Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins better than bicoins right now?  (Read 4656 times)
Impulseboy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

With the price of bitcoin continuously going down, do you think that altcoins could be better right now than bitcoins? I trust that bitcoin prices will still rise perhaps next year, but with the price still going down, maybe altcoins have a better chance. What do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

Well, bitcoin price isn't continuosly going down, I mean, it dropped a lot in the past few weeks but it is definitely recovering, I think it is still the best option for long term investments, altcoins on the other hand, have still a tendency to drop but with fluctuations so they are still suited for daily trading schemes.

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:50:10 PM

With the price of bitcoin continuously going down, do you think that altcoins could be better right now than bitcoins? I trust that bitcoin prices will still rise perhaps next year, but with the price still going down, maybe altcoins have a better chance. What do you guys think?

altcoins have their on platforms and projects. bitcoin was the first generation plaform for the internet payments and after that ethereum introduced the concept of smart contract and after that different altcoins used ethereum blockchain to use the smart contracts..

in the current scenario altcoins are not that risky to buy because market is in dip and you can make some bucks with the proper trading strategy  

jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:57:39 PM

I don't think altcoins is better than Bitcoin right now. Cause bitcoin is now rising and if it rise like 2017 then altcoin investors will miss it. Also there have some chance of fall altcoins price. So bitcoin is the best choice for invest now.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:09:00 PM

Well, bitcoin price isn't continuosly going down, I mean, it dropped a lot in the past few weeks but it is definitely recovering, I think it is still the best option for long term investments, altcoins on the other hand, have still a tendency to drop but with fluctuations so they are still suited for daily trading schemes.

Oh I see. Thanks for the tip. I have never tried buying altcoins before. Do you think that altcoins is better suited for those that do not have enough to buy bitcoins with? Or is bitcoin still the better option despite the fluctuations in prices?
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:12:14 PM

I don't think altcoins is better than Bitcoin right now. Cause bitcoin is now rising and if it rise like 2017 then altcoin investors will miss it. Also there have some chance of fall altcoins price. So bitcoin is the best choice for invest now.

I see. Any tips on proper trading strategy with altcoins? I have never tried buying altcoins before so any tips would be really helpful.
neocryptrix

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

No. The majority of altcoins are purchased with bitcoin. Individuals who bought BTC years ago don't seem affected by the $value of their BTC because it will likely never go that low again. Instead, they are using their BTC to trade for altcoins during bull cycles and in bear cycles, content to sell their altcoins to remain stable in BTC. Buying alts during bear cycles will inevitably lead to the loss of investment. Wait for the trend to change, and don't forget to sell for profits.

? HELIOS PROTOCOL ? ?[DAG]?[BLOCKCHAIN]?[PoS]?[Masternodes] Huh[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]Huh
  HuhWebsite  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram ¦?Huh
Bacchu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:26:46 PM

Right now doing trade is risky because of the bitcoin price dump. But if you are good in trade than its easy to make some money at this dump season. I would suggest you if you are good in trade than do trade with your bitcoin if not then just hold your coin. Now I am trying to buy more altcoin with my Bitcoin. Stratis, Waves and Npxs is my favourite coin and I bought a lot already at this dump season.If you want you can buy those coin and HDL.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:33:14 PM

Why would you say that altcoin is better than bitcoins? Look, if bitcoin price drop the altcoin price too will be affected so if you sell bitcoin and trade it to altcoin the price of altcoin won't increase but increase of holders and the price of bitcoin can be drop because you sell your bitcoin that can affect the value of altcoin.

So there is no better than bitcoin because if the altcoin price drop it has no effect in bitcoin.
suhardi3899

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Maybe, but heavy.
So far this hasn't happened, when Bitcoin down almost the average altcoin also following the trend of Bitcoin. Likewise the opposite.
batturkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:35:01 PM

No altcoin is or was better than bitcoin, bitcoin is the first coin and the best one! It will go like this for a while.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

Watching the trend of last 3 months, No.
It seems like the price altcoins are getting is just due to the popularity of bitcoin.
Thousands of altcoins one side and bitcoin alone, still bitcoin is the winner when it comes to the value.
Hope time would change it.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:37:52 PM

No, I do not think that this is so, although of course the altcoins today look very terrible, because many people start selling altcoins to buy BTC, it's not right, I think that very soon we will wait for something good.
John Emst

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

I do not think ... I think that everyone chooses to make money. As far as the financial possibilities and other factors. After coming to the crypto currency we are making plans for what we are investing in.
Tamrlan

Activity: 282
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:44:49 PM

Why would you say that altcoin is better than bitcoins? Look, if bitcoin price drop the altcoin price too will be affected so if you sell bitcoin and trade it to altcoin the price of altcoin won't increase but increase of holders and the price of bitcoin can be drop because you sell your bitcoin that can affect the value of altcoin.

So there is no better than bitcoin because if the altcoin price drop it has no effect in bitcoin.
After I observed, he did not say altcoin is better than bitcoin sir. He just asked, "Do you think Altcoin can be better than Bitcoin?" Whoever answers, just say NO.
do you think that altcoins could be better right now than bitcoins?

Because until now Bitcoin is still the best. And maybe for the next few years Bitcoin will still be the best.
dragontigear

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

The current market situation of bitcoin is just a normal activity of cryptocurrency investment because i believed that in few months from now bitcoin will rapidly increase it's price so we should be careful in choosing good investment.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:48:40 PM

None of the projects who created their coin / token have a large user base, there is no real demand for products, and 95 percent of projects do not have a working product. Therefore, how can we talk about the growth of coins / tokens. All that can happen is a pump of an asset.
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:49:14 PM

I think time now for bitcoin only without competition from big altcoins giant like eth , neo ..etc but oneday when bitcoin price fixed by daily steady increase rate then all altcoins will move on rapid pump .
I advise to buy 50 % bitcoin - 50 % altcoins specially new well developed coins with low supply .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

Bitcoin is always better than the altcoins for in terms of anything like price or technology,acceptability and much more.For more precise the dump in last 24 hours of crypto market where most of the altcoins were fell about 20% price loss but the bitcoin is only about 13% so which is better?
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:51:29 PM

I see. Any tips on proper trading strategy with altcoins? I have never tried buying altcoins before so any tips would be really helpful.
Try to get in when the market was dipping and should remember the dip can be only reached on the bearish trend. Try to consider the bullish trend as the time to sell and not to buy anything. Remember this and this based on so many experts.
The majority of newcomers don't know how to do with the bearish trend that's why they always create more and more wrong decision/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: