Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is it profitable or not?  (Read 1966 times)
Garnettil

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:25:44 AM

If you want to hold and invest long-term, you should buy BTC or ETH.
If you want to make short-term investments and make a profit, invest in altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BamBog

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

Did you Google translate this or something? Your wording is weird.

Anyway, HODLing is profitable, but only for certain coins. Your mistake is choosing to HODL random altcoins when you could have gone with Bitcoin. It's also very much a long-term thing, so you can't be impatient like you were with your alts.
Yeah, when we HODL at shit coins then it wasn't profitable doesn't makes HODL are not profitable.
I guess OP got many shit coin got from his airdrop and HODL it, unfortunately after holding it for some time, those shit coins doesn't have value at all. 
ToniJu

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:24:23 AM

Not all cryptocurrencies are suitable for HODL, I think the most worthy of HODL is only Bitcoin and ETH, EOS, other altcoins I only use for short-term trading!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Totodecaan120

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:39:44 AM

Market fluctuations, all coins are low compared to 2017. But I still decided to hold and wait until the end of the year, hoping the market will light up.
medconindi

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:30:05 PM

hold will be profitable if properly and properly coin. market ups and downs you will panic sell panic when you will lose
You should put stoploss to not lose money
aminurrahaman

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:45:27 PM

HODL is it profitable or not?
Ofcourse HODLing is so much profitble but you have to book profit at right time.

As crypto market is very much volatile so thats why you need to book your profit at right time, and if you thinking that which time will be the right book profit? Then it will totally depend on your buying value, your hodling period and how you expect after HODLing.
For an example from past:-
As we all know bitcoin was came down to $6K after touching its ATH $20K in last December, but if you go back to September 2017 that time bitcoin price was aroun $4K, imagine you were buy a piece of bitcoin in last Sept. 2017 and start HODLing and if you are HODLing it till now then you will get only $2K profit instead of $16k( if you  sell bitcoin at the time of ATH).

So my point is HODLing in very much profitable but also you have to know when to book profit. And you can simply do that by researching and learning about crypto field.
mstepniak

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:45 PM

what do you think about Goldman Sachs news?
ehiozuwa

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:26:09 PM

Holding is a great way to invest in cryptos, the main challenge is if you bought at the lows, in a bear market preferably, that way you get to maximize the profit and can easily move out when the need be without having to wait for too long a time
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 04:29:10 PM

HODL is profitable but not always. If you don't take care, the coin you HODL will turn out to be a shit coin. There are some coins too that when you hodl, you can get a lot of money.

FedKosco

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:09:18 PM

With the current situation on the cryptocurrency market, there is nothing left to do to store your coins for a long time.
unorowest

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:43:08 PM

I used to think Hodling of cryptocurrency is the best way to maximize profit, but I have learned otherwise in a very hard way. Right before my eyes, I watched with total disbelieve as most of the coins I Hodled fell like a pack of cards after rising to a very high profit level, greed you may say, but that is what happens to you once you decide to Hodl.
Asadali569

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:43:41 PM

One of the things you really need to consider is to make a target in real life that you want to achieve something from the profit. For example, a car or a guitar. Once you have set up a goal then you can aim to make a certain level of profit.

Secondly, you need to limit yourself to a few sets of coin/tokens or else you will lose everything. Always remember that you are responsible for your money, profit and loss so a minimum could be three coins and maximum could be 5-8, depending on how much you can manage and track.

Thirdly, it’s never a gamble because you need to educate yourself by researching and studying each coin you want to invest it. Analysis is a huge part in this because if you don’t study and just wait for the coin/token to get higher then greed will get the best of you. As I mentioned earlier, set yourself a target. For instance if you bought a thousand dollar worth of bitcoin today at the rate of 6300 dollars then set yourself a target of withdrawing the money. So let’s say you will cash it out when it reaches 12 thousand dollars. And from that dollar you will get enough money to go to a holiday.
tuongc944

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:14:23 AM

Who can know potential coins and hold them, they will get more profits .But if we hold rubbish coins we do not have any thing.
AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:43:50 PM

Sometimes it's profitable and sometimes it's not it actually depends on the coin or tokens you are hodling, but i suggest if you choose to hold a particular coin check their roadmap and their marketing strategy because in the roadmap you can check what are they planning for the future and also if their marketing strategy is great its price would be high and your waiting is worth it. but there are some coins whose team left after they get some money and profits and leave their tokens as is.
Dolmar

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:44:35 PM

Each cryptoman is somehow familiar with the term HODL - investing in the crypt by the principle of "bought and hold". About a year ago, when I began to make my first timid steps in the cryptomir, I learned about this strategy, and began to use it.

The first my crypto assets, which I began to walk, are the tokens of the projects that I received for participating in the bounty of these projects. I am a maximalist in my life, so I participated persistently and efficiently in bounty campaigns, especially at the beginning of my crypt career. Bounty of social networks and bounty of blogs, plus different airdrops, allowed me to get hold of a lot of different kinds of tokens from different projects. The sums are of course penny, but in its mass it was going to something impressive.

So month after month I earned tokens and stayed with them, in the hope that these coins would give the cherished X-boxes. Greed, I was attacked by a real toad and a greed for profit. I began to buy different coins and keep them until the moment of the native.

Like many of us, cryptomaniacs, in my crypto-portfolio there appeared tokens favorites. In the next review, I'm not just telling you whether it's profitable or not, I'll bring real figures from life. These figures are very easy to double-check, so my review can be considered a true study.

You need to think about what HODL? Because this term will not be usefull in every cryptocurrency. This always work for our King BTC but not for ALTs. I found one thing coins with good product you can HODL like Binance Coin who even was better to HODL than BTC during this year from January maybe is more examples like this
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

Gaining from the short term investments require a great chance. But hodling bring us great results of gains. So why should you hurry up ?This is not a necessity. Just hodl it and be happy.
trahaubab

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 04:21:50 PM

As history tels us, look at pictures, old cars, BTC and other old things Grin HODL is profitable, but longterm.
The question is, will you need this money, when the thing becomes precious

pigzbe  |  A piggy-wallet™ not a piggy bank  |  powered by Wollo
● ● ●  A tangible digital piggy-wallet for children age 6 and up.
Ri Polok

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:26:46 AM

in Crypto world, I think holding is the main key to get success, hold your coin and token until the end of this year if you want to get a good return.
Dasss

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

Xd guys i'm alone who just hodl and don't worry about it? I hodl for 7 months, and i think hype of crypto still not begin.Imho
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:10:17 PM

Xd guys i'm alone who just hodl and don't worry about it? I hodl for 7 months, and i think hype of crypto still not begin.Imho

7 months? Does that mean you bought above 10k USD? You probably already know that it wasn't a safe move. I've been holding for a long time and I don't care if BTC goes to 5000 USD, since it would have to go below $700 for me to be at a loss, but I wouldn't recommend anyone who goes in at certain range to keep holding at 40 or 50% loss. THere are a few rules that people always repeat to new investors. Never try to catch a falling knife is one of them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███