Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:58:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EU finance ministers will discuss cryptos this Friday  (Read 147 times)
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:25:40 AM

Maybe you have already heard about it, but during an informal meeting this Friday in Vienna, EU finance ministers will discuss “the opportunities and the risks involved, and also a possible regulation” regarding cryptos.

You can check out the agenda here:https://www.eu2018.at/calendar-events/political-events/BMF-2018-09-07-Informal-Ecofin.html

Since it is an informal meeting I wouldn’t expect any substantial outcome but it is still something to keep an eye on.

I will keep my eyes open for on any news on the results of the meeting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

This is going to be important topic for me for the future since I live in Europe, thanks for sharing.

I tried to goole any news articles related to an outcome of that meeting, but was not lucky, didn't find anything. This meeting happened last week right?
Did you find anything? Would really like to know what they discussed.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2445

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 04:49:54 PM

I don't think we should bother with it. The EU can't last much longer, so we should be thinking about life when it has been dismantled.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:37:25 PM

The leadership of many countries reflect on the regulation of the crypto currency, as it becomes more and more popular phenomenon among investors. But, I think, the only thing on which spokesmen of the European Union can converge, is only the fact that they need to regulate the crypto-currency. The ways of implementing this regulation are seen in different ways. I doubt that in the near future the financial representatives of the EU countries will be able to come to an agreement that will suit everyone, given the failed experience of several previous meetings devoted to this issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: