Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the stocks market will crash again like 2008, what will happen to bitcoin  (Read 2999 times)
jonathan6655321 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:49:53 AM

If the stocks market will crash again like 2008, what will happen to bitcoin?
I personally think that people will take their money out and will invest it somewhere else.

Do you think that bitcoin will be a good alternative?

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:03:24 AM

bitcoin is not yet mature enough for investors to be considered a solid place to go because of its extreme volatility and the unpredictable nature of it. but at the same time it has been one of the investment options among investors for a while now.
so it would be reasonable assumption to think in case of a market crash elsewhere, the investors shift some part of their investment into bitcoin specially those who are already diversifying using bitcoin as an additional option.

Only Bitcoin
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:22:52 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM by Juggy777

I personally think that people will take their money out and will invest it somewhere else.

Hey why do you feel that we'll see a crash similar to the one we saw in 2008? Now let's take a hypothetical situation we indeed witness a crash in the stock market, why would the investors who probably would have lost their money, invest in another volatile currency like bitcoins?.

There is a argument that they'll try to hedge or try to make money in bitcoins, but it's difficult for me to believe that, as most them would be conservative and would not be comfortable investing in bitcoins. However the high risk investors will invest and we shall definitely see a spike in the prices, but with abnormal prices will come panic sales, it might do some good to bitcoins in the short term but not for long term.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:01:39 AM

bitcoin is not yet mature enough for investors to be considered a solid place to go because of its extreme volatility and the unpredictable nature of it. but at the same time it has been one of the investment options among investors for a while now.
so it would be reasonable assumption to think in case of a market crash elsewhere, the investors shift some part of their investment into bitcoin specially those who are already diversifying using bitcoin as an additional option.
People may not consider cryptos as the alternative for the economic crash because most of the times the cryptos are also falling when there is fall in the stock market so if there is an economic crisis in the future the price of bitcoin also will fall but not in great range I think.Gold will be considered as the alternative place to invest their money when there is crisis.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:23:04 AM

IMHO, part of the stock money will flow in to crypto. since crypto market is only portion of share market size. some might consider crypto as alternative especially the younger generation.
grey007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 09:24:01 AM

Who was looking for a safe way out from stocks market already found it. People with capital are not stupid and monitoring market for a new interesting investplace.
BTC will be interesting for as in short perspective, but for new traders))
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 757

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

It's possible for people to take their money out and not do anything else with it. It would be easy to assume they'd be flocking to alternatives, one of which would be Bitcoin, but there's apparently some correlation between the stock market and Bitcoin:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-has-been-acting-unusually-similar-to-the-stock-market-2018-02-07

And here's a piece as to why Bitcoin may not be a reliable hedge, from a traditional investor:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-bitcoin-isnt-a-reliable-hedge-against-stock-market-moves-2017-09-07

All of this could easily change though, of course. I'm not rooting for the stock market to fall, but it would be interesting if Bitcoin acted as a hedge. Bitcoin is still very new, so patterns are still very much unreliable. All we can really do is observe.

aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

I think bitcoin and other crypto currency itself would be the best alternative to run from the crashing market. Most of the big investors will do this because in the current times if there is any powerful asset or currency is there then its nothing but the crypto currency itself. They will surely put more money into it and also they will have the opportunity to earn big fortune form it as most of the people around the globe would be focusing crypto and thus in the meantime they will put more money into it and spiking the whole crypto a lot more above than expected price tags.

This is why most of the stock people will be leading their way and their customers way into the crypto currency. Gold and Silver are already too pricy and hiking with less % per year so thats not big shot at all.
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 09:45:06 AM

If that happens then the BTC market will grow rapidly because when they lose confidence in the stock market they will find a new market for them to invest.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:47:02 AM

I do not think they will invest in another cryptocurrency because we all know that bitcoin is not a fraud. It is a valuable and trusted cryptocurrency. So if bitcoin went back to what it was in 2008. I believe investors will keep believing in it and wait for it until it recovers. But if they happened to invest in another coin, I am sure they would withdraw their money and invest in another more trusted coin. But I doubt bitcoin will fall lower than $4k.
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:48:24 AM

Most people when one investment fails don't immediately look to invest elsewhere. I suspect the opposite effect may be more prevalent where people pull their other investments (such as those in bitcoin) to hedge against their potential losses.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1458

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 10:11:35 AM

Yes, people look for wealth reserves when a crisis comes. If another crash happens, bitcoin will be bought as a wealth reserve but I’m not sure to what extent. The most traditional wealth reserve was Gold but bitcoin is an strong competitor. In the next crisis both gold and bitcoin will be wealth reserves, it will be interesting to see how it affects both markets.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2126

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

It will be how much investors view Bitcoin as safe haven vs how much they view it as a risky asset. Bitcoin was many times theorized to be a hedge against traditional markets, and on a local scale it works well like that - see Venezuela, Zimbabwe and other poor countries, but when investors have better access to different markets, they might pick safer options like gold over Bitcoin. Bitcoin shouldn't drop if the stocks will crash, but it also not likely to grow significantly.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
davis196

Activity: 2926
Merit: 901

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

The 2008 stock market crash was created by the banks and the lack of good financial regulations.
Now,the US financial system is more regulated,so I don't expect another crash soon.However,if a crash happens,smart people will HODL their assets(stocks or crypto,it doesn't matter) and stupid people will panic sell everything they have and leave the markets with a loss.Bitcoin might be hit as well,but it will recover,for sure.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

I think that bitcoin would actually respond very positively.

The fact that bitcoin is completely unrelated to the stock market, real estate or any other fiat related investments mean that it is completely independent of the traditional investments which will be the most hard hit out of all in a financial collapse like 2008.

And with a limited supply, its value should hold up well within that stretch of time. When people see widespread panic within the markets they may even look for a safe haven to store their wealth, and theoretically, bitcoin demand could actually be boosted by this as people seek for alternative investments to park their wealth.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:52:14 AM

it is depends to a person for me cryptocurrency investment will really need for a person to take a risk because investment here is much risky rather than investing in stock market, also people should know the market movement here that are the things that they should consider unlike in stock market that they have the assurance on that kind of investment.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:44:19 AM

I think it will have not an effect for crypto market because if we compare between stocks investors to crypto investors then obviously stocks market is more popular and because most people still not considering bitcoin as their main investment form then most of them still concern to see stocks market movement so in my opinion if this is happened then the investors will stick to stocks and we will see no significant increasing investors for bitcoin
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206

🔰Buy/Sell Cryptocurrencies🔰

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 05:01:14 AM

It depends upon the situation if that time bitcoin will be legalized in all countries then probably investors from stock market diversify their money into crypto if they saw that stock market will be cashing out because once a businessman knows they will earn the know how to many risks even how risky in cryptocurrency.
On other hands, bitcoin now will very popular that having a profitable source so, there's no reason people did not adopt as an alternative way of investment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:04:07 AM

If only, bitcoin is a good alternative no doubt about it but if only if it will be accepted by now to many huge firms.
Maestro75

Activity: 1904
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 05:44:39 AM

Yes, I think they will invest in Cryptocurrency.
Because I think CryptoCurrency have touched its lowest price, so if there is crash in stock market, that is the times of Cryptocurrency Smiley
You say this about bitcoin touching its lowest price because you have been into crypto for longer than a year now and have monitored it. Those coming fresh to it will not see it that way. The crash will still scare them a lot. You can not blame them when you consider the massive fall. For me I think it will be a great time to buy into cryptocurrencies and not just bitcoin alone, and then also invest a bit into an offline business to keep capital secured.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: