Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I reply to topics with more or less replies? For the merit?  (Read 400 times)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:53:15 AM

I know there aren't rules and these are generalizations, but any tips/tricks would be helpful. Just trying to maximize my efforts like everyone else.

Stop worrying about merit, just make decent constructive posts. Help the community in anyway you can, realise your limitations and know where posts are wasted.

i'll break the above down as I am in a good mood.

Help the community in anyway you can

That means, use your skills - it can be anything that you are good at, info graphics, data mining, humor, investigating - whatever your niche is use it

Realise your limitations

Don't start posting in tech discussion unless you are well read, start reading lots - understanding BTC, maybe help newbies.

know where posts are wasted.

Don't post in megathreads (couple of exceptions, but if you don't know what they are then you shouldn't be posting in massive threads)
Don't post in the shit subs, speculation or any of the pajeet cesspools
Do check the top merited users and see what they do, i am up there but only cos I am unique and call a spade a spade - there are many many more talented people in the top 20 - check them out, follow the posts they make.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:01:17 AM

I've decided to take leveling up from Jr. memebr to member more seriously.

I want to know: Do I have a more likely chance of getting merit by posting on topics that have 1-3 replies or topics that 6-10+ replies? If some replies have already been merited, do I have a greater chance of getting merit by responding to that topic or not?

I know there aren't rules and these are generalizations, but any tips/tricks would be helpful. Just trying to maximize my efforts like everyone else.

I doubt that you will be able to calculate all the necessary factors to maximize the chances of getting merits. After all, you are not Laplace's demon. Don`t waste your time on this. Concentrate on improving the quality of your posts. Try to find useful information and present it in an interesting way for other forum participants. Argument your thoughts, reinforce them with facts. Be interested not only in cryptosphere direct news, but also in other relevant events taking place in the world, as they can play a very important role in changing weather in the crypto market. Your posts don`t go unnoticed. They are read by participants who can reward you. But you must try a lot for this.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

<…>
I want to know: Do I have a more likely chance of getting merit by posting on topics that have 1-3 replies or topics that 6-10+ replies? If some replies have already been merited, do I have a greater chance of getting merit by responding to that topic or not?
You could take a look at a study I made a few months ago to get a glimpse on what you are asking about (see Forum Merited Messages- Does size count? ).

Statistics may give you some clues (or not), but posting with the hope of being merited is not like betting on a particular horse in a race. You don’t just chose a horse that seems fit (thread/time/number of words/etc.) and wait for it to win. What counts most is the jockey (the post’s author), and his capabilities, stamina and style.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:02:23 PM

For me personally It doesn't matter if that is already a huge thread as long as the discussion is there.

Sometimes if the topic is uodated it means that there are alot of users reading from those. The only problem is you have to identify if there were actually real discussion happening and most of those huge threads are just swarmed up.

Posting in a short threads sometimes has more real discussion so that is not a bad idea.

Tho if you are good in making analytical data you can create your own thread which is for me the hardest yet the most effective way of posting that are mostly being rewarded with merits
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: