Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SELinux Policy - Bitcoin  (Read 1339 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 15, 2010, 03:09:42 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2010, 07:45:55 PM by mizerydearia

I am learning SELinux and would like to establish a policy for Bitcoin.  Does anyone have any experience with SELinux and has established any related efforts?

At the moment I haven't established any results.  I have no idea where to begin.  I do not understand c++ code.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2010, 07:10:59 PM

I am learning SELinux and would like to establish a policy for Bitcoin.  Does anyone have any experience with SELinux and has established any related efforts?

Ubuntu? Debian?

I am interested in the results. Smiley

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
throughput

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2010, 01:59:16 PM

I am learning SELinux and would like to establish a policy for Bitcoin.  Does anyone have any experience with SELinux and has established any related efforts?

At the moment I haven't established any results.  I have no idea where to begin.  I do not understand c++ code.

Actually you don't need to.

I haven't elaborated in writing a specific SELinux policy for the Bitcoin, but instead put it running as a separate SELinux user and at user_t. That protection/isolation seemed reasonable for me.

What are you targeting with the SELinux policy module?
What are the specific threats are you concerned with?

Do you protecting the system from the violent network, or trying to defend the wallet?
Can you elaborate on that more?

I wouldn't mind in providing help.
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2010, 03:09:51 PM

I am uncertain what is necessary to protect against as I am still new to SELinux.  However, if there is a kind of extra layer of protection that can be established, I would like to learn more about it and possibly help to establish it.
throughput

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2010, 07:54:14 AM

I am uncertain what is necessary to protect against as I am still new to SELinux.  However, if there is a kind of extra layer of protection that can be established, I would like to learn more about it and possibly help to establish it.

So you are going to devote your time to whatever it could be?
Hmm...

It is principially important to define the goals of policy, since that will affect it directly.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 10:26:20 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 08:13:07 PM by error

Just saw this old thread. If you're still tracking it, my current work is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102650.0

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: