View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:17:39 AM

So I'm RS now?  Cheesy

Hey guys I think we have our own little Glen Beck in our forums.

Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 04:27:11 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2011, 04:37:36 AM by Snapman

Even if all of what BCX is saying is bullshit (and that's not what im saying), it still doesnt change the fact that sc allows for centralized control, control that includes wallet/client disabling abilities; and that trusted nodes are godlike in their abilities to validate/invalidate blocks.

BTW bcx, the link you have in your post leads to example.com

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:50:35 AM

And that's a really old screen cap of Beck, he doesn't even work at Fox any more.

If you want a truly epic fail, check out the ShortBus Coin 2.01 code that was released today!
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:52:30 AM

And that's a really old screen cap of Beck, he doesn't even work at Fox any more.

If you want a truly epic fail, check out the ShortBus Coin 2.01 code that was released today!
The "shortbus" code that you can't even read.  Cheesy Moron.
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 06:45:25 AM

CH's ability to kill clients and wallets at will, a hidden ftp server (possibly removed before the public beta)

If you please could provide some proof? No? Then it's just one more of your desperate lies  Grin
Spacy

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:03:05 AM

CH's ability to kill clients and wallets at will, a hidden ftp server (possibly removed before the public beta)

If you please could provide some proof? No? Then it's just one more of your desperate lies  Grin

Give it up Spacy, seriously. The argument is dead.

No arguments => avoidance...
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:04:02 AM

The so called "trusted nodes" are nothing more than control nodes. They are running special code that can filter out blocks/transactions/etc. SolidCoin isn't a peer-to-peer network at all.

Buy & Hold
Spacy

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:25:34 AM

@Spacy,

CH has admitted he omitted the proprietary parts of the source from the release that gave him control to the network. In IRC he has admitted he can do what he wants, when he wants. Play all the the little technical word games you want, it's still fact.

Grand example of a Coinhunter word game.

The 12 million were not a "Pre-Mine", they were part of the genesis block.... (His exact words)

Like there's a difference.........

Okay, he doesn't kill them, he blocks them, suspends them, intercepts them....whatever, it's all the same.

Ok now we are from "killing wallets and clients" to "blocking invalid blocks", what all valid nodes do?  Grin Thx for correcting yourself and coming back once to the truth...
Spacy

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:06:11 AM

Ok now we are from "killing wallets and clients" to "blocking invalid blocks", what all valid nodes do?  Grin Thx for correcting yourself and coming back once to the truth...
Like I said, you enjoy words games, hallmark of 13 year old Jr Highschool mentality.

I'm sure to the deceased it doesn't matter if the are executed, murdered, euthanized....it's all the same.

No matter how you want to spin it, CH has total, one person central control.

BTW, I never said "Blocking Invalid blocks:, I said "Blocks Them"...misquote to support your lame response.

No arguments, avoidance, insults, oversimplification, that's the BCX we all know  Grin

What should nodes block if not invalid blocks/transactions?

The "total, one person central control" was maybe before he released SC2. Now different people have the different trusted wallets and now also the source to build there node themselves. The only thing a malicious trusted node can do is rejecting certain blocks, but the other trusted nodes will approve it. This really doesn't look like "total control"  Grin
cereal7802

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:27:05 AM

Now different people have the different trusted wallets and now also the source to build there node themselves. The only thing a malicious trusted node can do is rejecting certain blocks, but the other trusted nodes will approve it. This really doesn't look like "total control"  Grin

The problem with this concept is, as stated in multiple locations, trusted nodes can share the same wallets. this means that RS(or indeed anyone who has a trusted node wallet) can setup multiple nodes and validate or invalidate as much as they want. by simply having more nodes you can control the entire network. since the trusted nodes are few and with low diff to deal with for even blocks, it doesn't take much to fork the chain.the only way to prevent this is to make sure that every single client on the chain is able to validate all blocks on the network using the same rules. if the trusted nodes have all the say, then derailing the network would be significantly easier in SC than any other altcoin to date.

now i could be wrong , but based on what i have seen said, this makes sense. if not, please point out why and "you are a troll" is not a valid argument.
Spacy

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:44:28 AM

You for 100% confirming Trusted Nodes have to all approve blocks.

That's what ALL the nodes in every cryptocurrency are doing... accepting and with that approving valid blocks... Maybe you should get back to your cryptocurrency class  Huh
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:50:18 PM

@ D&T

Wouldn't that be the practical working definition of total central control?

Yup it is just earily Orwellian to call them "trust nodes" when in reality no trust has been earned.  They are absolute control nodes but then again that doesn't sound as nice does it. 

I wonder how long before King RealScam starts calling decentralized networks "double plus ungood"?

Hah, which brings me to my next idea:

SC is built by RS so he can sell control of it to some nefarious corp or government, should Cryptocurrencies ever 'hit the bigtime', he has an entire network to sell.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Spacy

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 07:27:19 PM

After looking at the source now for a few days everything I warned people about early has panned out and proven by the partial source code release.

1) Centralization
2) Possible to spend the pre-mine
3) The ability to block transactions at will, regardless if valid or not
4) 100% control by Coinhunter

Back from holiday? It was so quiet here the last days  Grin

Would be nice if you could past the most important source lines which enforce your claims.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:38:51 AM

Yup it is just earily Orwellian to call them "trust nodes" when in reality no trust has been earned.  They are absolute control nodes but then again that doesn't sound as nice does it. 
They're "trusted" in the security sense - you have to trust them because they have the ability to compromise the security of the entire system.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: