wallets and centralize the invites on themselves, that is not in doubt just look at every referral system ever. So, while balance could be discussed, I don't think this chain is unfair to newbies, nor that the mechanism is based on the wrong criteria. It's still a PoW chain, along the way you can increase your earnings by increasing your community, but the usual work to optimize the process is yours to be done (as above, chosing the best pool for yourself to get more invites).

I'm not saying the system is good or can keep going on long term, nor denying your point of view, just that this is "just like bitcoin" because it wants to be, but making it more rewarding for those who dedicate to it more than the average.

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:55:42 AM

Joined Merit 3-4 months back. Never had to "beg" for INVs ever. The reason for this being, I "mine" in the Parachute Pool. To be honest, I can't PoW mine much because of limited hardware (I have an ageing CPU for crypto work). Most mining pools distribute their own MRTs and INVs based on the hash contributed by a miner. Parachute Pool has taken a different way to distribute its MRTs and INVs. They also consider if you helped folks on Telegram, been active in the community, invited others etc. Every single factor makes you eligible for the pool MRT and INV distribution at month end. Though, people who tick more boxes get more. But everybody qualifies for some MRT and INV even if they satisfy only a few conditions. More information on the pools here: https://merit.disifi.com/pools

I will give a look at Parachute Pool. I've also made a little try to mine with my very limited resources since indeed the wallet seems very friendly for doing that, but the wallet didn't detect in my system any GPU card it could mine with, and I have a 1060 nvidia card. Which could be the reason for that?
Vazan25

Activity: 728
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

There is one invitation and it is still valid Grin

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Abduraxman
mymerlia

Activity: 633
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:46:17 PM

Do you have plans to be listed on any stock exchange ?

❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram ▼▲       Medium ▼▲      Telegram ▼▲    Facebook  ▼▲      Twitter ▼▲
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: