Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Backup Phrase" for recover hacked account. @theymos  (Read 189 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 05:08:17 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 09:07:56 AM by Coolcryptovator

How it will work if implement backup Phrase for recover Bitcointalk account? Recover hacked account become impossible for Bitcointalk lately. Not much response from admin for recover account. On current system there is no other option to recover hacked account except admin help. Backup Phrase (12 word) will allow user to recover password himself. Usually hackers change mail after hacked account or hacked with mail. In that case its very difficult to recover account. I am wondering if backup Phrase or similar something implement for forum, it will easy and safe for recover account.

If some one activate backup Phrase and wrote down on hard paper than user could recover account himself even hacker change email address. However, I think there should be something to recover account by user. We can see many account recover request on meta. I would like request to admin please help them (ASAP) who have enough proof of ownership. And think something new to recover account by user himself.  

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoangtujuda

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:13:46 AM

Actually, I think they, the administrators are too busy with forum management. They will still solve that problem but relatively long time. User problem, I encourage everyone to use 2FA for mail and set up phone number for mail, do not set any password the same over the account type, the password should be in random mode. On the recover account issue on forum , I propose secondary password or Backup Phrase as you mentioned.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3422

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 06:52:04 PM

Backup Phrase (12 word) will allow user to recover password himself. Usually hackers change mail after hacked account or hacked with mail. In that case its very difficult to recover account. I am wondering if backup Phrase or similar something implement for forum, it will easy and safe for recover account.
Something like this only works if it's given at the beginning (creation stage).

If some one activate backup Phrase and wrote down on hard paper than user could recover account himself even hacker change email address.
And if the hacker is that "someone", then what (there's a flaw in it, it can go both ways)?
- Implementing such thing for existing users, is a bad thing...

I would like request to admin please help them (ASAP) who have enough proof of ownership. And think something new to recover account by user himself.  
He's working on something:

I used to do them sort-of regularly, but at some point I just couldn't stand it anymore, in addition to not really having time. Cyrus is still doing some, though not enough to keep up.
~Snipped~
I acknowledge that the current situation is very bad, and we have some plans for fixing it. I hope to have manual account reviews going smoothly again before the end of the year at the latest.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████