Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?  (Read 3496 times)
wairawein

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:51:16 PM

Hold is good but needs to know what it will take place in the future, analyze a good coin to hold and trust, hold it long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:06:37 AM

sometimes holding is a good way to make the price of bitcoin is stable, why? we can see that holding can makes the stock in the market is low and the demand is high, so the price is rise up or makes the price is stable

The Scorpion

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:48:00 PM

yes it is but i this also day trading can give a good profit if you have good knowledge in trading.if not you can allow for profit trading to capture longer trends, thereby helping you in multiplying capital quickly.
AlenDel2

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

Not winning sprinters and marathon runners! Therefore, you need to be patient and wait until your bitcoins grow. however , if there is an opportunity to invest in a successful project, why not. But the most reasonable thing to do is only part of your savings in bitcoin. And today is the perfect time for investment!
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:06:02 PM

Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?
Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

I wonder what the community think about it.
I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way

I think that the hold here in bitcoin is good approach because it can helo you to earn a big 0rofit here in bitcoin.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 05:39:00 PM

We must realise and understand the fact that Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to use Bitcoin as a payment system instead of holding it for the speculation purpose period I am not against speculation but I believe that we should give first priority to use Bitcoin as a payment system as it is going to make it more valuable over the period of time.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:51:59 PM

Long-term storage is the most profitable strategy for investment. So you avoid the risks that accompany trading for example. So I always used it hold and will do it in the future.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:01:52 PM

Long-term storage is so not good for bitcoin itself, but I still actively use this investment strategy, because it brings me the maximum profit.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:01:37 PM

Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way

It all depends on best strategy for every investors. Some assets pay off with long HODL while others are good to go on very short term trades. The key thing is to identify such assets and apply your best strategy.

To me though, I don't believe so much in king HODL anymore. I prefer steady short trades.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:10:25 PM

It's not entirely good for Bitcoin if a big number of people decide to hodl their bitcoin. Just as you said, those who decide to trade their will be in a position to manipulate the price as they wish. In the other hand if the number of holders is big and those selling are small, demand will be higher than supply which will make the price to skyrocket.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2366
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:38:33 PM

People have an separate opion regarding bitcoin holding, so people hodl is good and some other hodl aren't good, so i think depends on the people how to express bitcoin themself and depends to the people strategy about how to handle their bitcoin investment.

kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme if you look at it as an investment. Same goes with most other cryptocurrencies out there. And since it is not an instant fortune as some would think, we will need to bring along tons of patience if we wanna invest in Bitcoin because it will entail us to hold for some time if we wanna earn from it. So yeah, holding is what makes it work for most.

cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

The hodl approach is pretty good, but that's on a long-term basis, as one has to exercise a lot of patience, despite the loss that would be incurred in the process.

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
Gozmoc

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:53:26 PM

Well, to me, hodling is not bad, as long as you know when the opportunity to sell off presents itself.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:02:23 PM

sometimes holding is a good way to make the price of bitcoin is stable, why? we can see that holding can makes the stock in the market is low and the demand is high, so the price is rise up or makes the price is stable

It doesn't work like that. Even if 50% of all BTC users held the price wouldn't stabilize. You would be limiting the supply of coins by holding thus making the price react to less coins being thrown on the market. If you have 100 coins in circulation on the market and the rest is off and someone sells 10, you'll have a significant move, but try doing the same thing when there's only 50 coins on the exchange because everybody is holding.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wasaisi

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

The Bitcoin holder does not give any effect on the price of Bitcoin until the future. Because they only hold back does not make the price of Bitcoin rise or fall. Therefore they do not contribute to Bitcoin.
medussa

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

Holding approach is good for bitcoin and some altcoins as well, because over time, the price will always go up with wide volatility in between, you only need to wait
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

hodl is part of an investment strategy and trading to get profit, hold always creates profits, but sometimes hold also creates losses.

but I often get profit from hold, even though the value is small. so, I think that hold is good for bitcoin.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:13:26 PM

Holding for bitcoin is good Idea because most of the people who hold their bitcoin for few years are earn a lot of money and most of them are become rich or millionaire. You are not lose money when you still holding most of them also like who bought bitcoin at $20k price in december 2017. But need to be positive to convince people to invest again and back again what we are already lost.
blockdragon

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

if the big companies would not be able to find the investors who dump in every single fud than it won`t be so easy to manipulate the market and I think that the holders are not the reason of it inversly the sellers are.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: