Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I get scammed for a bounty? Can I prevent this from happening in the future?  (Read 257 times)
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

As others have already said a good place to start is the Scam Accusations section. I also go after the scammers on social media and not just the company but the individuals involved in the decision to deny me what they owe me. Any of the people who have been foolish enough to not pay me for the work I did can attest that I will continue to trash them on social media until they pay up. Even if it takes, weeks, months or years. I keep them on a spreadsheet and devote a couple hours a week to making their life a misery, I actually kind of enjoy it.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 11:50:13 AM

That's not good I was on a similar position not receiving my rewards can you name that campaign manager so you can warn other participants, sorry is not enough if you did your job and acknowledged it then you deserve a reward for your work, better open a scam accusations.

Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:53:32 AM

There are also fraudulent campaigns that trick people into participating. I have met the campaign when the participation is completed, the bonus is very little. Not enough to make up for the effort. How to avoid this scam happening in the future. Anyone with experience sharing please help me.
romeo robert

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

some of my friends also do not get rewarded them, some of them say if the error lies in the kyc is not completed. with the task should all participants that follow deserve to get their rewards. but the manager of the bounty seems to make excuses for not paying some of the bounty hunter.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 03:45:37 AM

You can attach these allegations to this forum so that such bounty managers can get negative trusts from the Bitcointalk admin.
Then you also have to compromise with your friends to ask this to the bounty manager.

dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

everything comes with experience, you need to learn a lesson from this and be a little more careful in choosing a project next time
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

Bounties that pays in tokens are always risk.
Look for reputable and trusted managers. There are some bounties out there that pays with btc, which are much safer too.
Try to explain the best you can the situation at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 Scam Accusations board.
If it was your first bounty, it is possible that you made something wrong too, so they skipped your payment. Try to contact the manager before opening the accusation..

Ideally, bounty hunters should be paid either by Bitcoin or Eth but unfortunately it is hard to find a project that uses this method of paying their hoards of promoters. Recently I got lucky to be a part of the MetaHash campaign that did pay their people with Eth and not their tokens though I would also be glad to accept their tokens since the project has the good potential to be a top platform in months to come. Right now, the ICO platform is losing the steam as many investors are now shying away from supporting many projects as many investors already lost money or their investments are trapped in low value as of the moment. Nobody does want to spread money and get nothing substantial at the end because this is not charity but business or investment.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:22:06 AM

In your situation where you are not getting any reward token from your bounty campaign, I think that something might have been wrong with the ICO itself wherein you might end up being scammed. Next time, if you are going to participate in a bounty campaign, just make sure you did some research about that particular ICO prior to joining. It's the best way to prevent from joining scam ICO's if you consider doing it  and also try to check on the spreadsheets if there are many high rank members involved with the project just to know you are on the right path.
marados

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:58:36 AM

I followed the instructions to the bounty posted on BitcoinTalk. I submitted the links to my articles. I asked BEFORE the bounty was distributed IF I needed to submit my articles any where else or do anything else. They told me I was "All Good". I put all of the work I did for the bounty in the bounty log on discord. I made posts about Eth Town on Reddit, Steemit, Twitter, etc. and constantly replied/supported the project. My life got busy and I stopped checking the discord channel because I assumed I was "all good". The main net was delayed and I never received any bounty/airdrop.

These are the messages I received from the manager. I need to know... Am I at wrong or did I get scammed?

https://imgur.com/a/4bcnJ5a

I'm really sorry to hear that. Lately there are all sorts of projects out there, so be cautious before you join for their bounty campaigns. I tend to do the same research as I would do if I'm investing money in some project, because even though I'm not investing my money I'm investing my time and that means pretty much too.

Especially if you join multiple bounty campaigns it is kinda hard to watch for every rule because they all might be different. And some bounty managers are flexible but some aren't that much. Just be sure to keep track of the rules, and yeah sometimes it is good to document your conversation with bounty managers in situations like that. But even that won't help out if project turns out to be a complete scam...

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:06:28 AM

Bounty is enough full of risk. When we are working on a campaign for months and with taking seriously that's not a guarantee we'll get a big salary and even quite the scam. Therefore when following the project see the first whitepaper,developer & team and also the bounty manager. Choose bounty maager that has a good reputation,it is at least minimize our work on the bounty scam. You need more check your task before leaving all that for your daily job.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:11:44 AM

If you want to save yourself from the scam bounties in the future then you should avoid participate on those projects that is the only way and we can never receive any rewards of the ICO turns into scam or didn't reach the soft cap values if you want to know the scam projects then you have to visit scam accusations section periodically.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:25:21 AM

I followed the instructions to the bounty posted on BitcoinTalk. I submitted the links to my articles. I asked BEFORE the bounty was distributed IF I needed to submit my articles any where else or do anything else. They told me I was "All Good". I put all of the work I did for the bounty in the bounty log on discord. I made posts about Eth Town on Reddit, Steemit, Twitter, etc. and constantly replied/supported the project. My life got busy and I stopped checking the discord channel because I assumed I was "all good". The main net was delayed and I never received any bounty/airdrop.

These are the messages I received from the manager. I need to know... Am I at wrong or did I get scammed?

https://imgur.com/a/4bcnJ5a

Unfortunately, it happens now quite often. There are a lot of cheaters among ICO teams. And all our independent research can not guarantee that this will not happen again in the future. Our research most likely can only have a random result. Everything should change for the better only if the states begin to regulate the process of conducting an ICO and before this check the command of each ICO. Then there will be at least some guarantee. Now it is almost spontaneous, "wild" activity.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:33:57 AM

In your situation where you are not getting any reward token from your bounty campaign, I think that something might have been wrong with the ICO itself wherein you might end up being scammed. Next time, if you are going to participate in a bounty campaign, just make sure you did some research about that particular ICO prior to joining. It's the best way to prevent from joining scam ICO's if you consider doing it  and also try to check on the spreadsheets if there are many high rank members involved with the project just to know you are on the right path.
Obviously, there's something wrong with the ICO, I see lots of project stop by the bounty manager after a couple of weeks because its not generating enough buzz, thus will not even hit a soft cap. Unless they're brutally honest to say that and as bounty hunters you can't do anything about it but to move on and look for the next campaign.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:51:22 PM

Well, you get a scam project, next time you have to be more careful in choosing an ICO project. currently it is very difficult to see ico who really will pay and will run better.
You need research to choose ico so you can avoid scams, or at a minimum you can choose ico, which is led by a trusted forum person.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: