Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Edible Currency  (Read 437 times)
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:57:02 AM

As I see how the world goes in a few decades the main exchange unit will be bottles of clean mineral water, as the water quality goes down.

The only thing I can thing of which is "eatable" and long lasting (sealed) and have a high value in a small volume and weight is the saffron but there are almost no calories so it's out of the list.

I don't see any possible solutions with the food as we know it now. If they /the scientists/ make a new "powder" substance that can contain higher calories in a small volume,it can be a way to go but..

Soon we can print a stake on the regular 3d bioprinter so I guess you can print your own "eatable / grillable" money soon and be your own "bank".

I don't think this could ever be the case since we have already mass produced filters that allow anyone to drink clean water from any source. Water quality is preserved via filters which are already widely accessible.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
earnadoge

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:29:26 AM

Isn't it a problem if people eat money though, whole economy will get eaten, lol.  There might be a reason why coins are made out of metal, so people can't eat them.  Money is a rare useless item, that has agreed value, how much of it is out here is important (i think its important, i'm not good in economy)  I look at dry/dehydrated 25 year shelf life food more like gold or silver.  A ten dollar bag of rice is a lot of food, I've been eating it forever, if you have that in post apocalypse and need workers to produce some food or dig a well, you could pay with rice and dried bread, dried beans, etc.   
Hoping

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:28:59 AM

This could possibly be the stupidest idea I have read this year  Shocked

Average woman needs 2000 calories a day.

2000 / 3 "notes" = 666 calories in something paper thin the size of a mobile phone.  Try squashing 1 1/2 chocolate bars down to that size and thickness.

one piece worth up to $5 so thats $15 a day or $60 a day for a family of 4, sure you can eat better for that than actually eating the notes

I like that crypto buddy!  Where can we buy those?  LOL
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:44:13 PM

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/walmart-offers-bitcoin-milk-chocolate-coins-to-buy-at-low-price-of-1/
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 02:21:05 PM

This idea has been around since prehistoric times - it's called barter.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: