Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:04:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Titcoin [TIT] - The adult cryptocurrency  (Read 27840 times)
Gandalf86 (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:43:01 AM

Titcoin News

Hello everyone, I am very excited to announce that Titcoin has been listed on Nova Exchange on the BTC and DOGE markets! Smiley

Novaexchange was bought by Goobit Exchange AB, the largest Swedish Bitcoin exchange provider, in late 2017 / early 2018 and has been offline for almost an entire year. Nova is Goobit's step into the altcoin market and they are planning to make Nova one of the leading altcoin exchanges, and put a lot of effort into overhauling the site and preparing their relaunch. The new Nova was launched on Dec. 3, 2018. They are a trusted exchange platform including KYC requirements and will provide a great basis for the Titcoin project to grow.

The TIT deposits on Novaexchange currently have an extended confirmation period of 400 (!) confirmations, or about 6.5 hours. This is due to the low mining power that we currently have and the doublespend attack that was carried out against Cryptopia some months ago. We will be able to reduce the required confirmations when our miner network grows.

I would like to thank Nova for supporting the original Titcoin chain and giving us an opportunity to get listed on their new site! Smiley

Unfortunately Novaexchange stopped the market again after the Tittiecoin developers told them that theirs is not the "correct" Titcoin, but a fork ...  Roll Eyes (which is obviously a lie in case you are wondering)

I'm working with them to reactivate the market again. Right now you can trade Titcoin on Yobit, and Nova was on the same chain as everybody else (I tried depositing and withdrawing coins, everything worked).

Please join our Discord if you want to get involved, it would be great to have more active community members! Also if you have an idea that you would like to see implemented I'm sure we can get it done if the idea is good.  Wink

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Learnalot

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:33:17 AM

Hi Gandalf,

I got an email from Cryptopia about 51% attacks. I'll link their explanation below, which was quite enlightening for me.
I'm happy I moved my coins off Cryptopia some months ago, but it made me think about coins with a small marketcap, which TIT and TTC still are. The attackers can simply rent an ASIC computer system and then they control these small coins. As I understand it, this is possible with coins that use the original Bitcoin style Proof of Work. It's not possible with Proof of Stake coins. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
I think it's safer for small coins to not use Proof of Work, to avoid 51% attacks. If a 51% attack happens today, it can happen again anytime. Right?
I'm happy that TTC moved to Proof of Stake and thereby avoided the current attacks. Shouldn't your TIT do the same? Maybe the merger isn't that bad after all..?
Don't you agree?

Here's the link to Cryptopia's explanation, where they explicitly state "This is no problem for popular coins like Bitcoin, but for smaller coins, 51% of hashrate of some types of coins can easily be rented.":
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=91fc54cddbfc2b0052d2ef728a961948

I'm interested in your thoughts.
Best regards,

Learnalot.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:57:22 AM

Hi Gandalf,

I got an email from Cryptopia about 51% attacks. I'll link their explanation below, which was quite enlightening for me.
I'm happy I moved my coins off Cryptopia some months ago, but it made me think about coins with a small marketcap, which TIT and TTC still are. The attackers can simply rent an ASIC computer system and then they control these small coins. As I understand it, this is possible with coins that use the original Bitcoin style Proof of Work. It's not possible with Proof of Stake coins. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
I think it's safer for small coins to not use Proof of Work, to avoid 51% attacks. If a 51% attack happens today, it can happen again anytime. Right?
I'm happy that TTC moved to Proof of Stake and thereby avoided the current attacks. Shouldn't your TIT do the same? Maybe the merger isn't that bad after all..?
Don't you agree?

Here's the link to Cryptopia's explanation, where they explicitly state "This is no problem for popular coins like Bitcoin, but for smaller coins, 51% of hashrate of some types of coins can easily be rented.":
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=91fc54cddbfc2b0052d2ef728a961948

Best regards,

Learnalot.

Hey, thanks for your question! I am happy to explain the pros/cons of Proof of Stake vs. Proof of Work to you. The difference is that POW has a well researched and validated incentive model, while Proof of Stake has not. With POW, the party/group who is putting in the largest amount of money/mining power over time is directing the consensus during that time. With POS, the party/group who has the largest amount of coins once is directing the consensus at any time.

So for example, with POS, an attacker could accumulate a massive amount of coins while the coin is cheap, and carry out a double spend attack years later when the coin is worth much more. That is not possible with POW, because the difficulty will increase over time if the value rises. Therefore, having POS on a low-value coin is much more risky than POW. With POW, you can just increase the required confirmations (like Novaexchange did for Titcoin for example), and even if there is a 51% attack the damage is not so large. With POS, once someone has a too large balance the chain is effectively worthless.

Another problem with usual POS implementations is that the person who has the largest balance will increase their share on the network through exponential growth until they own >50% of the coins. A specific problem with merging with TTC is that the TTC devs must have a very large amount  of TTC already (since they are offering a swap from a different coin etc.), so they have way too much power on the network and will profit the most from POS. A cryptocurrency should be as democratic as possible and not be controlled by the people who happen to have the largest amount of coins through shady swap practices.  Wink

So Proof of Stake sounds nice at first but it has a lot of problems if you look closer, especially if you want the consensus to still be trustworthy when the value rises a lot.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
thinkcoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:43:31 PM

Hi Gandalf,

Don't you agree?

Best regards,

Learnalot.

Hey, thanks for your question! I am happy to explain the pros/cons of Proof of Stake vs. Proof of Work to you. The difference is that POW has a well researched and validated incentive model, while Proof of Stake has not. With POW, the party/group who is putting in the largest amount of money/mining power over time is directing the consensus during that time. With POS, the party/group who has the largest amount of coins once is directing the consensus at any time.

So for example, with POS, an attacker could accumulate a massive amount of coins while the coin is cheap, and carry out a double spend attack years later when the coin is worth much more. That is not possible with POW, because the difficulty will increase over time if the value rises. Therefore, having POS on a low-value coin is much more risky than POW. With POW, you can just increase the required confirmations (like Novaexchange did for Titcoin for example), and even if there is a 51% attack the damage is not so large. With POS, once someone has a too large balance the chain is effectively worthless.

Another problem with usual POS implementations is that the person who has the largest balance will increase their share on the network through exponential growth until they own >50% of the coins. A specific problem with merging with TTC is that the TTC devs must have a very large amount  of TTC already (since they are offering a swap from a different coin etc.), so they have way too much power on the network and will profit the most from POS. A cryptocurrency should be as democratic as possible and not be controlled by the people who happen to have the largest amount of coins through shady swap practices.  Wink

So Proof of Stake sounds nice at first but it has a lot of problems if you look closer, especially if you want the consensus to still be trustworthy when the value rises a lot.

Hello Gandalf,

I'm following this crypto for a long time, and I'm wondering about when it really splits from the original team.
Since they left this crypto and offered the swap, Is this not the right time to left this coin to the community who wants to go with it ?
Of course some of us will not swap for another one, so what they think about this ? What they want to happen with us ? Just gone into dust ?
Some time ago I was interested in the development of another coin, but I left this alone.
Right now I'm looking at you initiative seriously, may some development resources help the next step of this coin ?
How can I help you ?
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

Hello Gandalf,

I'm following this crypto for a long time, and I'm wondering about when it really splits from the original team.
Since they left this crypto and offered the swap, Is this not the right time to left this coin to the community who wants to go with it ?
Of course some of us will not swap for another one, so what they think about this ? What they want to happen with us ? Just gone into dust ?

Those are really good questions, I would suggest to ask them about this directly. One thing that they will need to understand is that they can't change their Tittiecoin ticker to "TIT" because it's already used by Titcoin. But I would be surprised if exchanges would allow them to do this anyway.

Note that they are not even the "original team", they just bought the Twitter account etc. from the previous owner who in turn got them from the original team. The original team left this coin 2 years ago. This coin hasn't been developed since 2014, and now by me.

Some time ago I was interested in the development of another coin, but I left this alone.
Right now I'm looking at you initiative seriously, may some development resources help the next step of this coin ?
How can I help you ?

Thanks for offering your help, I would suggest that you join our Discord so we can have a chat!  Smiley

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:48:56 PM

Unfortunately Novaexchange stopped the market again after the Tittiecoin developers told them that theirs is not the "correct" Titcoin, but a fork ...  Roll Eyes (which is obviously a lie in case you are wondering)

I'm working with them to reactivate the market again. Right now you can trade Titcoin on Yobit, and Nova was on the same chain as everybody else (I tried depositing and withdrawing coins, everything worked).

Novaexchange market + wallet are active again! Happy trading.  Cool

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_TIT/

Thanks are going to Novaexchange, they have a supreme support team. I am very positive about the future of Nova as soon one of the most reputable altcoin exchanges.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:05:18 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2018, 12:21:54 AM by Gandalf86

Apparently Cryptopia decided to delist Titcoin due to the double spend attack that happened during this summer. I would recommend to move your funds to your own wallet (download link in the ANN), and to use Nova Exchange as the new trading platform. It's a very reliable exchange. It's not listed on CMC yet because Coinmarketcap requires a daily volume of $1000 per day in order to add a market to a coin's page.  Roll Eyes

Currently most people seem to move their funds to Yobit which leads to a lot of downward pressure over there. But at least we have some good volume again, finally!  Cheesy

Please don't store your funds on an exchange, ever! Always use a real software wallet on your PC.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 07:06:44 PM

Titcoin Giveaway #1

Ladies and gentlemen, since we're currently in a bear market and TIT is a bargain right now, I would like to start a social media giveaway campaign to fuel attention!  Wink  The campaign is going to happen on Twitter and Gab, you need an account that has at least 100 real followers and is older than a month (so it was created in November 2018 or earlier).

In order to participate, please make a tweet (or Gab post) about Titcoin that includes the following:

In order to claim the giveaway, post a link to your tweet in this thread, along with your Titcoin address. You can download the wallet here in order to get an address: https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin/releases/tag/v0.16.3-titcoin1

The reward is determined on a first come, first serve basis:

• The first 10 participants will receive 1000 TIT
  • Numbers 11-20 will receive 900 TIT
  • Numbers 21-30 will receive 800 TIT
  • Numbers 31-40 will receive 700 TIT
  • Numbers 41-50 will receive 600 TIT
  • Numbers 51-60 will receive 500 TIT
  • Numbers 61-70 will receive 400 TIT
  • Numbers 71-80 will receive 300 TIT
  • Numbers 81-90 will receive 200 TIT
  • Numbers 91-100 will receive 100 TIT

In total we will be giving away 55,000 TIT which has a value of about $29.92 at the current prices. The giveaway is limited to 100 participants, using the above reward structure. Each user account will only be considered once and you can only participate using one tweet per account. The coins will be sent a few days later, after I have checked that your tweet fulfills the requirements.

I will maybe repeat this giveaway in the future when we have much higher prices, so stay tuned!  Wink

PS: Please remember that we're also listed on Nova (https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_TIT) which is not shown on Coinmarketcap, yet.

Best regards, Gandalf86  Smiley

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:29:46 PM

Titcoin Giveaway #1

Ladies and gentlemen, since we're currently in a bear market and TIT is a bargain right now, I would like to start a social media giveaway campaign to fuel attention!  Wink  The campaign is going to happen on Twitter and Gab, you need an account that has at least 100 real followers and is older than a month (so it was created in November 2018 or earlier).

In order to participate, please make a tweet (or Gab post) about Titcoin that includes the following:

In order to claim the giveaway, post a link to your tweet in this thread, along with your Titcoin address. You can download the wallet here in order to get an address: https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin/releases/tag/v0.16.3-titcoin1

The reward is determined on a first come, first serve basis:

• The first 10 participants will receive 1000 TIT
  • Numbers 11-20 will receive 900 TIT
  • Numbers 21-30 will receive 800 TIT
  • Numbers 31-40 will receive 700 TIT
  • Numbers 41-50 will receive 600 TIT
  • Numbers 51-60 will receive 500 TIT
  • Numbers 61-70 will receive 400 TIT
  • Numbers 71-80 will receive 300 TIT
  • Numbers 81-90 will receive 200 TIT
  • Numbers 91-100 will receive 100 TIT

In total we will be giving away 55,000 TIT which has a value of about $29.92 at the current prices. The giveaway is limited to 100 participants, using the above reward structure. Each user account will only be considered once and you can only participate using one tweet per account. The coins will be sent a few days later, after I have checked that your tweet fulfills the requirements.

I will maybe repeat this giveaway in the future when we have much higher prices, so stay tuned!  Wink

PS: Please remember that we're also listed on Nova (https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_TIT) which is not shown on Coinmarketcap, yet.

Best regards, Gandalf86  Smiley

Happy New Year Gandalf86!!

It's a great social media campaign that you're proposing. Unfortunately, the amount of people reading bct and willing to participate in this campaigns has reduced to almost zero.
Don't be disapointed with the lack of response. Just postpone it until btc starts bringing people back again.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:02:54 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2019, 02:16:52 PM by Gandalf86

Happy New Year Gandalf86!!

Happy new year to you, too!  Smiley

It's a great social media campaign that you're proposing. Unfortunately, the amount of people reading bct and willing to participate in this campaigns has reduced to almost zero.
Don't be disapointed with the lack of response. Just postpone it until btc starts bringing people back again.

Haha np, I'm aware that interest in altcoins has heavily declined in 2018. Which is an even greater motivation to try and build up a community even during this bear market! I don't believe any altcoin should make itself more dependent of Bitcoin than necessary. Titcoin is not just an object of price speculation like some other useless altcoins, it has its own purpose and a right to exist on its own. The case of use-case specific currencies like Titcoin has yet to be explored.

Distribution of coins is essential for building a strong community, and I'm sure that everybody likes free money.  Wink The only question is how much is necessary for people to start taking action. I will progressively double the giveaway amount every now and then until we have a significant amount of participants, and buy more coins from the market for redistribution if necessary. At these low prices, giving away TIT is almost like an ICO or airdrop of a new currency!  Cheesy The goals of Titcoin are clear and it has a very good use case, so I'm sure that the lack of visibility will only be a temporary issue. It only requires one person with a significant amount of followers to realize the potential that lies within Titcoin in order to kickstart the necessary attention.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:58:29 PM

Important note: Please remember to withdraw your coins from Cryptopia if you haven't done so yet! On Jan 19, Titcoin will be delisted and you will no longer be able to withdraw your coins. Please use Yobit or Novaexchange instead for trading, and store your coins in a local wallet if possible.

prurient

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:01:37 PM

ATTENTION!

Please be advised that these are not the Official TitCoin developers that you are dealing with, we are the Official Developers

We are swapping old TitCoin for new TittieCoin - TIT at a ratio of 10 new TittieCoin - TIT for 1 old TitCoin TIT

Anything downloaded or used from 3rd parties is at your own Risk and is not by the actual Titcoin developers themselves.

Here you can find a list of all official links and the official repo linked to all exchanges.

The official Git Hub account is here: https://github.com/OfficialTitcoin/titcoin-wallet

The Official Twitter account is here: https://twitter.com/officialtitcoin

The official website: https://tittiecoin.com/

The official Bitcoin Talk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423523.0

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the current situation and issue with individuals impersonating the Official TitCoin developers,

Please contact us here:  fraud@titcoins.biz

Best regards,

The TitCoin Developers
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:04:02 AM

ATTENTION!

Please be advised that these are not the Official TitCoin developers that you are dealing with, we are the Official Developers

We are swapping old TitCoin for new TittieCoin - TIT at a ratio of 10 new TittieCoin - TIT for 1 old TitCoin TIT

Anything downloaded or used from 3rd parties is at your own Risk and is not by the actual Titcoin developers themselves.

Here you can find a list of all official links and the official repo linked to all exchanges.

The official Git Hub account is here: https://github.com/OfficialTitcoin/titcoin-wallet

The official Bitcoin Talk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423523.0

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the current situation and issue with individuals impersonating the Official TitCoin developers,

Best regards,

The TitCoin Developers

You just bought the project accounts of the last Titcoin dev, and the first thing you've done is announcing that Titcoin will be abandoned and that every Titcoin holder should swap their coins for your own currency. You are not Titcoin developers because you are not developing Titcoin, and you have no right to take our ticker TIT for your own chain.

I've taken over Titcoin development as a Titcoin community member, you can see my work here: https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin
The source code you have linked (https://github.com/OfficialTitcoin/titcoin-wallet) was created by the original developers in 2014, not by you.

The only thing you are doing is making false claims, trying to confuse people and trick them to send you their Titcoins. Please stay out of this thread!

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:54:24 AM

ATTENTION!

Best regards,

The TitCoin Developers

How can you be such an scumbag.
Why would you try to scam people this way?
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1929
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:33:35 AM

i am surprised about the interest in this coin , people are almost fighting for it , my choiche would be to follow gandalf because he is an old/good member of the old community
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 04:56:12 PM

i am surprised about the interest in this coin , people are almost fighting for it , my choiche would be to follow gandalf because he is an old/good member of the old community

Right?  Cheesy It's interesting because Titcoin is a $25k USD micro-cap altcoin. But I guess the reason is that some of the more experienced cryptocurrency members see the potential that lies within here. Among all altcoins, adult currencies like Titcoin have among the greatest potential of achieving wide adoption into mainstream first, because the benefits of decentralized and pseudonymous tipping are obvious even to no-coiners.

How can you be such an scumbag.
Why would you try to scam people this way?

Let's not accuse them of scamming here, these fights are unnecessary and do not help anyone. It only distracts our focus from the important questions, which is how we can grow our community and have Titcoin being used for adult tipping!  Smiley  I still get carried away sometimes, too, but ultimately it doesn't help...

tittiecoin

Activity: 901
Merit: 501

It's a lifestyle

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 10:10:31 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 01:59:53 PM by tittiecoin

ATTENTION!

We would like to bring the following to your urgent attention!

TittieCoin recently acquired TitCoin and became the Official Developer holding the Offical Github repo and all of its assets including the Official Domain TitCoins.biz.

We created a new coin that features Proof of Stake, MasterNodes and Privacy! TittieCoin then merged the old Scrypt version TittieCoin TTC and TitCoin TIT into the new Coin TittieCoin - TIT effectively merging the two coins via the swap process.

Imposter Developers Gandalf86 and now also user Rw13enlib88 has started to spread fud on various channels in an attempt to lay claim to our project that was handed over to us by the previous OFFICIAL DEVELOPER (Joy-Toilet).
REFF: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/outhouz-inc#section-sub-organizations

Real developers do not have the time to go around on various channels to call Offical Developers scammers, Gandalf86 forked our Offical Titcoin Github account and decided to call himself the Offical developer and is giving a few people false hope with very little ability to develop, he is using third-party coders and developers by searching online for people to work with him, totally ridiculous.

Further to this, we are not the first Official Dev team to fall prey to Gandalf86 he also did this to https://spectreproject.io/ who banned him and blocked him for trying to take over there as well when he then went and forked their project also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039051.0

Here is what people have to say about that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3371587.msg40204664#msg40204664

Further to this Rw13enlib88 has since taken to using various social platforms in an attempt to discredit the TittieCoin Developers using slander and other forms of defamation to falsely label the TittieCoin Developers as scammers so they can appear to be the official developers.

Gandalf86 claims he has done soo much work when all he did was release this perfect example of why no one should take him seriously. https://titcoin.website/

Along with a wallet that although functional anyone can compile with 2 brain cells.

We have done a substantial amount of work that we are proud of and anyone with common sense can see that and that is the reason why we have already gained the support of more than 99% of TitCoin users who are now ready to be part of a real project with actual developers who do not fork other peoples projects and then stake a community claim to it.

We expect that Gandalf86 and now also user Rw13enlib88 will avoid commenting on our threads and Twitter accounts and they can continue their mad scientist work without bringing slander and deformation to us any longer.

Thank you

The TittieCoin - TIT Team and our community of thousands of happy users!
https://tittiecoin.com

Limitless - VIP is a lifestyle and entertainment agency, leveraging blockchain technology as one of its payment options for services. Masternodes, Proof of stake and Privacy.
CryptoCracker

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:00:51 AM

seems to me that he just tries to take over projects and when that doesn't work, just makes things difficult and confusing for anyone looking for answers.

Actually, what he is doing and has done seems to be everything that is holding crypto back. Or can you point to a successful project that he completed or remotely succeeded in.

It seems to me like he is trying to scam people by confusing everyone and spreading misinformation.

He attacks smaller projects and just fires out enough social media to annoy and disrupt legit projects. So he is a good old member----really? What does that mean? What has he done to better crypto? Serious question....explain that and we can then learn about how great he is for crypto.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:59:52 PM

ATTENTION!

We would like to bring the following to your urgent attention!

TittieCoin recently acquired TitCoin and became the Official Developer holding the Offical Github repo and all of its assets including the Official Domain TitCoins.biz.

We created a new coin that features Proof of Stake, MasterNodes and Privacy! TittieCoin then merged the old Scrypt version TittieCoin TTC and TitCoin TIT into the new Coin TittieCoin - TIT effectively merging the two coins via the swap process.

Imposter Developers Gandalf86 and now also user Rw13enlib88 has started to spread fud on various channels in an attempt to lay claim to our project that was handed over to us by the previous OFFICIAL DEVELOPER (Joy-Toilet).
REFF: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/outhouz-inc#section-sub-organizations

Real developers do not have the time to go around on various channels to call Offical Developers scammers, Gandalf86 forked our Offical Titcoin Github account and decided to call himself the Offical developer and is giving a few people false hope with very little ability to develop, he is using third-party coders and developers by searching online for people to work with him, totally ridiculous.

Further to this, we are not the first Official Dev team to fall prey to Gandalf86 he also did this to https://spectreproject.io/ who banned him and blocked him for trying to take over there as well when he then went and forked their project also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039051.0

Here is what people have to say about that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3371587.msg40204664#msg40204664

Further to this Rw13enlib88 has since taken to using various social platforms in an attempt to discredit the TittieCoin Developers using slander and other forms of defamation to falsely label the TittieCoin Developers as scammers so they can appear to be the official developers.

Gandalf86 claims he has done soo much work when all he did was release this perfect example of why no one should take him seriously. https://titcoin.website/

Along with a wallet that although functional anyone can compile with 2 brain cells.

We have done a substantial amount of work that we are proud of and anyone with common sense can see that and that is the reason why we have already gained the support of more than 99% of TitCoin users who are now ready to be part of a real project with actual developers who do not fork other peoples projects and then stake a community claim to it.

We expect that Gandalf86 and now also user Rw13enlib88 will avoid commenting on our threads and Twitter accounts and they can continue their mad scientist work without bringing slander and deformation to us any longer.

Thank you

The TittieCoin - TIT Team and our community of thousands of happy users!
https://tittiecoin.com

Jeez. Can you even make a reasonable argument without including personal attacks in it? What are you actually trying to achieve?  Huh

Here is a summary for you, again (and for everyone else who is reading this for the first time and is wondering what is going on).

1. I developed a new Titcoin wallet based on an up to date codebase (https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin), because the "official" Titcoin wallet (https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin-original) is an archaic stone-age wallet from 2014, and there was no visible development happening. The fact that anybody can make a cryptocurrency wallet and that there is no single point of trust is the entire point of cryptocurrencies, so having two different wallets by different developers shouldn't be too surprising or enraging.

2. The Titcoin wallet I created so far is for Titcoin (obviously), not for any kind of "fork".

3. I'm calling myself the Titcoin developer because as far as I know, nobody else is working on a different Titcoin wallet right now. This has nothing to do with "impersonation", it's simply a matter of facts. If someone here is also working on his own Titcoin wallet (which, by definition, has to be compatible with the existing network), or is interested in getting involved, I would suggest that you contact me so we can work together.  Smiley

4. You are using the term "official Titcoin developer" like a title, but let me tell you that "developer" is NOT a title, it's a job description that has to be earned by doing the job! That is, developing a software for the respective project. You are developing the TittieCoin wallet, which makes you TittieCoin developers, not Titcoin developers. You can not become a developer by paying money to someone.  Roll Eyes

5. TittieCoin is not a hard fork of any kind of Titcoin, it is a totally different currency. Forks always have a common genesis block. You can offer a swap, that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the two coins are distinct. A swap offer doesn't magically "merge" two chains.  Wink

6. I'm trying to make sure that Titcoin will keep its original ticker (TIT), because there is no reason for it to change.

Now, to address your personal attacks quickly:
  • I never asked anybody for money for my work. I didn't even ask anyone to trust me, if you don't trust me you can check the source code that I wrote (https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin), or use the old Titcoin wallet from 2014, I don't care. The work I'm doing is simply a free offer to the Titcoin community. So calling me a scammer is pretty far-fetched, don't you think?
  • The current Titcoin website was created by our community member cryptobart, which I am very thankful for.  Smiley
  • The new Titcoin wallet might not be magic, but the old wallet wasn't, either. It's just a codebase upgrade. If someone wants to swap their Titcoins to your much more complex TittieCoin chain they are free to do so.
  • Spectrecoin/Wisp is a different project and has nothing to do with this. That being said, Spectrecoin hardforked to introduce forced donations, and I was part of a group of people who supported the original chain without forced donations, which we called Wisp. This has nothing to do with a "takeover attempt", it's just how forks work. A chain fork happens when there is a disagreement on the protocol level.
  • The fact that you are accusing me of FUD is, uhm ... ironic.  Cheesy

So again my question: What are you trying to achieve here? What can I do to stop you from running personal attacks against me and other Titcoin community members? Why are you trying to use our ticker for your own currency?

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:17:20 PM

Btw., @everyone:

Even during these pointless and wearing discussions I have to remind you all that Titcoin is going to be delisted from Cryptopia in one week (on January 21)!! So if you haven't withdrawn your TIT yet, please make sure to do so! After January 21, you might no longer be able to access your coins.

Please use one of our other two exchanges:

I would recommend you to always store your coins in a local wallet and not on an exchange. You can download the most recent Titcoin wallet here:
https://github.com/titcoin/titcoin/releases/tag/v0.16.3-titcoin1

Best regards,
Gandalf86

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: