Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where can i get testnet coins since faucets are down?  (Read 326 times)
timmy333 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

I am in need of testnet coins, about 1-2 coins, i cant find any since testnet is flooded with txs now, all the faucets are down. Well i found one but i cant get enough through just a single faucet.

if anybody knows where to get some or is willing to share some of their own testnet coins, any amount will do, i have 0.005 right now and i need a fee of atleast 0.01 per tx to get a confirmation and would like to test a few hundred TXs of various amounts. Sad i cant buy these as it would defeat the purpose of testnet, but difficulty is too high to mine without an asic it seems. So any ideas on how to move forward here would be appreciated.

testnet address if you have some to spare:
mo84K13VNwzYvysHGjxRnepHyN4fqYXkxd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:53:35 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Hello timmy333,

We can see that you are in need for some coins on the BTC Testnet to facilitate some testing. As you stated, most of the popular faucets for TestNet are temporarily disabled because of the flooded network.
To enable you to make the necessary transactions we have just sent you 0.5 from one of our Testnet wallets. Unfortunately we cannot send you more than this since because our supply of Testnet coins is rather limited.

Good luck with your test transactions and let us know if everything worked out!

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:12:50 PM

Just mine them - they're easy to mine
timmy333 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:43:12 PM

Anycoin, thank you so much! .5 is great, it enables me to do something atleast as its enough to cover fees. I really appreciate the help. Ill send back as soon as im done, i imagine about .3 will be left after TX fees.

also i did email one faucet owner before, and i got .02 (they are usually .001) out of it, but with the tx fees on the network its not enough, although still appreciated ofcourse. i got like 2 transactions out of it. I should be ok with the .5 from anycoin and with what little i already have, and hope the tx flood stops soon.

looks like were on a path to testnet4 pretty soon, this is unfortunate how a few people can ruin it for everybody.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:20:18 AM

I am in need of testnet coins, about 1-2 coins, i cant find any since testnet is flooded with txs now, all the faucets are down. Well i found one but i cant get enough through just a single faucet.

Just remembered that I got this lying farrow in one of my wallets:

https://chain.so/tx/DOGETEST/064698b9d4b6da0e1d029bf919ec9e1af06ca058ed2333275a3705376063105e

Not going to need it soon, so if it would help you pursue your dream, you can have it!
timmy333 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:08:20 AM

I guess i sprung up some confusion here,  i think i should have been more clear. some clarification:

1. i am talking about bitcoin's testnet, no altcoins, there is no coin called testnet to my knowledge. its a network to emulate what its like on the bitcoin blockchain without having to use $10k in btc to debug. and bitcoin testnet is currently under a LOT of stress so coins are scarce as no automated services are operating that i have found as of the last month. Testnet coins dont have a name, they are not a coin, its bitcoin just using a seperate set of peers and some minor changes in pubkeys used to receive coins. Its still bitcoin, just incompatible with the main bitcoin network. similar to regression testing, its still bitcoin-core nodes, just different parameters.

2. mining is possible and WAY easier than mainnet, but its still not guaranteed to get coins as there are no pools, luck is involved and from what i have been told, it can take up to a month to get a block on testnet with a gtx 1080 because currently only a few people hold huge hashrates on the network (like what happened to testnet 2). I planned to buy the required hardware and set up only if i had no other routes, but anycoin (and somebody else who hasnt made it public) helped here and i dont need much to worry about investing in a gpu for this. Difficulty is still too high to make it extremely easy IMO, but low enough to be viable.

3. as ETFBitcoin said, i will not buy testnet coins, i am in no way cheap or afraid to spend money, i am however not going to contribute to breaking a system that is put in place to help the community. If you understand testnet, buying/selling the coins completely destroys the network, its what got testnet2 shut down. Buying these coins is like having to pay money to post on twitter, twitter is popular because its free, charging to post would destroy the service inevitably. if we had to pay for testnet coins, might as well just use mainnet.

Victorycoin:

thank you so much! but i cant accept, i have no plans to test anything on a network other than bitcoin's testnet. im sure somebody would love those coins though! you are very generous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: