Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Three things you should not do when Bitcoin prices drop!  (Read 4771 times)
tonyosa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 05:28:26 AM

Chasing a trade is one sure way to lose money, if you have missed out on a opportunity to get in on a particular trade, do not try to do catch up because it always ends badly.it applies to all  coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 05:31:08 AM

Yes i very much agree with you

Do not
panic sell
do not be impatient
be patient
have a rest from trading for sometime
DYOR
relax

If one could only have the patience to wait for some time, you would discover in many cases that it was the most logical option that could save you some  money because the  market is cyclical
Core.i7

Activity: 71
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:36:33 AM

Great topic. I will surly follow them. If every people start following this steps they'll never lose there money. Panic sell can lead your money in to lose as you said " Do not sell your coin when looking at your coin soaring! " its correct if people stop panic sell they'll never lose

cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:43:49 AM

When the price begins to drop is not the time to ever think of selling, except, of course you are very much in the profit margin. Then you must understand if the market prices will depreciate for long and hence sell quickly or else, if it is just a glitch then it is advised that you hold the fort!. The best thing to do when the prices fall again is to invest- yes buy more coins and hold them. It slows the downward slide (if you buy a chunk) and then gives you a potential profit in future.
haanhictu

Activity: 1560

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:05:54 AM

I think it would be too much if we did not care about the charts when our money was lost through it
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:32:27 AM

Yes, the advice you have given are legitimate points that everyone should follow, bu the fact of the matter is that many jump into cryptocurrency just to make a quick million without knowing much about cryptos and how they behave in a market. I hope people will love bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies for what they can do to the future of our society, not as an investment instrument to get rich quickly.
anastasia.graciaa

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

Do not panic. Sell if you feel like to, it's always up to you. Be patient.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:49:12 AM

We can look at this kind of situation as a opportunity, opportunity to buy more bitcoins and keep it until the price is back and have patience because patiene will be the greatest weapon we can use here in crypto world, and be wise so you will be not fooled, because in this crypto world there is a lot of scammers around this and many still desiring to get your bitcoins but don't you dare to sell it, DON'T BE A PANIC SELLER, don't be a panic seller because there is a lot of fuds is saying that bitcoin will die or down or what but don't you believe them because 90% on the internet is just a sh*t
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:04:08 AM

Do not stare at the Chart all day!
Those who have just entered the market, will spend a lot of time to "charting". Looking back, if you are honest with yourself, how much time you wasted. You spend a lot of time learning and learning the knowledge and application, but also spend a lot of time aimlessly to look forever into the computer screen with the red blue.
Sometimes the best thing you can do is to put a little order, walk scattered, trust the strategy you set, and remember "IF YOU DO NOT COME BACK TO YOUR STRATEGY, YOU ARE SURFING IN THE MARKET "
This one is among of the few rules to apply when btc price is dropping, if you dont look in the market frequently you can save yourself to avoid the usual mistakes we commit like panic selling. Seeing the price dropping is not a good view especially if you are not patient with your investment and set to hold for short term only, in my experience btc is profitable if you hold it for long period thus in order to follow my plan I dont monitor the market often and focus in other things instead.

Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:13:33 AM

The first, of course, don't panic and avoid selling losses. be patient and be optimistic that the market will recover and keep holding our coins. Make an opportunity when prices go down by buying as much Bitcoin as possible when the price is at a low point.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

It's also important to accept the potential consequences of your trading decisions ahead of time.

Especially when trying to catch the bottom.

I switched a good amount to alts just to watch them keep going down another 40%! (although less in bitcoin terms, and one actually doubled)

I guess it's also important to understand the opportunity cost of your decisions and the potential need to lock away the funds for a very long time especially if you want to make money.

I wonder how long it took from the last bottom to the last peak at 20k.

It was more than 3 years before there was recovery after Mt.Gox.

And Mt. Gox was really ugly.

Then there is the one that the government tells us. It's along the lines of past performance is not an indicator of future outcomes.

Unfortunately that's true over 95% of the time. (for mutual funds according to this article : https://www.businessinsider.com/mutual-fund-performance-persistence-2014-7)

Well, bitcoin isn't a mutual fund but as long as people are treating it as an investment the market is really distorted.

I wonder how untrue the statement is for commodities and currencies, bitcoin and crypto are really their own thing.
Still it's good to think about the fact that the world doesn't always follow a clear pattern, and the boom and bust cycle doesn't mean that you never lose money if you don't sell.

You can very well never sell and lose all your money and bitcoin is not an exception.

Edit: misspelled "is" as if.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:34:55 AM

Do not worry about your capital because if you will sell at loss, you will definitely lose your money. I do not scare everytime the bitcoin goes down specially that I do not have enough money to buy bitcoin. I want to invest more in bitcoin and ethereum when it will fall.

FunZedCrypto

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

We shouldn't be frightened or anxious when we encountering defeat on the grounds that as we recalled this framework are typically has a high unpredictability, along these lines, the destruction is exceptionally regular things to happen.We need to accept that and make plan accroding to this.'
Cryptomania843

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

I started in January 2018 with cryptos purchases. A week later there was a crash. My balance went red and I sold everything at a loss. It turns out that it was a big mistake. We must never sell at a loss, we must learn to trust our corners and give them time to go up. Crypto marches are dangerous because they are unstable. You have to study to know when to go in and out. We have to set ourselves goals, but we are in a sharp decline right now and it's hard not to panic. The best thing to do at this point is to stop looking at the charts and the market. Allow time for everything to come back and everything will be fine. I lost a lot of time watching the charts all day long and it did not help me. I will have to turn off my computer and enjoy my children.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Kekenapep

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:59:45 AM

Three things I think one should obviously do when the price of bitcoin drops are:
Do not panic,and avoid panic sales
Be patient and purchase more bitcoin at lower prices
Hold and sell when the prices go up,and make more profit.
swifer

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:02:18 AM

. at the moment the prices up and down make people confused. they tried to sell some of the holding btc. and on the other hand with cheap prices people try to buy more to hold.
Bigboygangmove

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:14:19 AM

the lower it goes the more i can buy, i hope it keeps going lower (even lower than $4800) so that i can buy even more. when it hits $1M per bitcoin, you'll be happy it was lower now. Sure, it "feels" bad now, but think how good it will feel when we're all millionaires!!!

rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:51:17 AM

Trading or investing in the Crypto market is a psychological battle for yourself. Securities investors often say that investing in traditional markets requires very high disciplinary action. This demonstrates how they will control themselves for the volatility of the market. How can they eliminate the wrong decisions that most people still make and adhere to the strategies they have set.
If traditional markets require discipline, the Crypto market requires resilience and a sense of steel. The Crypto market has tremendous fluctuations in comparison to other markets in the world, in this market the preparation of emotions and keeping a cool head for a trader requires a lot of practice.
Here are the things you need to remember and when you need the best psychology for a Trader to cope with market fluctuations.
Do not try to catch the right market!
If you are really lucky to have a source of money to invest in when the market goes down, it can be a good time to start making money. Many people keep thinking about adjusting the market as a "Flash Sales", and always try to think of getting the bottom right of Bitcoin to make the most profit, but then you will notice the bottom of the day. this is the peak of tomorrow.
When you look at price charts, look at the price of coin straight into the pit, you ask yourself when it will stop the price drop? You are catching yourself to catch the bottom of this rebate. Getting the bottom means you are trying to trade in a bottom of a downtrend trend. It must be emphasized that it is really difficult to get the bottom right in a downward trend, which is just like posting a knife with a high velocity.
If you still insist on capturing the bottom of the rebate, you are missing out on a lot of better earning opportunities. There may be times when the secret is simply "ONLY, ONLY AND ONLY" until you have identified a trend reversal of the market. Many people lose more when they keep their view on having the most profit when they catch the bottom. From time to time, you intend to place orders when thinking that the current price is closer to the bottom of the market than waiting to determine the right trend.
Do not sell your coin when looking at your coin soaring!
Many people have done this, the general psychological tendency of the market. Many stories share the same plot, and each time you see a coin A rising drastically, you start to sell your Coin B and immediately jump into Coin A. The psychological effect is called The FOMO is a normal fear of human psychology but is really dangerous in the Crypto market.
Do not stare at the Chart all day!
Those who have just entered the market, will spend a lot of time to "charting". Looking back, if you are honest with yourself, how much time you wasted. You spend a lot of time learning and learning the knowledge and application, but also spend a lot of time aimlessly to look forever into the computer screen with the red blue.
Sometimes the best thing you can do is to put a little order, walk scattered, trust the strategy you set, and remember "IF YOU DO NOT COME BACK TO YOUR STRATEGY, YOU ARE SURFING IN THE MARKET "
the opinion that you convey is very appropriate if all investors have thoughts like your opinion crypto currency will become more developed of course, if all investors understand all the risks that will be gained in investing I think it can make investors more confident and believe what you invest
zikzag

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Minter

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:53:45 AM

Everyone says that they do not sell on the fall of the market, and still a lot of people are selling. There are always and will be people who will fail.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:18:19 AM

Three things an investor should not do when the price of digital assets drop is .
Do not panic sell your holdings.

Buy more digital assets if you have more money.

Do not spread fud....be positive at all times.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: