Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump supporters are burning Nike apparel because... Kaepernick?  (Read 238 times)
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

Nike's response:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:12:23 PM

byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:12:17 PM

Dig deeper. People burn US flags. Does it matter if they bought them from China or from US themselves?
Burning a flag is a message, not an economic transaction.

Oh well. That was MSM attempt to mock Trump supporters, so why do I even bother...

Ceterum censeo Civitatem Profunda esse delendam
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:15:24 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Dig deeper. People burn US flags. Does it matter if they bought them from China or from US themselves?

I have never heard of someone protesting China by buying Chinese-made flags and burning them.  Apples and oranges

You aren't supposed to give money to the company you are supposedly boycotting... that defeats the purpose if you give them your money

Oh well. That was MSM attempt to mock Trump supporters, so why do I even bother...

I mock anyone who does stupid shit... and Trump supporters win the gold medal for doing stupid shit

Sorry, not sorry
byteball

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

I mock anyone who does stupid shit... and Trump supporters win the gold medal for doing stupid shit

Sorry, not sorry
If your message wasn't "Trump supporters are stupid so let's elect Hillary next time" then I'm OK.
Just make sure if she happens to be in jail by that time, you don't overthrow government just to get her out of it and put into president's seat, like Ukrainians did with Timoshenko.

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:03:22 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

I agree with you to a certain extent, but burning a flag is a little different. Flags aren't made by one person, corporation or country, and this is obviously meant at least to appear like a serious boycott of a brand. There will obviously be some people doing this as a political statement, but I think these things tend to get blown out of proportion by the media, and a lot of people will probably just be burning some old piece of Nike clothing they have in a drawer somewhere and don't care about just to troll or take part in the meme (which is probably what it is more than a genuine protest). Just look at the things they're burning or chopping up. I don't see any fresh Nike kicks or anything that looks recent or decent. People are probably just doing it to cause faux hysteria and have a laugh in the process.

With that being said, I'm also sure there's a few racists doing it because they're genuinely upset about such a petty thing, but the people doing this to troll will probably dwarf them. It's like the tide pod challenge. Very few people were actually eating tide pods in reality, but that didn't stop people making videos about it and pretending to eat them and meme spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumption_of_Tide_Pods
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:53:40 AM

Sorry, not sorry
If your message wasn't "Trump supporters are stupid so let's elect Hillary next time" then I'm OK.

Did I say that?  I don't recall saying that...

Does it make you feel better to put words in my mouth?
byteball

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:23:45 AM

I agree with you to a certain extent, but burning a flag is a little different. Flags aren't made by one person, corporation or country, and this is obviously meant at least to appear like a serious boycott of a brand...

I can imagine there will be "international solidarity movement" where people will buy FAKE Nike, paying nothing to Nike, and burn to demonstrate their solidarity. Whether it was because of some Afro-American or not will be irrelevant, as there are no blacks (yet) in that particular country with FAKE Nike on sale. Whether they will be branded not only racists, but "Holocaust deniers" or "pedos" in the process is also, to a large extent, irrelevant. Those countries may be out of the Abrahamic RPG completely, like China. So Holocaust means nothing to them.

lockes007

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

Yeah right
It's of no economic consequence, it is a message that is being sent.Racist,stereotype.
Which ever message it is is not healthy for the world or else the world will descend into anarchy
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:58:47 PM

I start to believe that those moves (like youtube demonetizing) will return on those ceos and board in the form of jail time for having failed at their financial duties, what the fuck is the point to alienate a part of the market for what? Be it nike or youtube, isn't it the corporate responsibility to just sell (I don't say to go full ibm punch card maintenance)? Why make loyal customers the enemies?

I guess, I must not be the only one to not understand why it is being done... I guess there will be financial activists who will sue those boards and drag them to jail for having embarked on economic sabotage campaign !!!

it is raw stupidity. why can't the viewers of infowars on youtube see ads? I mean aren't they human beings too with needs who go to the market? why would an advertisers renounce to this market? for me it is economic sabotage !

and willingly to renounce and ban a market segment is clearly a total violation of any sense of responsibility of a public quoted board...

there will be consequences, how long are the statue of limitation in this case? yes... they will come... some are even only doing that all day long... poor sjws... to have wanted to mess with money...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:31:06 AM

Why are they acting like this, we only sees this kind of reaction in some Muslim nation not in a well civilized nation like US.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:52:01 PM

Why are they acting like this, we only sees this kind of reaction in some Muslim nation not in a well civilized nation like US.

People see what they want to see... if you claim you don't see it, it's simply because you haven't looked
kemswag

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:24:26 PM

This is quite unfortunate, Trump is a radical leader who can cause a stir in any issue at any point in time. Racism should never be encouraged in any society.
yatsey87

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:34:25 PM

it is raw stupidity. why can't the viewers of infowars on youtube see ads? I mean aren't they human beings too with needs who go to the market? why would an advertisers renounce to this market? for me it is economic sabotage !

Nobody on Youtube can see ads on Infowars anymore because they were banned entirely from the platform due to multiple instances of breaking their terms of service. Youtube's (fairly) recent demonetization policy seems very overkill in my opinion but multiple HUGE advertisers were dropping out from advertising completely on there because their adverts were being shown before videos of objectionable content so they had to do something to keep them on board. Coca Cola really don't want their brand associated with videos of people getting killed or racist/controversial content so YouTube just went overboard on what they class as 'questionable' content and anything that wasn't family friendly PG13 stuff now gets shunned from earning. They could have handled it much better and only prohibited certain channels from being able to earn rather than the huge blanket ban on anything that may or may not be 'adult' or questionable content but at the end of the day all YouTube care about is the money they earn and not that channels that actually use the platform to earn from them. 
loonyniko

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:52:58 AM

Colin Kaepernick is one of the bravest persons on Earth. He has sacrificed his livelihood and image for standing upto something that is a big issue in U.S. I don't understand how a NFL kneeling to the National Anthem is getting more hatred than mass shootings in schools.
yatsey87

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:42:45 AM

Colin Kaepernick is one of the bravest persons on Earth. He has sacrificed his livelihood and image for standing upto something that is a big issue in U.S. I don't understand how a NFL kneeling to the National Anthem is getting more hatred than mass shootings in schools.

I wouldn't exactly call him the bravest person on earth, but he certainly has balls and could have just kept quiet, but he didn't, so you gotta respect that at least. White America will take any chance they get to pounce on a black man if they think they're stepping out of place, but Kaepernick will do alright anyhow. He's a multimillionaire and even if he doesn't play football again he'll just make a career out of being a media martyr. 

Saw this today that Nike actually considered scrapping the advert with him due to fears of a backlash:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nike-colin-kaepernick-advert-was-nearly-scrapped-fearing-backlash-2018-9?r=US&IR=T
kokofromdablock

Activity: 33
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:40:39 PM

Yes what a good idea - some people don't have nothing on their feet and this guy is making even photos of the burning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: