Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @theymos, we want those sections back to us, new moderators? Updated.  (Read 1165 times)
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:12:33 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 11:58:05 PM by wwzsocki
Merited by pawel7777 (1)

Keep reporting spam and abuse for almost a year. I am here almost 7 years on BTT from 2012 (my first account was hacked after 2 years) but was afraid to report because my first reports were bad and I got low accuracy.

Lately, the amount of spam grows so much that I just couldn't ignore this anymore.
I like to read this forum and I couldn't because sometimes to find one page with a quality discussion I had to read 4 pages of "great project" kind of posts. Slowly I learned how to report correctly and after some time I had hundreds of reports with 100% accuracy. Actually, I have almost 2,5k posts reported with 100% accuracy and only 14 bad (which I get at the start).

I will suggest adding volunteers to boards which need to be cleaned.
They should be supervised by an established moderator and first report posts for a few days or even weeks in this boards. Moderator will check their reports and if they are correct then assign them for a patrol, junior, ghost or even full moderator. I just think that the abilities of every member who applies for a moderator should be checked first to avoid abuse later.

I would be glad to help but from what I see there is no way to apply for this task only one has to be chosen by staff members.

I think there should be a thread where members can apply for such tasks.
This would be fairer. There are a lot of members like me which are not so popular but here a few years long, know a lot about crypto, post quality content, fight spam and abuse but don't have friends between forum staff members and don't post on every thread in meta, reputation or scam section to be recognized and gain popularity or just to butter up.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:34:49 PM

I've updated the OP in hope to get a feedback sometime in the near future.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: